• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Holtby seems to be making the runs that makes Poch's system possible. If he goes we need another. No point going for shneiderlin when our players don't now how to make runs to trigger those passes from deep.

I can see it. Absolutely.

If Poch has to trim the first team squad down, then he has to do it by getting rid of players that have some value, that others want but that won't ever be starting 11 calibre for him. Holtby fits that bill. he played well pre-season, no doubt about it, but he is still not a first 11 player. And if we could get 4-5 million for him, then it's a no-brainer for me.

I'm interested to see if Dembele has a role under Poch; for me, unless Poch intends to play him as part of an attacking three in a 4-2-3-1, then I'd have a hard time seeing him in the side. 4-3-3? Nope. He's another one I'd sell for good money while we can get it. And yes, providing the player wants to play for us, I can see Paulinho having a much greater role in the squad this season.

I'm sure he'd love to move Daws on, but Michael won't leave so it's going to prove difficult. My guess is that if he gets Musacchio in, then he will offload Kaboul if he can't offload Daws as he will get money for Kaboul. Chiriches is a tough one, as I believe his is a Poch type of CB but again, if the money is on the table then I suspect he might be the one to go.

I am convinced we will bring in Schneiderlein.

You would sell him for £4-5 million?!

Less than both Livermore & Caulker were sold for?!

I hope we keep Lewis. A long season, we need players like him. ATM, I don't think we need to sell anyone regarding Prem/UEFA rules, but IF someone else is coming in as a mid player, then the obvious sale to me comes from Dembele Sandro Paulinho. Two have injury problems, the other has Prem problems.

It could be a disturbing outbreak of man-love but I really hope we keep Holtby. Ok ok I get the "Michael Brown/ headless chicken" criticism, but here is a guy who loves the club....which is something that matters to the fans. AND I think he might improve. I hope we keep him, and he proves his doubters wrong.

You would sell him for £4-5 million?!

Less than both Livermore & Caulker were sold for?!

Weeeeeell OK, maybe that is a little cheap, but at this point, rather than sit on a player the manager might not want, get the money in and apply it to a player he does want?
We sit on too many IMO…

I hope we keep Lewis. A long season, we need players like him. ATM, I don't think we need to sell anyone regarding Prem/UEFA rules, but IF someone else is coming in as a mid player, then the obvious sale to me comes from Dembele Sandro Paulinho. Two have injury problems, the other has Prem problems.

Hard to disagree, I'd sell Dembele while we can get money for him for sure, and sadly I feel Sandro is en route to Italy anyway. I am in a gross minority when I say i hope we keep, and persevere with, Paulinho, but I still believe there's a player in there...

Hard to disagree, I'd sell Dembele while we can get money for him for sure, and sadly I feel Sandro is en route to Italy anyway. I am in a gross minority when I say i hope we keep, and persevere with, Paulinho, but I still believe there's a player in there...

I agree with the Paulinho comment but I'm struggling to work out how he fits in to our system. I half think that he's one of those players who is good but has no real position within a formation and therein lays one of his biggest weaknesses.

As for Holtby, I want him to be in the first team. I think he's better than Bentaleb, even if there isn't a lot in it.

I agree with the Paulinho comment but I'm struggling to work out how he fits in to our system. I half think that he's one of those players who is good but has no real position within a formation and therein lays one of his biggest weaknesses.

As for Holtby, I want him to be in the first team. I think he's better than Bentaleb, even if there isn't a lot in it.

Both Bentaleb and Paulinho, for me, offer the tantalizing prospect of midfielders who can attack at pace and perhaps develop into 12+ goal a season midfielders. Critically, I think both have a greater sense of discipline in the pinch. Holtby's had a great pre-season and had a decent impact on the game Saturday, but it is becoming a numbers game where choices must be made. For me, Bentaleb's a keeper and I stubbornly believe there's a player in Paulinho. Of course, who knows where we could get the money? If it's there, then I suspect it will be taken. But my choice to ship out would be Holtby of those named...

4-5m for Holtby :ross

Minimum is 8m and even that is too low.....ffs just sell Invisibilinho already.

I think any offer will be influenced by what we signed him for even though we only got him that cheaply because of his contract situation. Particularly because he hasn't impressed all that much for us or Fulham, and paying 4-5 times as much as he was signed for 1.5 years ago when he hasn't impressed all that much since won't sit right with many potential buyers.

Obviously from that one conclusion would be to keep him because he's undervalued. That makes a lot of sense as long as we think he will get a decent amount of game time for us. If we think he will primarily get early stage EL games and some sub appearances in the league and thus will never have the chance to prove that he's worth more than £4-5m the better option might be to sell him now for that amount.

I think any offer will be influenced by what we signed him for even though we only got him that cheaply because of his contract situation. Particularly because he hasn't impressed all that much for us or Fulham, and paying 4-5 times as much as he was signed for 1.5 years ago when he hasn't impressed all that much since won't sit right with many potential buyers.

Obviously from that one conclusion would be to keep him because he's undervalued. That makes a lot of sense as long as we think he will get a decent amount of game time for us. If we think he will primarily get early stage EL games and some sub appearances in the league and thus will never have the chance to prove that he's worth more than £4-5m the better option might be to sell him now for that amount.

I know what you're saying but I think buying clubs will be happy to pay between 8 and 10 mil for him because of his age, and even though hasn't set the world alight in this league will definitely be viewed as a player with a lot of ability and if he is available for sale I really don't think we will be struggling to get bids in the region of £8-10 million.....

I know what you're saying but I think buying clubs will be happy to pay between 8 and 10 mil for him because of his age, and even though hasn't set the world alight in this league will definitely be viewed as a player with a lot of ability and if he is available for sale I really don't think we will be struggling to get bids in the region of £8-10 million.....

Could very well be! I'm essentially just speculating and I've been way more wrong than this in the past if it turns out we get 10 or even 15 million for him ;)

Could very well be! I'm essentially just speculating and I've been way more wrong than this in the past if it turns out we get 10 or even 15 million for him ;)

Lol I could just as easily be wrong myself, but remember whatever sensible valuation you come to you have to factor in the Levy tax....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I realise you are talking about playing ability, but if the main difference between the players is £20k a week, then that might be a factor in whether Holtby stays, though it might also be a factor in whether other clubs can afford him.

Would be a good move for Holtby.

Haven't felt like he's ever had an extended run in the side, so never been fully able to show us what he's got. Unfortunately for him we've had a glutton of CMs in our squad ever since he joined us. Has always given his all when asked too.

Back