• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Wow

Given the names being thrown up here then we are better sticking with AVB. None of the caretakers are going to get us CL or a trophy and some of the 'proper' names are a nightmare.

Liverpool are a season plus ahead of us in having a settled side. **** performance today, beyond belief, but we gain so little by ****ting our load now.

maybe no CL or trophies, but at least some goals and swashbuckling performances at home would be nice.....ffs, we ar playing the worst football ive seen from Spurs sides in a long time. At least under Graham we could enjoy some Ginola magic. Now? its all simply turgid.

At this stage you don't want to bring in another 'project' - a motivator (experienced) is what you need IMO. We have a lot of new players - they need to gel, getting in someone who wants to play chess with them isn't going to help.

Fantastic post and i agree 100%. Who though? i'm not a fan of hoddle but maybe he would do well until the end of the season (most probably not). Do you know who would be perfect until the end of the season? our previous manager tbh (not saying i want him...i'm saying he would be ideal for the current situation).

Any chance we could get de Boer?

I just want our Tottenham style back and I'm thinking an Ajax or Dutch league coach could get us back on track.

If we had Benny and Tom Carroll right now it sure would help out...

AVB now very very short odds favourite to be the new manager sacked - anywhere between 1/2 and 1/4 depending on the bookie. That's incredibly short!

Laudrup favourite as next man in

Oddschecker have it:

Laudrup
Capello
Hoddle
Enrique
Poccettinho
Sherwood

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

There are solid reasons not to be in love with any of those choices to be honest, with possible exception of Poccettinho. But it would be embarrassing to chase after him mid-season IMO - we'd just be another obnoxious big club preying on a smaller one and ruining their season (again). You can't advocate that kind of messing around and then complain when Verts, Lamela and Lloris pi$$ off to Barca.

On balance, I might not be so quick to bullet AVB. Give him another few weeks, knowing there isn't really a good alternative. If sacking becomes impossible to avoid, I'd be ok with Glenn caretaker till after WC. If he played a blinder, consider perm appointment, otherwise take pick of available coaches in summer.

I just want someone in who understands the ethos of the club! To go through an entire home game without a shot on target is just not good enough.

Fantastic post and i agree 100%. Who though? i'm not a fan of hoddle but maybe he would do well until the end of the season (most probably not). Do you know who would be perfect until the end of the season? our previous manager tbh (not saying i want him...i'm saying he would be ideal for the current situation).

i doubt even Hoddle or Redknapp were he available would want to come in on a caretaker basis till the end of the season. Their egos are too big.

AVB now very very short odds favourite to be the new manager sacked - anywhere between 1/2 and 1/4 depending on the bookie. That's incredibly short!

Laudrup favourite as next man in

Guess they're either expecting or getting a lot of bets at the moment. Don't think there's any ITK there.

We missed the boat big time when we didn't go for Martinez when he was at Wigan.
Now the best we can hope for is either Laudrup or Hoddle.

I dont want Laudrup... Laudrup wont end well either.

He has done nothing to evidence that he is a suitable candidate.

maybe no CL or trophies, but at least some goals and swashbuckling performances at home would be nice.....ffs, we ar playing the worst football ive seen from Spurs sides in a long time. At least under Graham we could enjoy some Ginola magic. Now? its all simply turgid.

Exactly. We're playing ****e football and getting poor results. If we were in the top 4 then maybe you could stomach the stuff we're serving up but at the moment we have the worst of both worlds. And I agree, our football at the moment is worse than under Graham. I'm completely unemotional now when watching SPurs - there's no excitement, nothing to get you 'up' for it....he needs to go

de Boer, Laudrup...both good shouts. Would prefer de Boer if we could get him

We missed the boat big time when we didn't go for Martinez when he was at Wigan.
Now the best we can hope for is either Laudrup or Hoddle.

Precisely. He was always my first choice - such a shame.

Simeone isnt a bad shout but cant imagine it happening.

Back