• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Never has he played 42 times surely?? He joined January but was on loan to Fulham for the last 2/3 months!?

Wiki says 41 in all comps. 17 in 12/13, 22 in 13/14 and two this season. Quite a few of them will have been as a sub though.

He's still young and capable of improving. Like all our players the last year or so was football limbo, no proper coaching, no stability. He's young and talented, he might not fit Poch's system but he might others. Especially the type of high energy quick long passing football Germany won the World Cup with.

SSN claim the club has confirmed that Holtby is in Hamburg having a medical right now.

Can't say this one makes me happy. But we obviously need to trim the midfield. Just not sure he's the one I'd have let go.

I like Holtby, so I'm glad it's only a loan.

I don't mind him giving Paulinho another shot, then decide between the two (we only need one of them to back-up Eriksen).

Crucially this frees up the crucial 17th O/S spot for Stambouli.

I don't mind him giving Paulinho another shot, then decide between the two (we only need one of them to back-up Eriksen).

I think both player's futures will be away from THFC within the next 2 transfer windows.

Holtby has energy/desire, things opposition players don't really like.

Glad its a loan, just hope we have another option coming in that is not just a Capoue clone

Why are we loaning him? Obvious Poch doesn't fancy him so what's the point? Decent, cheap but not top quality player out on loan and we replace him with another, in a year's time we have two of them. Great. Player trading exchange FC.

Why are we loaning him? Obvious Poch doesn't fancy him so what's the point? Decent, cheap but not top quality player out on loan and we replace him with another, in a year's time we have two of them. Great. Player trading exchange FC.
Presumably loaning with a view to sell. Doesn't make sense any other way. We probably haven't been able to find an outright buyer this window.

Lewis Holtby has joined Bundesliga side Hamburg on a one-year loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

We've sold the player who won MOTM 2 or 3 times in pre-season. The best player in America last month by a mile. Sold. Yep, makes sense.

Back