• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea Rent Boys F.A Cup SF ***

Ref the pitch, I don't just think it was the dimensions.
Several times, it seemed that our passes were under weighted, ie the pitch was not as fast.
Not an excuse for the loss, but it put me on edge early doors.

Regarding next season, presumably we can resize the pitch to our current dimensions, as it's still within the spec?

It's still lame because as we all know it's a lottery. look at the poor sod that was sent at Hull a joke.
I moan about refs all the time but it is a total waste of time.
I don't believe it's a waste.

Unless we all (and I include the club in that) make a fuss it will never improve. Decades of making a fuss has given us goal line technology, maybe more will give us replays and a higher standard of referee (with financial checks to ensure no corruption).

Several times, it seemed that our passes were under weighted, ie the pitch was not as fast.

Regarding next season, presumably we can resize the pitch to our current dimensions, as it's still within the spec?
We can't.

The only reason we can get away with a small pitch now is the lack of space around it.

The ball definitely was running slower and yes, there were some early passes that ran short.

One of the pundits (maybe Jenas) said the grass is longer than WHL and that the pitch was soft.

We need to sort that for next year.

Case in point, one of their players was down midway through the first half (not a head injury). All around me were screaming to play on, what did we do? Kick it into touch. And to compound it all, Atkinson restarted with a drop ball which end up with Lloris 60 yards back....

Roles reversed, what would have happened? I think we all know the answer to that

It was Sideshow Bob after Dele trod on his ankle. There was nothing wrong with him and he was just trying to waste time and disrupt our momentum because we had been dominant since Kane's goal.

Not been in here since the Swansea game but some of the bollox I have read has inspired me to return and post. The bottome dollar as that yesterday we were beaten by poor decisions, a blatant cheat and damned bad luck.
Atkinson was very poor, he booked Toby after 4 minutes but time and time again failed to punish any Chelsea player for any fouls. This has a massive affect on the game and gave those Chelsea players a license to do exactly what they wanted!

I'm reading that Son was silly because he invited Moses to fail over. IT WAS A fudging DIVE!!There was no contact, he was not impeded! The only imposition was his own action - throwing himself to the ground! He could have jumped over Son and crossed but HE CHOSE TO DIVE, this makes him a cheat as the tackle did not cause him to fall. If we are going to accept that this is now part of the game then that thrws the whole game into disrepute and integrity is lost. It will become a competition to see which teams have players that can fool refs.

The only thing that gripes me about yesterday was the 3rd goal, Hazard should have been charged down but for me the game was decided by the things i have posted above. Chelsea have made an art of cheating their way to victory and noone seems to see it. Had we gone into the break at 1-1 with a yellow for Moses dive and come out to take the lead I am in no doubt that we would have won this game. Sadly we were denied the opportunity to ever take initiative because of the officiating and the cheating.

Poch got nothing wrong yesterday. They were not ever dangerous until they had their 2 goal lead - a privilege they were afforded by a very biased, incompetent ref imo

We will never win another cup at Wembley as long as we've got a red logo on shirt. The last win came from the flukiest goal which poetically bounced off Woodgate's head, and yes he had a Red mansion logo, abusing our beautiful crisp white shirt. With red seats increased with rebuild. And red boots on players, our mojo is completely corrupted. The footballing gods are angry. We've played teams off the park and still lost by 2 clear goals.

Yes we did loose to Chxxxxxx in 2014 with Blue autonomy or whatever, but the the football gods weren't fooled, as we switched back next match to red.
Football GHod's you say, ha ha, he's nuts. But you saw it yourself yesterday, the treacherous Willian prayed to them twice after scoring.

The GHod's have said after Thomson, Mansion, and AIA a change is required, or take the money and have nothing.

Agree. There's no way this could not have impacted them in some way. And there is still the funeral to deal with, so there are still emotional times ahead.

In our recent games theres been so much happiness on the players faces. Yesterday, I can't remember any smiles, even when we equalised.

And yes, the funeral too.

Word is that Davies wasn't 100% fit.
So what was he doing on the bench?

Poch is allowed to try something different, it doesn't always work out for Coaches. Learn and move on is all we should do.

I think a more interesting point asides of the speed of grass was how we should deploy.
I think on a big pitch having 3 CBs marking one striker leaves a bit more work for the other 7 outfield players. (Although Chelsea seemed to cope OK).To properly dominate game we should be spreading the players more evenly.
The games against Monaco and Leverkusen showed, athleticism is important, hence Walker was important.

Pressing is also possible but again, as Chelsea showed, you need runners, hence they did not start Fabregas.

These are things we will have to consider before we play on these sized pitches. Olympic stadium will be the next test.

Also, is Wanyamas bulk an issue on bigger pitches cf say to Kante?

So what was he doing on the bench?

Poch is allowed to try something different, it doesn't always work out for Coaches. Learn and move on is all we should do.

I think a more interesting point asides of the speed of grass was how we should deploy.
I think on a big pitch having 3 CBs marking one striker leaves a bit more work for the other 7 outfield players. (Although Chelsea seemed to cope OK).To properly dominate game we should be spreading the players more evenly.
The games against Monaco and Leverkusen showed, athleticism is important, hence Walker was important.

Pressing is also possible but again, as Chelsea showed, you need runners, hence they did not start Fabregas.

These are things we will have to consider before we play on these sized pitches. Olympic stadium will be the next test.

Also, is Wanyamas bulk an issue on bigger pitches cf say to Kante?

Re: Davies being on the bench; it would seem he could played some part if we were desperate but wasn't fit enough to start.

It's not a binary choice: 100% fit or 0% fit.

We will never win another cup at Wembley as long as we've got a red logo on shirt. The last win came from the flukiest goal which poetically bounced off Woodgate's head, and yes he had a Red mansion logo, abusing our beautiful crisp white shirt. With red seats increased with rebuild. And red boots on players, our mojo is completely corrupted. The footballing gods are angry. We've played teams off the park and still lost by 2 clear goals.

Yes we did loose to Chxxxxxx in 2014 with Blue autonomy or whatever, but the the football gods weren't fooled, as we switched back next match to red.
Football GHod's you say, ha ha, he's nuts. But you saw it yourself yesterday, the treacherous Willian prayed to them twice after scoring.

The GHod's have said after Thomson, Mansion, and AIA a change is required, or take the money and have nothing.

Start a Crowdfunder to raise funds to be the next sponsor, you'd probably only need to get about £35m a year. I'm happy to design a blue honey badger logo, if you can raise the money.

It's only a grandfather clause which permits the current White Hart Lane (along with Stamford Bridge, Selhurst Park, Anfield and Goodison Park) to have a pitch smaller than the UEFA standard of 105x68 metres.

Wembley Stadium plus every other club in the Premier League and every opponent we faced in European competition this season comply with the new rules.

So we'd better get used to this new pitch size, as we will be playing all our matches on it from now on; apart from away games at Liverpool, Everton, Palace plus Chavski until they redevelop their stadia too.

A0pP7k7CMAAqxfG.png

https://www.premierleague.com/publications

BBC talked about the pitch yesterday
It's 400 m2 bigger than white hart lane and we can change it to what size we want
Oh and shearer said Wembley had a very different surface and bounce to white hart lane

Back