• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

One of the wide forwards could be a more creative type, like Lallana for Southampton. From Chadli you'd primarily expect goals, but Lamela can provide more assists (setting up Kane and Chadli or others in goalscoring positions).

I'd say the main attributes we are lacking in our front 4 is pace and directness.

Obviously I don't think that his performances have been as bad as some think.

But more to the point, Poch has dropped every single player that has been under performing over time. He hasn't dropped Lamela. He has been patient with some players, rightly so imo, but he hasn't shown signs of sacrificing the team for a player. He seems to genuinely rate Lamela's ability and potential.

Decent? We have plenty decent players for that position. If we want to bring in real competition for Lamela (I don't think Townsend is it, although I realize others will disagree) I think we have to do better than decent. Shaqiri perhaps. I see Mirallas mentioned elsewhere.

Really? he was remarkably stubborn with Kaboul/Capoue/Ade and still has Paulinho as a regular sub.

I think Poch sees a lot from Lamela on the training ground, but it doesn't happen in game and he will have to make up his mind at some point.

Really? he was remarkably stubborn with Kaboul/Capoue/Ade and still has Paulinho as a regular sub.

I think Poch sees a lot from Lamela on the training ground, but it doesn't happen in game and he will have to make up his mind at some point.

Not getting into this discussion here. I really didn't think my comment was particularly controversial. My point was about Lamela, if you really think he's comparable to that bunch it's not a discussion for this thread or sub-forum.

Stubborn or gave the senior players a chance and then replaced them when they did not take it? How many times have we seen a new manager run into trouble because they changed too much too soon and lost the dressing room?

Stubborn or gave the senior players a chance and then replaced them when they did not take it? How many times have we seen a new manager run into trouble because they changed too much too soon and lost the dressing room?

Bingo.

To be fair, I can imagine many senior players finding it hard to play a high pressing game if they've not done it for most of their professional life.

storts on coys: Seems like there is a lot of truths in rumours recently of Leicester being a buyer of our reserves. We always seem to have a club that buys a few of our players and I was told their interest in Naughton/Lennon is very real. Lennon is interesting a number of clubs too, not sure if both will go as we have to watch our homegrown quota but certainly interest there which would change our transfer policy and allow an incoming or two. Sorry nothing groundbreaking yet but thought I'd pass on.

jasper on SO on Rabiot: I mentioned somewhere a while back it would be a loan with further option to loan again or buy. Talks are he wants out of PSG double quick

We are missing an Eden Hazard in the front 4. Not many of those flying about that we could get. Hope Paul Mitchell and his team along with our scouts have some plans.

We are missing an Eden Hazard in the front 4. Not many of those flying about that we could get. Hope Paul Mitchell and his team along with our scouts have some plans.

Very few clubs have an Eden Hazard in the front 4 let's be fair.

The Goat is hearing, from a couple of sources, that we retain our interest in MS but as it stands, he is more than happy to see out the season at SCBC in order to help them in their quest for CL.

And of course this cryptic from the same goat: A player from Tomsk? A shop selling fine foods?

Cryptic solution: Something about Delle Alli being on Mitchell's list and we're considering a bid.

prof/galahad on rabiot: A synopsis of snippets from two of Galahad's sources, concerning Adrien Rabiot
PSG are looking to send him on loan mainly because of concerns about his attitude, which include significant friction with Laurent Blanc.

QSI are unsure whether Blanc will be the manager next season. The idea of a loan is a compromise for PSG, which they hope will give them the best of both worlds, if he performs well on loan. If Blanc stays then Rabiot's sale price will have risen; if Blanc goes then Rabiot can return to the PSG fold.

PSG are weighing up two or three PL clubs as possible destinations, and THFC are at the top of the list. That doesn't mean we'll get him as there a number of teams who could 'gazump' us. Ce que sera, sera.

As ever, thanks to Galahad's sources for choosing to share with us what they hear.

update: prof when asked if this means departures in midfield as well: this information does hint at a departure, but Galahad didn't provide any information on that side of the equation.

hertyid: Naugton is wanted by a few. Lennon won't leave unless forced as far as I know.

hertyid with a little bit on lennon: I don't know what's gone on behind closed doors between Lennon and Poch, and I know there was some speculation he was a dissenter with Ade and Kaboul. I know he's not injured so he's definitely being left out deliberately.

Poch is determined to have committed, hard-working and serious players in training and on the pitch. He has no time for slacking. I would say that it's about choices for many of the squad right now; do they choose to be a part of this or do they choose to remain being who they are? It appears he has over half the squad well onside. My bet is that he would listen to offers for the other half, and I would say that his recent selections show everything. The Lennon stuff was true, they had patched it up however. One thing is for sure, if Poch suspects someone isn't taking things as seriously as they should, then it's onto the next player! Whatever about Townshend (and I think he is highly frustrating) he works very very hard. I wonder if NYD has seen him nail down a spot? Given the fact we have lost Bentaleb to the ACN for the month, Rabiot as a short-term loan would make a lot of sense, especially if it suits all parties as it appears to. The player will appreciate having Lloris behind him.

Poch is determined to have committed, hard-working and serious players in training and on the pitch. He has no time for slacking. I would say that it's about choices for many of the squad right now; do they choose to be a part of this or do they choose to remain being who they are? It appears he has over half the squad well onside. My bet is that he would listen to offers for the other half, and I would say that his recent selections show everything. The Lennon stuff was true, they had patched it up however. One thing is for sure, if Poch suspects someone isn't taking things as seriously as they should, then it's onto the next player! Whatever about Townshend (and I think he is highly frustrating) he works very very hard. I wonder if NYD has seen him nail down a spot? Given the fact we have lost Bentaleb to the ACN for the month, Rabiot as a short-term loan would make a lot of sense, especially if it suits all parties as it appears to. The player will appreciate having Lloris behind him.

It's Townsend's drive and commitment to self-improvement that for me (and I think Poch) gives him the edge over Lennon, and will be the reason he is the one of the two that is retained.

Lennon works hard on the pitch, but he never seems to have had that ingrained hunger to better himself.

It's Townsend's drive and commitment to self-improvement that for me (and I think Poch) gives him the edge over Lennon, and will be the reason he is the one of the two that is retained.

Lennon works hard on the pitch, but he never seems to have had that ingrained hunger to better himself.

On the money. Sadly. I love Azza but he just does not seem to be that smart! Poch has given him several chances.

Lennon is a smoker, not surprised he cannot put in the miles.. Doesn't Ade use those bong things., name of them escapes me... Another smoker possibly.

On the money. Sadly. I love Azza but he just does not seem to be that smart! Poch has given him several chances.

Same here Steff, Lennon was so good when he first signed he looked hungry and willing to learn. I think getting called up to world cup in 2010 has stopped him improving.

Its like he reached a certain level then just stopped. He's always a 7/10 player, I would keep him in the squad but if a decent offer came in (following my head not my heart) I would sell him.

Back