• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Each State has differing laws on it's police force when making an arrest and restraining.. From what I've been able to find out, their law in Minnesota allows a cop to pin someone down with a knee to any part of the body including the neck! For how long, I could not find...

Bear in mind that the State's Governor is a Democrat, the Mayor is a Democrat, the Chief of Police is a Democrat ...
I think in Minnesota, if you're a white supremacist cop and the 'someone' is black it's until they're dead usually.

You're to the left in your politics both economically and culturally, are you not?

I wrote in my post:
"you're only looking for stories to fit your, 'white people are racist oppressors - black people are the oppressed', narratives."

And the fact that you were presented with two web links of black on white crimes and you refused to even acknowledge them so as far as I'm concerned, I feel justified in my assertion.

Ok, you've amused me enough. to engage.

You don't know my politics and cultural leanings, you've made an assumption based on a couple of interactions on here and you've escalated them to labelling me 'Kill Whitey', 'SJW' and other such nonsense terms. You do this with everyone, you even compared this whole board to Communist China because people were calling you out for whatever it is your peddling. It's really hard to take you seriously when you can't engage in any conversation without having someone boxed into a narrative to make you feel like a victim. Whatever assertion you have made of me is none of my business, if it makes you feel better then I'm all for it.

Wow where do I begin with that ...I know, I'll just call it for what it is... ..It's is a load of Islington Metropolitan Liberal elitist gonad*s, and you know it too...
Don't talk to me as if I'm in the dock at a SpursMeUp court room, that I have to prove my innocence to your charges before you will engage with me with any seriousness ...If you want to engage with me, engage with me, otherwise ignore me, it's that simple.

It were awful what happened to George Floyd in Minneapolis and the police use of excessive force. But, you, me and no one here knows enough about the incident, you like to think you do but you don't.

Same with the two Cooper's in the park. Maybe you should look in on Christian Cooper's Facebook page where you can see he made a veiled threat when he stated that he would be taking control of her dog and that she would not like it. Amy Cooper is a Bernie supporter, a white liberal that has worn the purple hat on anti Trump marches that had accused Trump of misogyny and racism..Obviously a broken elitist Liberal female who when confronted by the burly, Christian Cooper in the woods, became a white supremacist. She's now lost her job over this, sacked within 24 hours..

Looking back on this thread, you will see it is more than just a few pages and it's also in the Trump thread.... Trial and conviction via a 30 second video seems to be the norm with you Leftists.. I just hope to GHod that you and others here are never called up for jury service.

I'm confused what point you are trying to make here (in amongst the foaming at the mouth). She behaved inappropriately and was rightly called out for her behaviour. The narrative in the video is THE narrative, did you even watch it?? You can bring her politics into it if you want, but racism is racism, whatever political ideology or construct she supports. She was contrite about it and accepted the backlash and the loss of her job. She was rightly condemned for it and it once again shone a light on the systems and structures of oppression in place which made her feel she could call on the NYPD a as a personal security service because a black man asked her to put her dog on a leash. She was sacked because of her actions, anyone without bias and even half a brain cell can understand that. The speed in which it happened makes a change to how it usually plays out for people who are the victims of oppression in these situations.

You know that calling out privilege and institutionalised forms of oppression doesn't instantly equate to hating white people, you know that right? I know it's upsetting to hear this when the only thing you can identify with is your political leanings and skin colour, but I hope you find the help you need at some point.

Each State has differing laws on it's police force when making an arrest and restraining.. From what I've been able to find out, their law in Minnesota allows a cop to pin someone down with a knee to any part of the body including the neck! For how long, I could not find...

Bear in mind that the State's Governor is a Democrat, the Mayor is a Democrat, the Chief of Police is a Democrat ...

In your extensive and considered research, did you find any laws and regulations around killing someone who has been detained and is not resisting arrest?

What exactly do we all need to 'bear in mind?' That this isn't Trump's fault? Is that the narrative you're pushing. I think most aren't really interested in that, they're more interested to know how this could have happened in broad daylight. Having a Republican or Democratic President/State Governer/Chief of Police would have made no difference to the outcome here.

d9f1f1-20131219-121913council02.jpg

This guy has been completely thrown under the bus by trump. Admittedly Frey doesn't look like he could manage his way through a door but surely any non-psycho president wouldn't react the way trump just did.

Boiling it down to a political leaning one way or another is a terribly simple way to look at it, as such with all due respect I don't believe it is something I need to bear in mind. Viewing everything in such a binary way must be very comforting though.

But your point about the law being that way in Minnesota is enlightening in a scary way for sure, rather than simple left or right finger pointing game it's the humanity aspect that I find incomprehensible...

Looks like things may come to a head from @awesome dawson's post above. At least Trump is the level headed figure you can expect to really cool things down (this one isn't a "really" post @Parklaner81 ;) Apologies if I was a tad precious in my response above)

@wiziwig thank you for the reply.

Does a persons ‘category’ make any difference to justice? You seem exercised by someone’s classification, almost over and above the particulars of the crime/injustice. If someone is killed or if someone is discriminating against another based on race, why does it matter if they are a ‘leftie’ or indeed the colour of their skin? You seem caught up in a ‘them’ (left/liberal & black) verses ‘us’ (white and right). It’s become a thing for you? It reads like you’ve been sucked in to alt right US monologues, and you are a bit fixated.

Do you think the US is a fair and equal society or is there more racism there? If you were black would you be okay living there? Maybe we are building up an unfair image from isolated incidents in a massive nation.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Surely the race element is just an additional part of the problem here
They killed a person doing what is a basic part of their job very very badly
The added fact that it’s a black guy makes it potentially worse but ultimately it’s man slaughter as a minimum surely ?
I know the argument will be they manhandled him differently because he is black but that’s just an add to what was over the top policing

It's phrased appallingly, but it's basically a warning to those involved in looting (and those who may be tempted to join in) that a strong law enforcement response will follow if they do not desist.

Would you prefer he gave no warning of this intention?
It is more than just the wording . A normal president would try and defuse the situation, not throw a lit match into dry tinder. The quote "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" originated by a racist white Miami police chief named Walter Headley who targeted black people in 1967 ahead of the Republican convention. I don't condone the rioting obviously, but I do think the powers that be should be attempting to calm rather than inflame the situation.

In Trump's mind, fomenting racial tensions and the ensuing chaos may be of benefit to him in depressing the black vote. This is out of the Russian active measures playbook from the 2016 election, and they are employing the same tactics again. This is Trumps only motivation - not what is good for America. He gives not one fudge about that.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/10/us/politics/russian-interference-race.html

Surely the race element is just an additional part of the problem here
They killed a person doing what is a basic part of their job very very badly
The added fact that it’s a black guy makes it potentially worse but ultimately it’s man slaughter as a minimum surely ?
I know the argument will be they manhandled him differently because he is black but that’s just an add to what was over the top policing

I'm not sure something that has occurred over multiple generations, disproportionately to black people in the United States should be swept aside as an 'add on...'

It is more than just the wording . A normal president would try and defuse the situation, not throw a lit match into dry tinder. The quote "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" originated by a racist white Miami police chief named Walter Headley who targeted black people in 1967 ahead of the Republican convention. I don't condone the rioting obviously, but I do think the powers that be should be attempting to calm rather than inflame the situation.

In Trump's mind, fomenting racial tensions and the ensuing chaos may be of benefit to him in depressing the black vote. This is out of the Russian active measures playbook from the 2016 election, and they are employing the same tactics again. This is Trumps only motivation - not what is good for America. He gives not one fudge about that.
I'd be inclined to believe that someone's already been trying to resolve this peacefully, rather than everyone having sat on their hands since it started.

I've found two sources of great amusement in all of this.
  1. People who are normally very anti gun ownership are now wishing the people had a way of stopping the govt from using force like this
  2. Troll accounts on twitter are spreading rumours that the NG can and will unleash air strikes on the city. Millennials getting all panicky and frantic about it is funny.

It's phrased appallingly, but it's basically a warning to those involved in looting (and those who may be tempted to join in) that a strong law enforcement response will follow if they do not desist.

Would you prefer he gave no warning of this intention?

The phrasing is deliberate. He knows what those words mean.

Background: How three violent days gripped a black Miami neighborhood as Nixon was nominated in 1968

He also seems to be threatening to use the US military to take control. If I'm not mistaken, the national guard is the governors prerogative and involvement of federal forces is illegal.

Last edited:

The phrasing is deliberate. He knows what those words mean.

That's interesting. As somebody who had no prior knowledge of the phrase and therefore interpreted it purely at it's face value, I actually found the specific targetting of looters (as opposed to more general protesters) quite nuanced by Trump's standards.

Not to mention appropriate.

Last edited:
From what I read, he was on a shopping spree using counterfeit money..

Does not justify his murder. The police are there to be a calm professional influence.

Arrest him sure but not murder him. The is right and wrong and not for the first time a white police officer has killed a black man.

It is not my country and i have only visited once but was due back this year. But honestly the way some Americans treat black people, makes me a pretty straight talking guy wince.

Back