• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Once the CPO was under a go, I would say yes it would be illegal, but like I said.. once the CPO had started.. it should be bare minimum payout by Haringey.

Prior to CPO it would not have been illegal, as the matter was always between club and Archway. I believe in a recent statement the club said it had been in negotiations since it took ownership from Sugar!... 14 years!

I have no idea what is meant by the players.

It was aimed at somebodys earlier remark that we just sell all the players but off-topic in regard to the CPO

The issue is that we were in catch 22 with the CPO

You go around paying xxxxx to everybody who you need to clear the land, word gets out the figures get higher. Eventually buying the land becomes so expensive you cannot do the work

You buy the land slow time as available or from those that are willing to take an offer. Once the CPO was issued then we had no choice.

What nobody could have really seen coming is the London Riots the subsequent involvement of government into the process and the CPO. At that point the issue became larger than us. Maybe if the Riots hadnt had happened then the CPO wouldnt have been issued and we could have arranged with archway a sale. Equally archway could have held us to ransom.

You can go back to Sugar 14 years ago and say why didnt we buy then or why didnt ENIC buy the day they walked in , however we were firmly a mid table team im not sure building a 60k stadium at that point would have been prudent.

It was aimed at somebodys earlier remark that we just sell all the players but off-topic in regard to the CPO

The issue is that we were in catch 22 with the CPO

You go around paying xxxxx to everybody who you need to clear the land, word gets out the figures get higher. Eventually buying the land becomes so expensive you cannot do the work

You buy the land slow time as available or from those that are willing to take an offer. Once the CPO was issued then we had no choice.

What nobody could have really seen coming is the London Riots the subsequent involvement of government into the process and the CPO. At that point the issue became larger than us. Maybe if the Riots hadnt had happened then the CPO wouldnt have been issued and we could have arranged with archway a sale. Equally archway could have held us to ransom.

You can go back to Sugar 14 years ago and say why didnt we buy then or why didnt ENIC buy the day they walked in , however we were firmly a mid table team im not sure building a 60k stadium at that point would have been prudent.

We've quietly been going around buying up the old Wingate industrial estate for about 15 years.

Remember Archway were the 73rd company on the site. The other 72 have all been bought privately in the interim.

It's a long game

Do you think I would know people that would want to buy the club or something. Its a stupid question to ask someone that doesn't frequent a billionaire lifestyle.

Do you know of any bad owners that are Tottenham fans as well as Billionaires.

We had people sniffing not too long ago. Do you know they would be crude owners. One thing is for certain, I doubt very much Levy would sell to a macaron.

Finally, did you know that Levy and Lewis would be good owners in your eyes when they bought a majority sharehold, especially when at the time a certain club director of one of the clubs owned by ENIC was slating ENIC as the antichrist.

I think you completely misunderstood my question or don't want to answer it.
I did not ask you to name a NEW owner. You and me would have NO idea what a new owner would be like.

My question was : Which CURRENT owner/s of one of the 20 clubs in the PL would you consider better than Lewis / Levy.
Any justification with FACTS will be appreciated .
COYS

Joint Statement

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Archway Sheet Metal Works Ltd and the Josif Family (Archway) are delighted to announce that a private agreement has been reached for the purchase of Archway’s property on Paxton Road by the Club.

In order to allow Archway to relocate its business appropriately, the Club will not take possession of the land until later this year.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/joint-statement-310315/

Sounds like enabling them to continue to trade, while we continue to develop.

Hope no extra monies were involved, but ... hey ho ... we're making progress.

I wonder if they will move to the piece of land we purchased for them on white hart lane.

I see another statement(http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/northumberland-development-project-update-march-31-310315/) mentions adding a basement level which will amongst over things to allow for extended player chanign area. So adding 2+2 and coming up with 5 this will clearly mean that NFL is coming as they have big squads and will need the extra space( tongue firmly in cheek).

I wonder if they will move to the piece of land we purchased for them on white hart lane.

I see another statement(http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/northumberland-development-project-update-march-31-310315/) mentions adding a basement level which will amongst over things to allow for extended player chanign area. So adding 2+2 and coming up with 5 this will clearly mean that NFL is coming as they have big squads and will need the extra space( tongue firmly in cheek).

Disappointing there are no allusions to more substantial redesigns (the 61k and from the 00s wavy bowl towards the Anderlecht design etc)

Most likely a car park or maybe storage for additional playing surfaces? :)

edit: Hah, I didn't actually read it, but turns out I was right.

Last edited:
Most likely a car park or maybe storage for additional playing surfaces? :)

edit: Hah, I didn't actually read it, but turns out I was right.
Well it does say about storage of furniture, now they do say the pitches at the top level are like a carpet. Maybe they see Carpet as furniture....

What rumour is that?

Houdini on SC:

I listened in to a phone conversation today and heard that we will be at Wembley in November. A compo deal has been agreed and Spurs people were in agreement with what Wembley laid out on the table.

I was with a customer yesterday afternoon when he took a call from a colleague at Wembley, he said to me,..... 'Hold on this is about your lot (spurs)'... and put the phone on loud speaker, i heard the caller say what i have written in my previous post along with a few other details. The other details being the amount of games/events that are allowed to be played/hosted there, i asked if it would be fine to repeat what i heard and post it, he said it would be ok.

The one that can't be true, because rules forbid playing at two different stadiums in one season

That's actually not the case: no Club shall remove to another Stadium without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.

From someone on SSC:

These were the few things we mentioned to me.

The stadium at one end (he didn't seem sure but had a think) the paxton end he believed had this amazing look on the outside, all glass. I wasn't sure if maybe it was actually the west side or even all the way around.

The weird thing he said was it had more of an egg shape from above, nothing that really made it too egg like though lol.

Kop remained of course as we know.

Capacity was 61k. I asked first about had it gone up in capacity to 61k but he said still speaking of the look on the outside which he said blew the person showing him away. So when I asked again about capacity he said 61K. So whether he was right or just picking up what I had said.

Also I asked about the sloped corners inside, again he didn't seem sure but said it seemed less emirates stadium inside.
QUOTE]

Egg shaped, eh? But not really too egg like? Hmm, does this fit that description?

Found this on stadiumdb.com looking over the proposed Anderlecht designs. The glass opening on top has a certain egg-shaped aspect to it.

nieuw_nationaal_stadion_201.jpg

And look at all that glass on one end. Here's a better view:

nieuw_nationaal_stadion_203.jpg

And the interior certainly complies with the description of being 'less emirates stadium inside'.

nieuw_nationaal_stadion_204.jpg

And the capacity of this Populous proposal is just over 61,000. It would certainly tick a lot of boxes for Spurs fans.

EDIT: Arrghh. Can't get these to appear as images in this thread. You can see them here:

http://stadiumdb.com/designs/bel/nieuw_nationaal_stadion_2

An important point. The rules do eliminate the possibility of playing big matches at one venue and others at a smaller venue, but they don't rule out an agreed mid-season switch. At a stretch one could see allowance for two mid-season switches if a club was moving to a new stadium (old stadium, temporary ground, new stadium). The key is prior agreement with the PL.

Back