• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

19k new cases in south africa. But 26% positivity. So the actual numbers will be far higher. Deputy vice chancellor of research seems cautiously optimistic.

19k new cases in south africa. But 26% positivity. So the actual numbers will be far higher. Deputy vice chancellor of research seems cautiously optimistic.

Yet in this country SAGE are forecasting doom and gloom.
1/2 k admissions a day. Have they got anything correct lately.

If the briefing is right. That 0.9% of cases were omicron on 30th november. Doubling every 2-3 days. Means we're getting at least 3k cases a day now. 12k by monday.

Surely nobody is surprised when MPs don't follow the rules... did anyone honestly think they would not have parties etc?

Quite strange it is only coming out a year later, surely it would have been obvious to many, many people / staff / servants / organisers / media at the time?

Bloke down my road got a £50k fine for a New Year’s Eve party I wonder how he feels knowing the Police aren’t looking into these cases!

Surely nobody is surprised when MPs don't follow the rules... did anyone honestly think they would not have parties etc?

Quite strange it is only coming out a year later, surely it would have been obvious to many, many people / staff / servants / organisers / media at the time?

yeh, definitely someone keeping their powder dry until now.

That's just xmas. Sure there was a birthday or 2 an anniversary. Leaving do, berevement and a swingers party.

And there's now a 'wetting the baby's head' get-together to not-arrange (nothing to do with the above-mentioned swingers party, I am sure).

Did you even watch the vid or read the report?

Let me give you the highlights.
No increase in the number of patients in hospitals.
There has been a rise in the number of patients in hospital with covid. But 76% of those cases are incidental, they were admitted for reasons other than covid. Most didn't realise they had it.
70% of covid patients don't require oxygen. This is the same as would normally be expected without covid.
Only 1 double vaccinated person that had covid required oxygen. That was because they had copd.
Waste water checks showed that the wave in one city was already as high as previous waves the sample was taken about 2 weeks ago (medcram did a vid).
Average hospital stay is 2.8 days compared to 8.5 days in previous waves.
No increase in deaths.
The doctors that have worked through previous waves say this is totally different. Very mild disease.

Could this change? yes. Everyone could drop dead tomorrow.

But everything points to this being mild. Don't know why you have a problem accepting that.
Isn’t that tempered by the fact that the demographic getting infected is mainly younger and therefore less likely to become seriously ill anyway?

Isn’t that tempered by the fact that the demographic getting infected is mainly younger and therefore less likely to become seriously ill anyway?
Still not enough time elapsed to see what happens across various demographics, in each country. Too many variables, Vax uptake[I know RSA is lower!], age, health, density of population, commute distances. i prey it’s mild and the positive is that the initial signs are not showing it as being more severe, which is great but hardly conclusive.

Back