• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

metalgear

Nayim
we've got noone to blame for ourselves

no backups for lennon
bale as CF.
mid season transfers out without better replacements

need to look at the basics of what makes a good football team; there's so much that "wheeling and dealing" will get you.

Spot on. Not bringing in anyone to cover Lennon, playing Bale anywhere but the left haven't helped at all.

this board really does sicken me at times. here we are having just achieved another top four finish and we're breaking out the abuse towards our most successful manager in recent memory. seriously, i don't like to be blunt, but metalgear you can get fudged.

Meh. Can't really fault Harry, in the end, but can't really cheer his good work either. We've achieved our season objective, but we could (and should) have done so, so much more.

Ambivalence is the word I want. Yes, I'm ambivalent towards the job he's done. He's made mistakes, and he's had his decent moments.

If we want sustained improvement, though, we should probably look elsewhere.

If we're happy with challenging for the top four and occasionally getting there, however...then he's fine.

this board really does sicken me at times. here we are having just achieved another top four finish and we're breaking out the abuse towards our most successful manager in recent memory. seriously, i don't like to be blunt, but metalgear you can get fudged.

but considering that metalgear didnt actually abuse anyone and you did....., aren't you the asshole here?

It's simply incredible isn't it? We've just won 2-0. Apparently we are a bunch of bottlers and yet we won 3 and drew 1 out of our last 5 games (yeah real bottling form) and we have finished 4th. So since 1980 (22 years) we have finished 4th and above a whopping 6 times before today. And now all of a sudden 4th isn't good enough?

We all know what this is REALLY about though. The Redknapp out movement was going to come out in force even if we'd got 3rd. So many of them were predicting a definite 6th place finish a few weeks ago and have been made to look stupid now by us finishing 4th. They hate it. They'd rather we finished 6th so they could say I told you so. By finishing 4th not only have they been proven wrong but they have to endure at least another few games of a man they hate in charge.....who will hopefully go on to prove them wrong for a good while yet! \o/

PeterNoone.jpg

stupid thread

why can't you moaners just STFU?

If Barcelona had done their jobs properly and beaten Chelsea we would all be congratulating the team on a fantastic season.

Meh. Can't really fault Harry, in the end, but can't really cheer his good work either. We've achieved our season objective, but we could (and should) have done so, so much more.

Ambivalence is the word I want. Yes, I'm ambivalent towards the job he's done. He's made mistakes, and he's had his decent moments.

If we're happy with challenging for the top four and occasionally getting there, however...then he's fine.

so harry is a victim of his own success then?

but considering that metalgear didnt actually abuse anyone and you did....., aren't you the asshole here?

isn't you calling me an asshole abuse? i am simply mystified by some of the 'fans' on this board, it's ridiculous.. and the majority of the responses in this thread back me up, so excuse me for being frank, but in this situation i feel like it's called for.

Two times in three full seasons? That's occasionally? fudge me, I'm logging out of here for the evening. I am off to ENJOY the fact that we've just finished in the top four for only the SEVENTH time since I have been alive! I turn 37 tomorrow.

fudge it I say. Those that wage war from the shadows are far bigger assholes than those who just come out and say it.

you can't prove that anyone is waging anything unless they say it surely. is it a crime now for people to vent their dissapointment? this isnt an elitist forum is it. only one view counts? no...if metal gear is angry that we didnt sure up 3rd then he has a right to be. why on earth can't someone say what they want without taking literal abuse with nothing relevant or significant to contribute to the discussion from the abuser

and i'm extremely disappointed in you to be honest. a real low for you. just cause you dont agree with metal gear and so you practically condoning him getting cussed for his opinion

ridiculous

The big problem we have is that, even if we make the CL, then the qualifier will be in mid August and therefore Levy will be reluctant to spend until he knows what competition we'll be in. It was exactly the same two years ago.

Two times in three full seasons? That's occasionally? fudge me, I'm logging out of here for the evening. I am off to ENJOY the fact that we've just finished in the top four for only the SEVENTH time since I have been alive! I turn 37 tomorrow.

Happy birthday for tomorrow
have a great day

Back