• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

You must be joking...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Nope. Holtby is a good passer, sets up the play well and has shown good movement and an understanding of the play. He's too eager to get involved sometimes but I think, at present, that he's just too eager to impress. I think he would be a good exponent of the pressing game die to his tireless running.

Last season he set up three goals in one game, I believe. And he has the ability to score more goals than Bentaleb.

I guess that most people will consider my opinion wrong but I can't see why Holtby is as poor as many are making out.

Nope. Holtby is a good passer, sets up the play well and has shown good movement and an understanding of the play. He's too eager to get involved sometimes but I think, at present, that he's just too eager to impress. I think he would be a good exponent of the pressing game die to his tireless running.

Last season he set up three goals in one game, I believe. And he has the ability to score more goals than Bentaleb.

I guess that most people will consider my opinion wrong but I can't see why Holtby is as poor as many are making out.

I'm not sure anyone is saying he's poor, just that we have better players in his positions...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

wow we profited again.

Got to take in things like agents and what not, it's never as simple as we sold him for 2m and sold him for 4 so we've come away with 2 million! It's nice to believe things are like that but unfortunately it's not the case always.

Shame if he goes, but as said he's never really cemented down a place in the team, I'm still not sure what position he's best in although I'm sure he is a talented footballer who'll succeed somewhere, if not with us. Always seemed enthusiastic (sometimes a bit too much) and a good guy so all the best to him if he goes.

Better suited to German football. This wasn't the right league for him. Good lad though, infectious personality. Best of luck to him.

Livermore £6m-£8m
Cleverley £8m
Holtby £4.75m?

I know who I'd rather have.

Proven in the Premier League, home grown, English. All adds significantly to a transfer fee (when being sold to England). And when being sold to England the fee is upped because English clubs have more money. I'm quite confident no Bundesliga club would have paid £8m for Livermore.

Lower profile, but not altogether dissimilar to the Kagawa situation.

Sad to see him go, would've loved for him to prove people wrong, seemed like a really good guy. Tripling our investment is decent enough though, and at least he's not staying in England.

I also see Hamburg got hammered at home by Paderborn today, they look like they need all the help they can get.

I agree it's similar to the Kagawa situation in every way but the economical.

Sad to see him go, would've loved for him to prove people wrong, seemed like a really good guy. Tripling our investment is decent enough though, and at least he's not staying in England.

I also see Hamburg got hammered at home by Paderborn today, they look like they need all the help they can get.

I agree it's similar to the Kagawa situation in every way but the economical.

Hamburg are in deep **** from a sporting perspective and have been for a few years. Narrowly escaped relegation last season. Frank Arnesen is their current sporting director I think.

Holtby could start for 13 or 14 clubs in this league, I can't believe none of them wouldn't be wanting to take him for more than we're seemingly letting him go for. I don't see how anyone would want Cleverley over Holtby.

thought he'd be valued higher than that :rio:

He didn't exactly set trees on fire in his one and a half years, though, did he?

Zero impact when he came in. Not much better even after a full pre-season; AVB didn't play him; Sherwood may have been an idiot but he would not have shipped him off to Fulham if he was impressing in training. Even at Fulham he wasn't that much of a regular and was dropped for many games by Magath.

The lack of interest from the Premiership - even from the promoted sides - says it all. Pity someone like Villa did not bite as it would have added a couple extra mill to the price.

He didn't exactly set trees on fire in his one and a half years, though, did he?

Zero impact when he came in. Not much better even after a full pre-season; AVB didn't play him; Sherwood may have been an idiot but he would not have shipped him off to Fulham if he was impressing in training. Even at Fulham he wasn't that much of a regular and was dropped for many games by Magath.

The lack of interest from the Premiership - even from the promoted sides - says it all. Pity someone like Villa did not bite as it would have added a couple extra mill to the price.

He was Fulham's best player(not that it says much), just he and Magath have history.

Back