• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

Unless they are too knackered, I'd play the same XI that started against Utd. It's a young team, one sh1te performance isn't the end of the world. What the hell have the likes of Stambouli done to be in contention anyway?

I like the idea of playing Lamela centrally. His assist to Kane for the first against Arse and almost assist yesterday came from a central position. And if I remember correctly, he tends to do more of his dribbling and showboating when he's on the wings. When he's central, he's much more direct and one-touch.

Lots of people wanting to drop Mason, around the time he's being tipped for an England call-up....

I dont get why a large number of people on here dont seem to rate him, or want to make him the spacegoat after we get a poor result
Because he simply ain't good enough! Not saying he is poor, but he is a jack-of-all-trades and has serious limitations in all aspects of the game. Problem is, we don't have anyone better than him, so not really sure who should replace him, unless a change in formation. Personally I'd like to see a 4-1-3-2 formation vs teams like Leicester. Benta with Eriksen, Dembele/Paulinho, Lamela/Chadli in front of him. Kane and Bobby on top, alternatively play Chadli up front instead of Bobby.

Last edited:
Because he simply ain't good enough! Not saying he is poor, but he is a jack-of-all-trades and has serious limitations in all aspects of the game. Problem is, we don't have anyone better than him, so not really sure who should replace him, unless a change in formation. Personally I'd like to see a 4-1-3-2 formation vs teams like Leicester. Benta with Eriksen, Dembele/Paulinho, Lamela/Chadli in front of him. Kane and Bobby on top, alternately play Chadli up front instead of Bobby.

Perhaps he might not be good enough YET. He has a small number of first team games under his belt and is still young (and yes, 23 is still young). Give the lad a chance to se how he develops.

Perhaps he might not be good enough YET. He has a small number of first team games under his belt and is still young (and yes, 23 is still young). Give the lad a chance to se how he develops.
And he never will be. Good Squad player, but he'll never become a Modric, Keane, Scholes, Kroos level player, and If we want to take the next step, that's about the level of quality we need there.

I think he has it in him. He showed glimpses in his first few games. Then, all of a sudden, it's like his confidence left him. I think if he calms down a bit he can show it again. But that's just me. Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there.

And he never will be. Good Squad player, but he'll never become a Modric, Keane, Scholes, Kroos level player, and If we want to take the next step, that's about the level of quality we need there.

I'm glad you are so certain. Please contact the club to let them know of all the raw young players you have decided will be world class. It will really help the club.

It's pretty easy to see that he doesn't have that "special" something. He is undoubtedly a good player, but he doesn't have that little extra. That's not something that you develop, it either is there, or it's not. You all know what I mean.

Leicester play 541. So we know exactly what type of game it will be.
It might be worth starting Eriksen in central midfield from the start. Let him run things and probe for openings. I'd like to see what Mason can do as one of the three behind Kane. He times his runs from deep so well.

Leicester play 541. So we know exactly what type of game it will be.
It might be worth starting Eriksen in central midfield from the start. Let him run things and probe for openings. I'd like to see what Mason can do as one of the three behind Kane. He times his runs from deep so well.

And thats why we shouldn't play with 2DMs against 541. Leicester have outplayed us twice this season using this tactic against our 4231. It means we effectively have 6 defensive orientated players against their one attacker, while the have 9 "defenders" against our 4 attackers.

I think we will maul them personally. They need points,parking the bus will do them no favours. Rock bottom for a reason.

4-0

Some drastic action is needed, that United performance was completely unacceptable from most players.

Lloris
Chiriches-Fazio-Vertonghen-Davies
Lamela-Stambouli-Bentaleb-Rose
Kane-Adebayor

This will never happen of course, but I would like it to. Especially Adebayor back on. Eriksen and Chadli have barely contributed in the scoring/assisting department lately.

I wouldn't mind seeing a slight mix up in tactics for this one, Leicester should have won at theirs and they kicked us out of the cup, so they seem to play us quite well, also utd just showed the world the blueprint on how to beat us. Might be worth shuffling one or two things or personnel for this.

Nothing too drastic, eriksen replacing mason in CM or Dembele and lameka coming in, maybe even soldado off Kane? Not necessarily all those changes, but just tweak one or two things.

I wouldn't mind seeing a slight mix up in tactics for this one, Leicester should have won at theirs and they kicked us out of the cup, so they seem to play us quite well, also utd just showed the world the blueprint on how to beat us. Might be worth shuffling one or two things or personnel for this.

Nothing too drastic, eriksen replacing mason in CM or Dembele and lameka coming in, maybe even soldado off Kane? Not necessarily all those changes, but just tweak one or two things.
Couldn't agee more, we need to beat Leicester convincingly and to do that we need to change tactics against them.

Whilst I'd love nothing more than for Walker to be dropped after his disastrous last few performances (Wonder if he's playing with an injury sustained at Wembley?) - we have no one who can be used to replace him. I'd rather see Chiriches at right back than Dier but both are nothing like Walker and do not provide the width he does. Maybe Leicester will provide a good confidence boost for him, either that or Schlupp will embarrass him.

Lamela for Townsend and Dembele for Chadi. Then we're good to go.

I'd just settle for 3 in midfield. Have Dembele and Lamela play just behind Kane (with Walker and Rose providing width) and Eriksen just in front of Mason and Bentaleb. Might be "too narrow" on paper, but I feel these are our best players and we need to have them on the pitch at the same time.

now that we have free weeks in between games for the first real length of time this season i don't think the best use of that time on the training pitch would be to develop another approach - makes more sense to perfect the tactics currently in use.

now that we have free weeks in between games for the first real length of time this season i don't think the best use of that time on the training pitch would be to develop another approach - makes more sense to perfect the tactics currently in use.

Agreed. And to work hard defensively.

Lamela for Townsend and Dembele for Chadi. Then we're good to go.

I thought Dembele looked a good option for the United game. They were likely to have a lot of possession. Demebele's defensive impact, athleticism and strength would be a good fit. His problems on the ball would be less noticeable. Leicester pose a completely different challenge, what we need (imo) are players capable of moving the ball quickly with purpose and moving well off the ball.

Lamela for Townsend for those reasons. Fazio for Dier as I think Dier's confidence might have dropped and he's a young player still developing, no need to play him through a rough patch.

Agreed. First time in months where we'll have a chance to actually properly develop our play on the training ground over the full week between each game. More towards the extreme of what Poch wants to do, not less.

Back