• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Deadline Day ****

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Stoke already got some business done, signing Marko Arnautovic from Werder Bremen!

It also looks like West Ham are close to agreeing a loan move for Fabio Quagliarella!

West Bromwich Albion have completed the capture of Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano

Aston Villa's Barry Bannan is having a medical at Crystal Palace

Last edited:
Ancelotti on Coentrao:

"Fabio is staying. I understood that he wanted to go, but really it was not the same desire for everyone. Now he's decided to stay and everybody, the club, players and coaching staff, are happy with this decision,"

I cannot wait for this transfer window to be over, to be honest. I've wasted far, far too much time trawling this site and others for news on potential ins and outs.

Ancelotti on Coentrao:

"Fabio is staying. I understood that he wanted to go, but really it was not the same desire for everyone. Now he's decided to stay and everybody, the club, players and coaching staff, are happy with this decision,"

I'm thinking he's staying due to lack of interest in his services from a CL club, as he clearly made lots of noise about wanting out.

I hope we get a left back. Was hoping for Coentrao but that looks unlikely now. Who else is there?? Luke Shaw?

Late knock out bid for Benteke? He is still the type of CF we need rather than the little pea, who offers nothing different to Soldado

AVB said no more in yesterday

And last summer he said we weren't signing Lloris. I think the time between that statement and us signing him was better measured in hours than in days.

Obviously it's not certain that we will sign anyone, but AVB's comment doesn't tell us much. If we're chasing a new player in a position, but we're unsure if we'll be able to sign him then why unsettle the existing players in that position needlessly?

To use the example from last season, if we hadn't been able to sign Lloris then any mistake from Friedel would have been highlighted by the press saying that he wasn't who AVB wanted in goal. Friedel himself might even feel unsure about the trust AVB had in him.

TOWNSEND TUNING IN

Tottenham winger Andros Townsend just caused minor panic among Spurs fans on Twitter when he said: "Transfer deadline day: exciting to watch, stressful to be involved in!" but quickly confirmed he's not leaving White Hart Lane: "Was referring to being involved in it last January! Definitely only going to be watching it on TV this time round."

Back