• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Rafa Benitez. lolz.

Seriously aren't you guys just fed up of going around and around in circles?

We hire Glenn Hoddle, the man with the vision, the hero status to build a project. We lose and get Pleat in as caretaker.

We hire Santini, the man to rival Wenger and start our new project with Jol and Arnsesen on board. Fails spectacularly leaving us with BMJ which is a great success for the most part.

Things go stale and Levy goes back to the big project dream with Jol having improved us and "taking us as far as he could".

Promising manager of Sevilla (one of the best football sides in that year), Juande Ramos comes in. Immediate success, and even a trophy win. Things are looking good with this new project...

Until it spectacularly goes wrong and we end up bottom with 2 points from 8 games.

Here comes Harry, again not one of Levy's "project" type managers, but one that does very very well motivating a group of talented players, identifies weak points and addresses them.

Take us as far as he can, and is sacked.

AVB the man backed for the latest "project" to take us to the promise land. Inherits a Gareth Bale inspired spurs side who record their record points total in the Premier league.

Things start going south as we re-invest heavily in the squad having lost our only world class talent.

and here we go again...

oh to be a Spurs fan

indeed.....I wanted more than anything a manager to last for years......AVB to lead us to glory......now it will be back to square one again.

However hard it is though (and i have championed avb) that like city was totally unnaceptable...not even any fight from the players....

I agree its farcical but where do we go......my faith in avb is broken and I just cant stomach another humiliation like that.........what do we do???

Hoddle is being too romantic - if you want exciting, might as well bring in Ossie.

Let's get more romantic, bring in Perryman and Director.

I wasn't actually joking about Terim. Now an international coach and not with a team in the WC. Speaks English and Italian as far as I know, gets the most out of his players. Tactically very aware (watch the video I posted), players love him as do the fans. The guy has balls, something we really need.

why?? what has Enrique ever done. Yakin is succeeding in Christian Gross land

Enrique has impressed Baldini and knows the ins and outs of the Barcelona set up and would attempt to recreate it.
Baldini was spotted at a few Basel games recently.

I've no doubt it will be one of these two. Personally I'd rather Bielsa. It would never be dull be Bielsa. But Levy would never take such a huge gamble.

The same clueless hoddle that fecked up last time - 3 nil up and then we collapsed like a deck of cards, thanks but no thanks

Amazed people can judge Hoddle on the awful squad he had back then. Just look at some of the dross he had to work with. Personally I would love to see him work with the players we have now.

Benitez is under pressure at Napoli. Wouldn't be a bad call, actually.

1) Plays a direct, attacking game, which would suit the cloggers we currently call our 'technical' central midfielders (Dembele, Paulinho) and our speedy but somewhat brainless wingers (Townsend, Lennon, Chadli).

2) Is a proven success in the Premier League, first with Liverpool and then with Chelsea last year.

3) Has experience (i.e, won't look like he's on the verge of angry tears when one of his players gets sent off).

4) Would majorly **** off the gloating Scousers. :)

AVB would probably be best served going back to Portugal or perhaps to La Liga and re-learning how to effectively deploy the high line and how to implement his tactics properly.

Diego - you laugh off the suggestion of FSW but the rest of your post points to him being an ideal replacement. We don't want the "next big thing" who done great work for FC Kickabout in the Backwater League last season. We want someone who can come in and do a job.

For all his faults, FSW got success at Liverpool and would have at Chelsea if the Neanderthals didn't have a great big chip on their shoulders.

For info, the thread "Capello at the game tonight" has been merged in here as it's really part of the same conversation.

Shouldn't we get DiMatteo in first? He'll probably win us a cup, then FSW next season and more cups.

7 pages!!!??

i am far from impressed with the guy but no way he deserves to be sacked. a good hiding in the media channels sure ...but sacked? no way

Well rumours are that he was late into the press room after the game, now the rumours are that he has been sacked and that Hoddle is taking over for the season.

No idea what's going on.

Where's this Hoddle business coming from? I can't remember, but what was his relationship like with Levy??

7 pages!!!??

i am far from impressed with the guy but no way he deserves to be sacked. a good hiding in the media channels sure ...but sacked? no way

You will find very, very, very few people who agree with you right now. Hence the 7 pages. The way it stands, we are looking at a five or six goal defeat whenever we play one of the top six. Don't know if that's acceptable to you, but it certainly isn't to me.

I'm all for giving him this season, but I cannot deny that a big part of me would be relieved if he went today or tomorrow. We cannot afford to continue bringing this ****. We have had zero improvement from the first game of the season: in fact, we've actively regressed. That is horrific coming from a wonder-boy manager who we entrusted with the better part of 100 million f*cking pounds.

Oddschecker have it:

Laudrup
Capello
Hoddle
Enrique
Poccettinho
Sherwood

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

There are solid reasons not to be in love with any of those choices to be honest, with possible exception of Poccettinho. But it would be embarrassing to chase after him mid-season IMO - we'd just be another obnoxious big club preying on a smaller one and ruining their season (again). You can't advocate that kind of messing around and then complain when Verts, Lamela and Lloris pi$$ off to Barca.

On balance, I might not be so quick to bullet AVB. Give him another few weeks, knowing there isn't really a good alternative. If sacking becomes impossible to avoid, I'd be ok with Glenn caretaker till after WC. If he played a blinder, consider perm appointment, otherwise take pick of available coaches in summer.

Really don't like any of them to be honest

indeed.....I wanted more than anything a manager to last for years......AVB to lead us to glory......now it will be back to square one again.

However hard it is though (and i have championed avb) that like city was totally unnaceptable...not even any fight from the players....

I agree its farcical but where do we go......my faith in avb is broken and I just cant stomach another humiliation like that.........what do we do???

I do like AVB and he does get a very hard time from the press in this country, very obvious to say something is very wrong at the moment. Fergie, Wenger even Jose have all suffered big defeats at the clubs they have managed so freak results can happen. The issue with us they have happened twice within 4-6 weeks against a very good Emirates Marketing Project as Arsenal found out yesterday and also against you could argue our biggest rival for 4th spot. One off freak results I can accept, two results so close to each other something is very wrong. Its like back to being under Gerry Francis, Gross waiting to get beat 4 or 5 nil every weekend.

The top 4 is wide open this season Levy, Lewis and Baldini know that, sadly it wont come as a shock if tomorrow afternoon AVB is gone.

Back