• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

When Son comes on he looks like he belongs. Give and goes, interlinking, a real sense of purpose.

Sissoko reminds me of someone at a busy Waterloo station , looking up at the board, with no clue of what train is his and what time it goes.

Has he taken in anything from Pochs' training sessions?.

I don't have no issue with him per say its just he is not a proactive player, more a reactive player, if you ask him to run onto the end of a ball he will, if he passes and then has to move to create space or a next pass he can't, he stands in the way or helps create congestion. He has no game intelligence

When Son comes on he looks like he belongs. Give and goes, interlinking, a real sense of purpose.

Sissoko reminds me of someone at a busy Waterloo station , looking up at the board, with no clue of what train is his and what time it goes.

That bit where he was stood on the corner of the box getting in the way of every pass would have been funny if I supported any other team.

I think it's in response to the criticism about Pochettino's signings. So, the point is made by listing those that were poor additions to the team. Fazio, and Stambouli, were the two that were missed out. Overall I'm happy with Pochettino's signings. Davies, Alderweireld, Alli, and Dier are very good in particular. EDIT: and Son.

Ok, thanks. It was the reference to Wanyama that confused me!
Janssen and GKN didn't adapt too well last season but I think the jury is still out for many and there are signs of promise.
N'Jie didn't work for sure. I think he gave an interview where he said he found the training regime harder than anything he had ever faced before! Maybe he just wasn't cut out for Poch, as he seems to be doing OK at Marseilles.
Sissoko is the disappointing one (even setting aside the price tag), given that he came to us PL-experienced, and a full international for a top level country. Things seem to have gone quiet on him moving, so maybe he is still in Poch's plans. I didn't think he was too bad yesterday, at least in the first half - he started off OK in any case. But that's not particularly high praise and we should be seeing more from him by now.

That bit where he was stood on the corner of the box getting in the way of every pass would have been funny if I supported any other team.

When your teammates are shouting "get out of the fudging way" on mass, it must be demoralising ;)

I dont think I was laughing at the time .........the guy is a fraud.

It is noticeable that the Spurs players do not pass to him if there is another option or even if there isn't. I am not sure if Poch asks him to stay out really wide but whenever he plays in the 3 behind Kane we just don't have the interchanging of players positions that we have when Son or Lamela play in the 3. Yesterday when he played in front of Walker-Peters he was clearly restricting his movement forward and we looked more balanced when Sissoko played on the left although he still contributed very little.

Made me laugh that he was being booed by the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans as most of the time he had the ball he was either caught in possession or passed to one of their players!

In the first half, when Kane had the opportunity to pass to Sissoko who was unmarked in front of goal,the commentators (and people around me) were saying that Kane should have been aware that Sissoko was there and passed to him. My answer was that maybe he was all too aware that Sissoko was there but felt going it alone was the preferable, albeit less likely to succeed, option.

I must have imagined defending Son time and time again last season despite him scoring more than 20 goals.

In the first half, when Kane had the opportunity to pass to Sissoko who was unmarked in front of goal,the commentators (and people around me) were saying that Kane should have been aware that Sissoko was there and passed to him. My answer was that maybe he was all too aware that Sissoko was there but felt going it alone was the preferable, albeit less likely to succeed, option.

Kane never put his head up, he didn't have enough control of the ball with 2 defenders near him to do so

He was on the pitch which seems bad enough for most posters. 1 game in, he did a job but he will be hammered what ever he does. Ironic really we cannot show support for one of our own players when pages were written on the disloyalty shown to the club by Danny Rose.

Sorry, False cause.

It is noticeable that the Spurs players do not pass to him if there is another option or even if there isn't. I am not sure if Poch asks him to stay out really wide but whenever he plays in the 3 behind Kane we just don't have the interchanging of players positions that we have when Son or Lamela play in the 3. Yesterday when he played in front of Walker-Peters he was clearly restricting his movement forward and we looked more balanced when Sissoko played on the left although he still contributed very little.

Made me laugh that he was being booed by the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans as most of the time he had the ball he was either caught in possession or passed to one of their players!
That is wide of the mark, and classic example of just being singled out for no reason....

Didnt really do anything wrong that I saw. He beat his man a couple of times and drove forward before laying the ball off to Eriksen/Dele. He is the classic escaped goat....

He slowed us down so often and dithers far too often.
Yes he is being picked on I'm guilty as charged, but only because does nothing to enhance our play.

Wide of the mark is also a good description of his passing. Didn't think of that one!
Actually I don't think he gave the ball away much at all this match (for once).

In fact, he appeared to be so concerned with not giving the ball away that every time he caught sight of a Saudi Sportswashing Machine player, he turned 180 and gave the ball to the nearest Spurs player. Even when we were 0-0, Sissoko was playing like we were 5-0 up.

he was under a lot of pressure from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans.
i thought he was looking perturbed from the first to the last boo.

Back