• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Excellent performance tonight. Sanchez also did well, though I'm not convinced he's good enough to be in our first choice pairing

Had a couple of brain farts where he came rushing out and got caught, think it was Rice that did him and led to a chance but some good clearing headers. Overall good performance though, kept it compact and the win was comfortable in the end.

when he first had games at CB many moons ago he looked shaky and kinda lacked concentration. Of course he then moved into DCM and became very good at that, and then became not very good at that :).

But i'm hoping he has a second shot at settling down into the CB position and hes been pretty decent in the couple of games so far. His awareness and anticipation appear much better but i also notice he directing traffic a load as well, organising people and doing the thing we know he's good at.....leading.

If his standard is good enough and we have toby,sanchez,tanganga as well, a new CH can slip down the priority list a bit.

I wonder if Toby is annoyed he agreed to stay and has now been dropped in favour of Dier? I'm not complaining, Dier has looked good again since the lockdown, must be frustrating for Toby though after Jose did his best to convince him to stay

Given our likely lack of funds this summer plus Dier's recent performances, I'm wondering whether we'll take a chance this summer and not sign a CB. We'd therefore go with Dier, Toby, Sanchez and Tanganga next season - that doesnt look rock solid but we have bigger problems elsewhere. It would mean that we can focus our attention/funds on DM, RB and LB.

RB needs fixing given the clown we have there at the moment, and Jose obviously doesnt trust Foyth
LB: we only have one, unless you include Sessegnon who doesnt look ready yet
DM: we don't have one

Plus we have the same back-up CF issue which we always continually fail to solve and then get hurt when Kane gets injured

Given our likely lack of funds this summer plus Dier's recent performances, I'm wondering whether we'll take a chance this summer and not sign a CB. We'd therefore go with Dier, Toby, Sanchez and Tanganga next season - that doesnt look rock solid but we have bigger problems elsewhere. It would mean that we can focus our attention/funds on DM, RB and LB.

RB needs fixing given the clown we have there at the moment, and Jose obviously doesnt trust Foyth
LB: we only have one, unless you include Sessegnon who doesnt look ready yet
DM: we don't have one

Plus we have the same back-up CF issue which we always continually fail to solve and then get hurt when Kane gets injured
Yep I think that will be our pool of centre backs, unless Sanchez was sold to generate the cash for a replacement or there is someone on a free Jose is a big fan of. Full backs are the priority, the backup 9 I don’t think will be overlooked as I’m sure Mourinho wanted one in Jan. Midfield looks well stocked, perhaps a DM and obviously an Ndombele replacement if he doesn’t manage to get back into the reckoning by the end of the season.
Liquidity remains a big challenge, both in terms of releasing funds / wages but also for the manager as if they completely ostracise someone they aren’t available for use if they can’t be off loaded.

I wonder if Toby is annoyed he agreed to stay and has now been dropped in favour of Dier? I'm not complaining, Dier has looked good again since the lockdown, must be frustrating for Toby though after Jose did his best to convince him to stay
It's simply squad management at the moment.

Dier has to play until his ban is known, otherwise.......knowing our luck, if Toby was playing instead he could get injured and then Dier can't play because of his ban, plus with Tanganga still injured we could be down to 1 CB.

This way we are guaranteeing we should have 2 fit and available.

It's simply squad management at the moment.

Dier has to play until his ban is known, otherwise.......knowing our luck, if Toby was playing instead he could get injured and then Dier can't play because of his ban, plus with Tanganga still injured we could be down to 1 CB.

This way we are guaranteeing we should have 2 fit and available.

I think that it is more than that, I think that Dier is our first choice CB now and his best partner is Sanchez.

Back