• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

I'd like to see poch baldini and levy get their act together and trim down the current squad and retain clearly who we need to fit whatever system. Just very clear roles and very clear accountability.

I think Levy has to be prepared to accept a loss on some players, he seemed reluctant in this regard in the past with Gomes and Bentley. Selling some players and trying to buy better quality fewer players is the way to go. Also now it shows that academy products though maybe not great are good enough as a stop gap.

6h819x.png

Well I guess that ship has sailed.

Dubbed 'the new Marco Reus' by some corners of the media, Patrick Herrmann is a slightly different prospect to the Borussia Dortmund star but one with bags of potential for the future.

And one club reportedly looking to land the youngster is Tottenham Hotspur, with reports suggesting thatthe Lilywhites could be set to bid for the Bundesliga star. But what do we know about this German talent? Here are five facts to digest.

Gladbach recruited Herrmann when he was just 13 from FC Saarbrucken, where he had previously spent five years, in the summer of 2008.

A winger by trade, Herrmann has represented Germany at seven different levels of youth football from under-16 to under-21 and earned his first senior call-up from Joachim Loew in March 2013 for a World Cup qualifier with Kazakhstan, although he has yet to feature for Die Mannschaft.

Speaking to Bundesliga.com about his international hopes, Herrmann said: "I’m not sure hoping is the right word. Things worked out really well against Hoffenheim but I’ll just have to wait and see. If it were to happen [ a call up] then it’d be a great experience for me."

Herrmann enjoyed a first-team debut to remember with Gladbach after coming on as a substitute in a January 2010 Bundesliga clash with Bochum.

Die Fohlen were trailing 2-0 to the Borussia Park visitors at the time but Herrmann wasted no time in making an impact after setting up fellow substitute and debutant Fabian Backer for a goal after being on the pitch for just a minute. Gladbach went on to lose the game but a star was born.

He went on to play ten times for the club in the Bundesliga that season, earning a long-term contract in the process.

The 23-year-old has been an instrumental part of Gladbach’s fantastic start to the season, which has seen the club emerge as surprise title contenders to Bayern Munich.

A 3-1 victory at home to Hoffenheim saw Lucien Favre’s team extend their unbeaten start to the season to 17 games – a tally that matched the club’s all-time record, which was achieved way back in the glory days of the 1970/71 season.

Herrmann was the star against Hoffenheim, scoring twice and setting up Andre Hahn for another.

The club went on to break the record with a 2-0 win away against Apollon Limassol in the Europa League, though the run was subsequently ended by a 1-0 loss away to Borussia Dortmund.

Herrmann set a new record in the 2013/14 Bundesliga season after being substituted in 29 of his 34 league appearances for Borussia Monchengladbach. That tally smashed the previous record of 25 times, which was set over 50 years ago in Germany’s top flight.

Speaking to Fussball.de after he broke the record for the first time, Herrmann said: "I do not think that I was 26 times bad. Nevertheless, I hope that I'm playing again soon 90 minutes."

In 13 Bundesliga games so far this season, the 23-year-old has been hauled off six times.

In 138 Bundesliga outings for Gladbach, Herrmann has scored 25 goals from the wing and attracted plenty in the way of Premier League attention in the process.

Former Manchester United manager David Moyes was reportedly considering bringing the German to Old Trafford while Arsenal have also been linked with a move for the attacker.

Speaking on the comparisons with Reus, last year, Herrmann told Bundesliga.com: I've got used to it, although it's not really a comparison of like and like. Marco's a world-class player, the best in Germany at the moment.

"He proves that week-in, week-out. It's difficult to measure me against him. I'm nowhere near his level yet. I just try to give my best in every game, but I can't be compared to Marco right now."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/11/five-facts-on-tottenham-linked-patrick-herrmann/

Herrmann is class, I mentioned him a few years ago. He plays in Lamelas position

Would be a great signing. A potential three of Eriksen, Lamela and Hermann would be outstanding.
it would be good, but I think Kane has to be one of the 3 behind the striker. His goal threat is too hard to leave out imo

it would be good, but I think Kane has to be one of the 3 behind the striker. His goal threat is too hard to leave out imo

Wonder if kane and Lamela could interchange? Gives us an interesting duo, I actually think Lamela could work upfront, not as an out and out striker, but in a way Messi or Totti have been used in the past.

We need attacking players that can put in some defensive effort.
Like: Milner/Son/Turan to name a few. Not soft push overs like Some of our own, no names mentioned.
A proper defender who love defending: like Ivanovic/skertl,
Suggest W Reid/Lescott.

Centre mid who can dictate play, Schneiderlin/Cabaye/ and Hoibjerg (Bayern, watch this kid)

Forward: Benteke.

This would work I believe, of course not possible both money wise nor strength of attraction...

We need to get shot of a few players before we start talking about who we can buy. I'm talking in the long run too, a strategy if you will.

Naughton will be off as we have interested buyers and a replacement incoming. Whilst I'm not enthused about losing a decent squad player, he's still gonna be surplus and we need the space.
Paulinho, Holtby, Lennon, Chiriches, Ade, Soldado, Dembele, Townsend (not sure I'd agree again) and BAE are all likely to be on the list of players we can get rid of. We will also have to take a loss on those players unless someone somewhere is feeling generous.

Moreno I'd like to see and if we signed him, I'd imagine we would see Chiriches gone then and Kaboul gone in the summer. The problem is that Vertonghen will be gone also, so we either go into the next season with Fazio, Dier and Moreno with Capoue/Stambouli/Davies/Walker as emergency CB cover, sign another experienced EPL CB or bump Veljkovic up the pecking order (way too soon imo).

To me, it reads like Schneiderlin wants out of Southampton irrespective of how well they do. I think he would only stay there if they made the top four (which could very well happen at this rate). Even then I still think he will push for a move if a top club came in for him. I really do think that their board upset him in a big way in the summer and he still carries a grudge. I also think that it won't be us that prises him away from them. I still reckon Stambouli will establish himself in there, but we will need one other to join him...

On that subject the Kramer rumours were rife a couple of weeks ago and he seems like an excellent player. Once again though, it's another youngish non home grown player with zero EPL experience.

Tielemans really looks the part doesn't he. If you watch the actual game clips on youtube, not the glory highlights, you kind of get a sense of what kind of player he is. Sits deep and dictates play but is really not afraid to dribble with the ball and look for the forward pass. Tenacious when defending and his pressing is textbook for Pochettino, real intensity. Not bad for a 17 year old.....! :eek:

Another one in similar mould, much more attack minded but still a center midfielder, is Kovacic over at Inter Milan. Excellent with the ball at his feet and has great vision. Probably Modric' heir for Croatia and Inter are really struggling in Serie A (unfortunately just like us...), so a transfer move elsewhere is a probability.

Both these guys (although very unrealistic) fit our bill. Young, raw and...sigh...with excellent sell-on value. But they'd be moulded by Poch and maybe that's what we need. Young guys who'd walk through hot coals(literally) for our guy?

Back