• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I honestly think they would dream of a player like Sissoko now

Their team is really weak unless they have improved massively in the championship

If you go on Toon forums/Twitter you will see how much hate there is for him. It's not just that he left, he upset Geordie sensibilities by basically implying (according to them) he's gone to a 'big club' etc etc, and generally dissing the great 'Noocastle haweh canny lad' culture.

I can easily be wrong, but if he starts I think the fans will tear into him the way Stoke fans did with Rose, (who IIRC had to be substituted one game because of it).

I think we need to calm the atmosphere down on Sunday, not chuck petrol on the bonfire.
All he's going to get is some boos which is standard for an ex player, what on earth do you think is going to kick off?!

If you go on Toon forums/Twitter you will see how much hate there is for him. It's not just that he left, he upset Geordie sensibilities by basically implying (according to them) he's gone to a 'big club' etc etc, and generally dissing the great 'Noocastle haweh canny lad' culture.

I can easily be wrong, but if he starts I think the fans will tear into him the way Stoke fans did with Rose, (who IIRC had to be substituted one game because of it).

I think we need to calm the atmosphere down on Sunday, not chuck petrol on the bonfire.

Uninformed nonsense.

He'll get a brick loads of abuse and probably a similar reception to Michael Owen but you get the reasons all wrong.

You would rather have championship players still?

No, and there is no doubt we need more quality signings in the next few weeks.

But we don't want selfish people, only interested in themselves. We are a team now, with a proper structure and culture all moving in the same direction.

So no, wouldn't want Sissoko back.

If Poch does not pick Sissoko I have n problem as long as it is because Poch things he is not good enough and not because of the frenzied atmosphere
Of course Poch decides, if he picks Sissoko I think he decides wrong. We'll see who's right or wrong come Sunday, if sissoko plays.

The only who seems to think there will be a bonfire is by the looks of it is you. He is a ex player going back to a club he used to play for ( the same happens at ground around the Prem every week) nothing new and imo you are over reacting.
I don't think it's anything like a 'normal return' we'll see who's over reacting on Sunday if Sissoko plays.

Of course Poch decides, if he picks Sissoko I think he decides wrong. We'll see who's right or wrong come Sunday, if sissoko plays.

Lets clarify something first, I am not saying Sissoko has to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I am just saying if he does not, it should not be due to fear of a possible "frenzied atmosphere".

Lets clarify something first, I am not saying Sissoko has to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I am just saying if he does not, it should not be due to fear of a possible "frenzied atmosphere".
No need to clarify, I already understood that. It's me who saying he shouldn't play because of the fears of a 'frenzied atmosphere'. I await Greg's input on this.

For me, there's not a lot of difference between KWP or Sissoko at RWB, both have their plus and minuses, but for me the 'special situation' of Sunday dictates KWP should start.

Or play Dier at RB in a 4, but I don't like that option.

Hmmm, Sissoko puts in his best shift for a long time in a white shirt during a transfer window, sorry am I being too cynical?

Well i will be there so i will let you know when i come back, unless you are going as well?

No, I'm not going. I live abroad these days, but I've been to St James in my younger days. In my nearly 60 years of following Spurs, I have been to pretty much all the major grounds in England (modern day variants excluded, eg I've been to the Baseball Ground but not Pride Park, etc).

Yes, please tell me about the atmosphere if Sissoko plays. I'll be watching it, as I watch pretty much every Spurs game home and away, Lge, Cup friendly or whatever, so I'll probably have a good idea of what goes on re the Toon atmosphere, but I agree you can't beat being there for these type of matters :)

No, and there is no doubt we need more quality signings in the next few weeks.

But we don't want selfish people, only interested in themselves. We are a team now, with a proper structure and culture all moving in the same direction.

So no, wouldn't want Sissoko back.

I hope you right as your clearly a genuine fan and a good lad for coming on here

I just look at every team in the league and consider who might get in our team. I can't see one player in your whole squad who might even get near to ours although I like Lascalles

Ah Greg I'm glad you're on here. You know Toon fans way better than me. If Sissoko starts what do you think about the reception that he'll get, and how the atmosphere will be in general?

He'll get a similar reception to that of say when Jenas came back. Abuse and booed every time he touches the ball but it's nothing new.

I hope you right as your clearly a genuine fan and a good lad for coming on here

I just look at every team in the league and consider who might get in our team. I can't see one player in your whole squad who might even get near to ours although I like Lascalles

You are on another level to where we'll be this season, it will take a good 3 or 4 years of Rafa and solid investment to get to that end of the table but I look from 8th - 9th down (below the Everton, Southampton, West Ham type group) and see very little quality.

I think 12-15th will be us this season without being in danger but we are desperate for a new striker and a goalkeeper, get those and we'll be just fine. Team is well settled and well established and drilled in Rafa's system.

Lascelles is very raw, but mentally very strong and I still hope he develops into a good centre half but the likelihood is he will start the season as 3rd choice centre back and on the bench.

Really like the look of Merino so far, looks like a quality player but suspect he will start on the bench.

The biggest difference though is that we are a team, where the team is greater than the sum of its parts, for the first time in a long time. With everyone in the city pulling together I see no reason why we can't have a comfortable season consolidating and hopefully a Rafa special cup run.

You are on another level to where we'll be this season, it will take a good 3 or 4 years of Rafa and solid investment to get to that end of the table but I look from 8th - 9th down (below the Everton, Southampton, West Ham type group) and see very little quality.

I think 12-15th will be us this season without being in danger but we are desperate for a new striker and a goalkeeper, get those and we'll be just fine. Team is well settled and well established and drilled in Rafa's system.

Lascelles is very raw, but mentally very strong and I still hope he develops into a good centre half but the likelihood is he will start the season as 3rd choice centre back and on the bench.

Really like the look of Merino so far, looks like a quality player but suspect he will start on the bench.

The biggest difference though is that we are a team, where the team is greater than the sum of its parts, for the first time in a long time. With everyone in the city pulling together I see no reason why we can't have a comfortable season consolidating and hopefully a Rafa special cup run.

Sounds like us from that last paragraph

I've not seen much of Saudi Sportswashing Machine but Rafa is no mug

What's your opinion of Ritchie, Greg? Should I put him in my FF team? Would you expect him to play every game, and get assists/goals?

Back