• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copa America 2015

Spurs7891

Jermaine Jenas
Copa America is supposed to be the biggest international football tournament after WC and Euro. But it is seldom given much attention by the world media. Just 1 week before it starts in Chile, there is not much coverage by the media on it. Ofcourse, it normally lacks the quality and entertaintment you expect, but it will be a good time-pass nevertheless.

Past Winners
Uruguay =15 (1916,1917,1920,1923,1924,1926,1935,1942,1956,1959,1967,1983,1987,1995, 2011)
Argentina = 14 (1921,1925,1927,1929,1937,1941,1945,1946,1947,1955, 1957,1959,1991,1993)
Brazil = 8 (1919,1922,1949,1989,1997,1999,2004, 2007)
Paraguay = 2 (1953,1979)
Peru = 2 (1939,1975)
Colombia = 1 (2001)
Bolivia = 1 (1963)

Argentina used to be the dominant force in Copa America but have not won it since 1993. Brazil never took it seriously until the late 1990s. But I think Brazil will be desperate to win it this time as they need to regain their pride after being humiliated in the WC 2014 they hosted.

Chile will be hosting the tournament this time, June 11 until July 4.

Group A
Chile, Mexico,Ecuador,Bolivia

Group B
Argentina,Uruguay,Paraguay,Jamaica

Group C
Brazil,Colombia,Peru,Venezuela

As usual, this Copa America will be all about how Argentina and Brazil perform and whether the likes of Uruguay and Mexico can stop them.

I think 1 minus point about the Copa America is the schedule of the matches which always comes at unsuitable times in most part of the world. Here in Asia, most of the matches will come after 5.00am.

I said I would watch the last tournament and didn't, but I will try and watch this one, maybe not all of it but the knockout stages at the very least and all of Argentina's games just to watch Messi.

Brazil are an average side, but I wouldn't be surprised if Neymar dragged them to the final so I might have a punt on them winning with Neymar as top scorer. Argentina are still very hot and cold, they should win it, but they haven't won anything in over 20 years.

FFS, read its on Youtube and Xbox live, fcuk paying subscription brick. Streams it is.

They really are making it an easy decision to get rid of all my subscription brick. 21st June is when I phone Sky to cancel. Bill due on 22nd of month.

I was in Venezuela whilst the last Copa America was on which was when they exceeded all expectations and got themselves to the semi finals, baseball is actually their number one sport iirc which makes them the only South American nation where football isn't no.1 - still though the locals were packing out the bars to watch the games and even had mad celebrations after the game they were knocked out in, fireworks going off all over town and people driving around with the flaglialing from their cars - was great to see.

So yeah i'll be rooting for them - VAMOS VINOTINTO!

Really disappointed with Argentina as they only drew 2-2 with Paraguay. It was an entertaining match with lots of goal scoring chances for both teams. Argentina led 2-0 at half time and should have won the match comfortably. But they wasted many goal scoring chances, especially by Messi. Argentina's weakness in defence was exposed by Paraguay who scored 2 late goals to make it 2-2. On this showing, not sure if Argentina can win their first Copa trophy since 1993. Messi again struggled to show his Barcelona form for his national team.

Was really annoyed with the Mexico-Bolivia match which ended in a boring 0-0 draw. Have always enjoyed watching Mexico play due to their entertaining attacking play but their football has been going down in recent years.

Argentina's tourno to lose, Brazil look so poor, Mexico have taken a second string team and Uruguay are without Suarez so this aint one of the better renewals but its better than watching the women's world cup

So, Neymar is out for the rest of the tourney ? Stoopid boy. But unreal enforcement of rules, ridiculous !!! 1 game ban then revised to a 4 game ban ???

So, Neymar is out for the rest of the tourney ? Stoopid boy. But unreal enforcement of rules, ridiculous !!! 1 game ban then revised to a 4 game ban ???

I thought it was a 1 match ban as an automatic result of the card. Then a committee was formed to set the actual punishment. In a hectic tournament schedule it partly makes sure no player becomes eligible because the committee hasn't met up yet if the games are close together I think.

I don't think it was ever set as a 1 game ban and then revised.

Back