• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Anyone can apply for planning permission on anyones land. You dont have to own it. Whether you can legally built what you have permission for is another matter...

By the way, im a Local Authority Development Control Officer.

Thanks for that answer.

So in theory I could put in an application to build a new stadium at the WHL site. Surely there must be some procedure to eliminate such a frivolous application?

Thanks for that answer.

So in theory I could put in an application to build a new stadium at the WHL site. Surely there must be some procedure to eliminate such a frivolous application?

I assume there's a decent fee that has to be paid when you make such an application.

I can't help wishing that newts or Japanese knotweed had been found at the site of the Emirates construction.

I assume there's a decent fee that has to be paid when you make such an application.

Correct, for a an application to be considered it has to meet the national and local validation requirements. A correct fee is just one of the requirements. The requirements are quite onerous to be honest so to put in a frivolous application takes a bit of work.

Loads of Eton boys used to put in these frivolous applications all the time as money was no real object. You had schemes for houses in the grounds of Buckingham palace and all sorts.....

A share right issue?

[h=3]What does a rights issue mean to small investors?[/h]If a company needs to raise extra capital it might offer existing shareholders the opportunity to buy additional shares within a set time and at a discounted price. This is known as a rights issue.

The money will be needed either because a company needs rescuing or to fund a project, such as a takeover, to expand the business.

They are selling the shares to one company that holds its registration in the Bahama's called Macon.Inc

from reading this forum and elsewhere its deemed that this will pay of the debt that is owed.

If Macon is under the control of Lewis is this not similar to financial doping our club, how to get rid of the debts without actually paying anything like Abramovich and the Sheiks have done.

[h=3]What does a rights issue mean to small investors?[/h]If a company needs to raise extra capital it might offer existing shareholders the opportunity to buy additional shares within a set time and at a discounted price. This is known as a rights issue.

The money will be needed either because a company needs rescuing or to fund a project, such as a takeover, to expand the business.

They are selling the shares to one company that holds its registration in the Bahama's called Macon.Inc

from reading this forum and elsewhere its deemed that this will pay of the debt that is owed.

If Macon is under the control of Lewis is this not similar to financial doping our club, how to get rid of the debts without actually paying anything like Abramovich and the Sheiks have done.

In a sense, yes it is.

But it doesn't contravene FFP rules because the debt was only accrued as a consequence of buying up property for the stadium project.

And capital projects, such as stadiums and training grounds, are exempt from FFP.

Posted by JimB on SkyscraperCity

I saw this post on spurscommunity. Bucket of salt as per usual:

Quote:
billy white is back on coys, those with better memory than me can probably point out what he got right in the past (sponsors or kit maker or something?), anyway he said:
Good things come to those who wait. Big, big things could be around the corner.
Levy is working to pull off something spectacular and it's really starting to look like it might happen. Stay tuned.

In a sense, yes it is.

But it doesn't contravene FFP rules because the debt was only accrued as a consequence of buying up property for the stadium project.

And capital projects, such as stadiums and training grounds, are exempt from FFP.

Brilliant thanks.

Posted by JimB on SkyscraperCity

I saw this post on spurscommunity. Bucket of salt as per usual:

Quote:
billy white is back on coys, those with better memory than me can probably point out what he got right in the past (sponsors or kit maker or something?), anyway he said:
Good things come to those who wait. Big, big things could be around the corner.
Levy is working to pull off something spectacular and it's really starting to look like it might happen. Stay tuned.

Playing a whole season in New York whilst stadium is built!?
Having the home of an NFL franchise?

The Buffalo Bills of the NFL will be going up for auction soon, as their 95-year-old owner Ralph Wilson passed away recently. They wear Britain's colours.

Would be a great switch in the eyes of many, although the struggling Jacksonville Jaguars are owned by Fulham's owner, Shahid Khan and many have thought they'd be a more natural fit.

I heard an interview with ... I think, the owner of the 49ers. He was talking abut NFL expansion plans and how they would play three competitive games in London next year. He was talking about how they felt support would grow in London and that they hoped they could continue to add games. It was very much a gradual approach.

To me, this approach argues against any immediate NFL franchise in London, certainly on a time-frame that would affect our stadium. We would have to build a dual use stadium to entice the NFL rather than them helping us provide a home for a franchise.

I think the stadium will be dual use with or without the NFL

Being able to swap the pitch to have concerts would be a huge money making alternative. I think I read that AEG wanted to sell the dome.

Being able to swap the pitch to have concerts would be a huge money making alternative. I think I read that AEG wanted to sell the dome.

Concert venues, much more the football matches, seem to require car parking.

Can you imagine tweeny kids and their parents going to watch One Direction at New WHL, then doing the 3 mile walk to Seven Sisters for the tube?

Can you imagine tweeny kids and their parents going to watch One Direction at New WHL, then doing the 3 mile walk to Seven Sisters for the tube?

Character building that walk, at least they wouldn't have to do it after watching One Direction getting sung off the park by Miley Cyrus....

That will add substantially to the cost so would need a partner. AEG could be a possibility instead of the NFL but is there really enough business for large concerts in Tottenham?

It would be great if Levy could swing something, but I want to see spades in the ground. We've missed a chance to get CL football while Liverpool were down and it's impossible for United not to bounce back, given there resources even after the Glazers predations.

You obviously don't know one direction fans. They would do that bare footed, on glass whilst on fire.

Take with a pinch of salt, but I've heard we'd better all renew our memberships and ST's because something amazing is going to happen.

Back