• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

I'm not confident of a win here, Leicester outplayed us on Boxing Day and deserved their win at the Lane in the cup. That's without mentioning yesterday's debacle.

1-1

COYS

I can only speak for myself, I really like Masons energy but I think his passing is below average and that he would be more suited to a more forward position where his high risk taking would fit better. Furthermore I would like to se a Bentaleb/Dembele pairing once this season. No hate for Mason only love :D

We have seen it before vs Chelski. Not sure the dynamics would work as well vs Leicester. I'd have Dembele playing further forward though, however we NEED Mason vs Leicester otherwise any parking-the-bus tactics they use will feel like playing Italy with Costacurta and Baresi in their heyday...

---------------------Lloris------------------------

Walker-------Fazio------Vertonghen-----Rose

------------Bentaleb-----Mason-----------------

Lamela-----------Dembele------------Eriksen

----------------------Kane------------------------

Lamela-----------Chadli------------Eriksen

id like to try Chadli more central, in and around Kane

Not sure I agree with that at all, our CM has been wide open in a lot of games this season not just one.

I think that is down to the inexperience of our central midfielders though rather than an inherent fault with playing a double pivot.

Our manager has a preferred way of playing, most of us accepted that it might take a while to implement and that there would be ups and downs along the way. I do not see the sense in calls for the system to be abandoned every time we have a bad result.

Lamela-----------Dembele------------Eriksen

I'd go with this.

I would send out the same team! Situation is the same as the carling cup final, you had a bad day go and put it right.
My one change would be to swap walker, however we dont have another RB available

I wouldnt argue with Dembele playing instead of townsend either but i think that is a man-management issue rather than a tactical one

What's this seasons ended, sweeping changes nonsense? If this season has taught us anything it is that the league is as unpredictable as ever.

Fourth is still a possibility, and whilst that's alive our best eleven is an absolute must.

Take each game as it comes and let's see how it looks in 5 games.

3-1 COYS!

What's this seasons ended, sweeping changes nonsense? If this season has taught us anything it is that the league is as unpredictable as ever.

Fourth is still a possibility, and whilst that's alive our best eleven is an absolute must.

3-1 COYS!

Some times Huddy you surprise me!

Well put sir, still a lot to fight for.

I think that is down to the inexperience of our central midfielders though rather than an inherent fault with playing a double pivot.

Our manager has a preferred way of playing, most of us accepted that it might take a while to implement and that there would be ups and downs along the way. I do not see the sense in calls for the system to be abandoned every time we have a bad result.

Well I have been saying most of the season that we need a more defensive player in M/F so its hardly after just one bad result. But I get your point for some.

I think you will find that I have never been a fan of the double pivot for so called lesser games, especially at home.

This system really hasn't served us all that well. AVB got sacked playing it in such a turgid way and we have often been toothless and one-dimentional this season against teams who park the bus. Sherwood had much greater success with a more attacking formation against teams we should beat. Chelsea, once they realised our style, immediately came up with a game plan to nullify it. Ditto United. We were simply overrun in midfield. We need to find alternative game plans if we are to be successful.

Given our current shakiness at the back, I think a single more dedicated defensive CM would both help out defensively and allow us to get more help to Harry. I think if Lamela would be released from his right wing duties and played more centrally this may increase our attacking threat.

We need to be creative. More of the same will result in one dimensional performances like Stoke, West Brom, West Ham, Palace etc. Now is the perfect time to experiment imo.

3-1 COYS!
That's the spirit. Sir. And we might all remember that this season is a gimme for Poch. We can truly judge him IF he is given a chance to get the players he wants and NOT have to use the players he has.

So is this Yedlin fella not match fit yet. Would like to see him get a run-out this weekend. Give Walker a week off and give him a bit of competition for his place.

Lloris; Yedlin/Walker,Fazio,Vertonghen,Rose; Bentaleb,Mason;Townsend,Eriksen,Lamela;Kane

I think you will find that I have never been a fan of the double pivot for so called lesser games, especially at home.

This system really hasn't served us all that well. AVB got sacked playing it in such a turgid way and we have often been toothless and one-dimentional this season against teams who park the bus. Sherwood had much greater success with a more attacking formation against teams we should beat. Chelsea, once they realised our style, immediately came up with a game plan to nullify it. Ditto United. We were simply overrun in midfield. We need to find alternative game plans if we are to be successful.

Given our current shakiness at the back, I think a single more dedicated defensive CM would both help out defensively and allow us to get more help to Harry. I think if Lamela would be released from his right wing duties and played more centrally this may increase our attacking threat.

We need to be creative. More of the same will result in one dimensional performances like Stoke, West Brom, West Ham, Palace etc. Now is the perfect time to experiment imo.

I am not convinced that playing with a dedicated defensive midfielder is either stronger defensively or more creative than the double pivot. I think that the issue yesterday was that too many of our players had an off day rather than there being an inherent fault with playing a double pivot.

I don't think that there is much mileage in talking about AVB's team because his tactics and choice in players was very different to Poch's.

I also do not agree that now is the time to start messing around with the formation. We are far out performing most people's expectations for the season and we are still in with an outside chance of finishing fourth. Despite the frustrations of yesterday, we need to carry on with an approach that (at its best) has seen us playing some of the best football we have seen in years.

So is this Yedlin fella not match fit yet. Would like to see him get a run-out this weekend. Give Walker a week off and give him a bit of competition for his place.

Lloris; Yedlin/Walker,Fazio,Vertonghen,Rose; Bentaleb,Mason;Townsend,Eriksen,Lamela;Kane

He is barely getting picked for the U21s, so he is not about to get a game for the first team.

I am not convinced that playing with a dedicated defensive midfielder is either stronger defensively or more creative than the double pivot. I think that the issue yesterday was that too many of our players had an off day rather than there being an inherent fault with playing a double pivot.

I don't think that there is much mileage in talking about AVB's team because his tactics and choice in players was very different to Poch's.

I also do not agree that now is the time to start messing around with the formation. We are far out performing most people's expectations for the season and we are still in with an outside chance of finishing fourth. Despite the frustrations of yesterday, we need to carry on with an approach that (at its best) has seen us playing some of the best football we have seen in years.

You miss the point. As I said in the Man U thread, I fully comprehend that 4-2-3-1 is Pochs preferred way of playing. However, particularly against teams that park the bus, this has often shown itself one dimentional and relatively easy to defend against. We need to be flexible and adaptable in games if we wish to be successful in the long term. To stick religiously to a set pattern of play will see us picked off too easily.

With this season virtually a dead rubber, think now is the perfect time to experiment for next season. With a single dedicated DM. This would allow the cover for Rose and Walker to bomb forward without us being overly exposed and release an extra man to play further forward and get more men in the penalty area. It is just such a shame that we only have one decent striker. Given this lack of options, I would like to see Lamela freed from his wing and play more centrally. Really can't do any harm and might do the lad some good. Let's try it at least.

I would like to see this:

-----------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

Walker-------Dier------------------Vertonghen----------Rose

-----------------------Stambouli----------------------------------
---------Mason-------------------------Benteleb-----------------

-------Chadli----------------------------Eriksen------------------
------------------------Kane-----------------------------------------

Chadli and Eriksen are closer to Kane and both can get in and around the box more to get more involved. Mason and Benteleb have more chance to push on and Stambouli can cover the full backs and the other two.

I would like to see this:

-----------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

Walker-------Dier------------------Vertonghen----------Rose

-----------------------Stambouli----------------------------------
---------Mason-------------------------Benteleb-----------------

-------Chadli----------------------------Eriksen------------------
------------------------Kane-----------------------------------------

Chadli and Eriksen are closer to Kane and both can get in and around the box more to get more involved. Mason and Benteleb have more chance to push on and Stambouli can cover the full backs and the other two.

You are talking my language! Personally, I would prefer Lamela to Chadli. Chadli was shocking against United, and really has looked out of sorts since he went on compassionate leave. Maybe his head still isn't right. Time for a rest.

Back