• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

couple of questions:

did Levy back Jose in his first summer window?

Nope. Wanted Skriniar, cheaped out over a 10m difference, got Rodon. Our CBs were terrible throughout and Mourinho lost his job because of it two-thirds into the season.

And Mourinho was a c*nt. But there's a pattern when it comes to ol'Dan.

how much money do we have to spend this summer for you to agree that levy has backed Conte?

No set figure. But Conte needs to get his first choices. Not some useless scraps on deadline day, not Dohertys, not Rodons

Do you acknowledge that high profile targets may choose other clubs aside from us, as is their right, and that may not be the chairman’s fault?

They might. It makes it less likely the earlier you move, and the less you haggle over pennies - but if you leave it until deadline day and spend a month haggling over 50p, the risk is always pretty big that someone else will come in.

Curiously, for a man as supposedly intelligent as ol'Dan, he never seems to have learned this. Not with Diaz, not with Dybala (which collapsed because we ran out of time to talk image rights, supposedly), not with Moutinho (ran out of time while haggling for 50p), not with Rossi, Aguero or Llorente (all those supposed bids on deadline day in January 2011).

Strange for an intelligent man. So either he's dim as a 1000-year-old lightbulb, or he just lied - because no one does the same thing ten or more times after supposedly being burned every time, just because.

Given that he certainly isn't dim, the reality is, it was all made up and fake. He 'tries', and then says 'look, we tried guv, honest', hoping Spurs fans will buy it, hoping the media buys it, hoping his own managers buy it. He's been gaslighting us for 20 years, and I see no reason to think ol'Dan is one for changing.

We'll see, mate. I'm proud of that little protest, as I am proud of the ones that came in 2020 on the Super League - as I am of the Levy Out chants at the United game and the Leicester game.

And yes, agreed - I'd like to be more involved, and have reached out to folks organizing those protests to see how I can support + if I can time my next visit to the UK to participate in the next one.

You've mentioned a few times the chants at the Utd and Leicester games.
By far the loudest chant at the Utd game was "You don't know what you're doing" when Nuno subbed off Moura. This then morphed into the ENIC Out chants. Still loud, granted, but not as loud. But definitely very audible.
But at Leicester, there was a certainly sizeable chunk of fans who started chanting ENIC/Levy Out when Leicester scored their first, but by no means all. It was just that one occasion, after Leicester's first goal (I remember being braced for more when they scored their second, but there was nothing). There may have been some chanting on the concourse at half-time. I watched the game back the next day, and didn't hear any of the chanting on the TV.
So whilst there is undoubtedly some discontent from match-going fans, I don't think it's anywhere near as big as you imply (or wish :)). Who knows, it might grow over time, but the first instinct at the moment at home games seems to be to boo the players when we are losing (hence Conte's appeals to the fans for patience).

By far the loudest chant at the Utd game was "You don't know what you're doing" when Nuno subbed off Moura. This then morphed into the ENIC Out chants. Still loud, granted, but not as loud. But definitely very audible.
But at Leicester, there was a certainly sizeable chunk of fans who started chanting ENIC/Levy Out when Leicester scored their first, but by no means all. It was just that one occasion, after Leicester's first goal (I remember being braced for more when they scored their second, but there was nothing). There may have been some chanting on the concourse at half-time. I watched the game back the next day, and didn't hear any of the chanting on the TV.
So whilst there is undoubtedly some discontent from match-going fans, I don't think it's anywhere near as big as you imply (or wish :)). Who knows, it might grow over time, but the first instinct at the moment at home games seems to be to boo the players when we are losing (hence Conte's appeals to the fans for patience).

Sure. I don't doubt that majority haven't yet seen through ENIC, mate - I just say I'm proud that the Levy Out chants have started to be heard more regularly. I know it'll take a while - happy to wait. :)

And yes, I agree with you on the chants being part of others/only at certain times, but what's interesting is the media finally picking up on it. After the United game, even the Graun, who are ordinarily deaf as a lamppost, picked up on it - so much so that Squires included them in his cartoon that weekend ('we want Levy out, say we want Levy out'). Don't think I've ever seen that - the media finally seeing through ol'Dan and his bluster.

That was good to see, and as the chants get louder, it will happen more.

I think fans are starting to see it for what the spin doctor is ... there were no Levy/ENIC chants out up until Pochettinos departure. Levy got lucky with Pochettino, the fans were suddenly on board fully backing Poch to beat the odds under Levy, only to have the chief of command to let him down yet again. Its got to be soul sucking to give it your best and expect the chairman to try to change to support the setup. It was his chance to hold his nerve and back him in the coming seasons. But yet again Levy shot his load blaming everyone but himself.

They spent nothing. Club's money, reinvested into stadium - it had to be spent somewhere, they just stuck it into the ground.

They could have just taken it out as well, but then far fewer people would have been fooled by them. They'll make that money on the sale, they know that. As long as their pennies remain safe and Dan has his deep pockets and short arms, they're happy as pigs at the trough.

A grifter, your words, wouldn't have spent the clubs money, they would have done a runner with it.

A grifter, your words, wouldn't have spent the clubs money, they would have done a runner with it.

Depends on how long-term the grift is, mate. These grifters know that the longer they hold on, the more money they make - not through anything they've done, but just because the Prem exploded in value and brought Dan and his boss along for the ride.

They take money out, they then get us relegated - and they only make a small profit selling us instead of the billions they hoped to make.

This way, it costs them nothing and they can make off like bandits with 3bn or whatever it is they're asking for despite having done or invested f*ck all for 20 years.

Good grift, if you can get it. Plus they get to use us as a vehicle to buy up property in Haringey, too - which has been their main aim.

Depends on how long-term the grift is, mate. These grifters know that the longer they hold on, the more money they make - not through anything they've done, but just because the Prem exploded in value and brought Dan and his boss along for the ride.

They take money out, they then get us relegated - and they only make a small profit selling us instead of the billions they hoped to make.

This way, it costs them nothing and they can make off like bandits with 3bn or whatever it is they're asking for despite having done or invested f*ck all for 20 years.

Good grift, if you can get it.

Done fudge all, so state of the art training complex, world leading stadium and a healthy set of accounts is fudge all.
These are what make THFC worth what they are, and they didn't magically appear.

Oh so they don't own it as a sole trader:rolleyes::D
It was argued that they had spent on the stadium when "they" haven't. The club did. The club could have spent the same amount on the stadium whomever the owners were as the finance wasn't predicated on outside owner financing. I was just making this clear. [emoji6]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Having read the full transcript, I don't think theres anything particularly alarming in it. He is making the same points he has made previously - past mistakes in the transfer market, trying to manage expectations, long road ahead etc etc

Exactly. I don't get why it has turned into this huge thing about Conte calling out Levy when he clearly isn't. Maybe if you just reacted based on the excerpt put out last night, but even that (to me) was clear.
It is actually a pretty anodyne interview.

Done fudge all, so state of the art training complex, world leading stadium and a healthy set of accounts is fudge all.

We can go around in circles again, but the club's own money was used to build that - the club generated hundreds of millions each year, they had to either plough it back into the club or take it out. They put it into the stadium and training ground, and also bought up property in Haringey with club money that I suspect will stay with them when we're sold.

Levy and his boss didn' t put in a cent, it was all club generated, and would have had to go somewhere. It could have gone into their own pockets as well, but as I point out, that would have relegated us and then these miserly grifters would have had to make do with a small profit when selling us on - this way they can make billions at no cost to them.

As I said - nice grift, if you can get it.

We can go around in circles again, but the club's own money was used to build that - the club generated hundreds of millions each year, they had to either plough it back into the club or take it out. They put it into the stadium and training ground, and also bought up property in Haringey with club money that I suspect will stay with them when we're sold.

Levy and his boss didn' t put in a cent, it was all club generated, and would have had to go somewhere. It could have gone into their own pockets as well, but as I point out, that would have relegated us and then these miserly grifters would have had to make do with a small profit when selling us on - this way they can make billions at no cost to them.

As I said - nice grift, if you can get it.

Did the club generate 100s of millions of £ profit each year?

But theey were all bulilt using the club's own generated income as well as predicted income. Are we supposed to give them massive credit for using the club's money to build infrastructure that ultimately makes the club a bigger asset on their books? You speak as if they did it out of the goodness of their heart no, instead of spending on the risky proposition of flaky players and on the field progress they put it into bricks and mortar.

But these things don't actually win us games, players do. A training centre is a great addition but you need the players first. No team has won the league because of the quality of their training centre. The quality of their players Yes, training centre no.

Sure. I don't doubt that majority haven't yet seen through ENIC, mate - I just say I'm proud that the Levy Out chants have started to be heard more regularly. I know it'll take a while - happy to wait. :)

And yes, I agree with you on the chants being part of others/only at certain times, but what's interesting is the media finally picking up on it. After the United game, even the Graun, who are ordinarily deaf as a lamppost, picked up on it - so much so that Squires included them in his cartoon that weekend ('we want Levy out, say we want Levy out'). Don't think I've ever seen that - the media finally seeing through ol'Dan and his bluster.

That was good to see, and as the chants get louder, it will happen more.

What are the enic out chants going to achieve? Enic will sell if someone comes in with the money. Otherwise they are staying. All the chants do is create a negative atmosphere at games that will have a negative effect on players. Which will lead to bad results.

But theey were all bulilt using the club's own generated income as well as predicted income. Are we supposed to give them massive credit for using the club's money to build infrastructure that ultimately makes the club a bigger asset on their books? You speak as if they did it out of the goodness of their heart no, instead of spending on the risky proposition of flaky players and on the field progress they put it into bricks and mortar.

But these things don't actually win us games, players do. A training centre is a great addition but you need the players first. No team has won the league because of the quality of their training centre. The quality of their players Yes, training centre no.

The stadium will bring in around £80m more than the old each season. Paying off the debt around £20m a season. So we are now earning £60m a season more. This money can be spent on transfers and wages. It is sustainable.

I understand the argument that we could have spent the money on players instead and that might have got us more silverware. But there is no guarantee of that. Everton are a good example of a team that throws money around trying to buy success and fails. Derby are currently in adminisrration because of it.

What are the enic out chants going to achieve? Enic will sell if someone comes in with the money. Otherwise they are staying. All the chants do is create a negative atmosphere at games that will have a negative effect on players. Which will lead to bad results.

Nah. They won't sell, as evidenced by their propensity to turn down bids left right and centre because a 1500% profit on their 21m purchase price apparently isn't enough for that worthless tax exile of an owner and his henchman.

But chants will make it clear that the fans are sick of ENIC. Chants will panic Levy - lord knows, he folded very quickly in the face of public opprobrium in the past, from the furlough to Nuno. Chants will tank the club's value, making it more attractive for ENIC to sell and fudge off as opposed to hang around and get a lower price later. Chants will draw media attention to the state of ownership at the club, which the infamously private Levy and Lewis will no doubt dislike.

And yes, chants may create a negative atmosphere and potentially create bad results. But the short-term pain is preferable, imo - we can take it, if the club is healthier and there's a brighter future where we can dream again, free of the grinding, demoralizing, lying deadweights that ENIC are.

In the long term, a Spurs where we can dream again will be a beautiful thing for everyone. Whatever happens, a future where we can at least hope for better is, to me, an amazing thing for kids discovering Tottenham Hotspur and our proud history for the first time, for fans yearning for success, for fans who have spent decades following this club - for everyone, you, I, and all of us.

Hope is a beautiful thing, and is infinitely preferable to another 20 grinding years of these lying, miserly, deadweight grifters sucking the life, ambition and hope out of this football club/property investment vehicle.

I'm not asking for them to get credit, but i also don't thinks correct they should be called grifters.

Back