• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Ah, well. Hope Rose comes back before the end of the season. You know, if we just waited for him to continue making his 'good progress' till the end of the season, he'd probably surpass his previous level and become a world-class left back without ever playing a game, judging by how AVB views 'good progress' on a bloody ingrown toenail (or something equally trivial, if I remember correctly).

That article also mentions a speculation piece about how AVB will have 40 million quid to spend in January but is reluctant to do so because he can't see much value in that mid-season window. Considering that we have no first-team left-backs and have ostracized the one striker who offers us something different to Sodado and Defoe, I would be absolutely flabbergasted if that turns out to really be the case. We have to spend in January, on a striker and a bloody left-back, regardless of Rose's 'good progress' towards an eternally-delayed return. We have to. Or else we'll have learned nothing from the previous three January windows and will be on course for another glorious last-minute disappointment come May.

Agree fully. Posted exactly this on another thread.

is anyone else really looking forward to him coming back from fitness?

i really think that with him at left back we will have such a much more balanced team.

is anyone else really looking forward to him coming back from fitness?

i really think that with him at left back we will have such a much more balanced team.

absolutely, he looked very good before injury we have missed him and his pace. Also will allow Jan to go back to his best position.

We always seem to suffer quad injuries.

He was out because of his ankle ffs.

As I have been saying for ages, our whole medical staff need replacing. They have proved time and time again that they can't deliver.

Thought it was a painful foot he had? Something about there being no signs of injury but still some pain on running?

As I have been saying for ages, our whole medical staff need replacing. They have proved time and time again that they can't deliver.

every team suffer injuries now and then.
aside from medical attention which comes after the fact, preventative stuff like player rotation, fitness and diet etc. all play a big part.
my biggest issue with injuries is not so much that they happen, but always in positions where we have no proper cover for. and that's got to do more with having a balance squad with enough depth. it is especially disheartening for me to see that despite the presence of baldini, we have to resort to shafting verts out there at LB and BAE on loan.

Not mentioned as one the players out injured on the official site team news, whilst Vertonghen is. Could he make a surprise return?

A bit risky to start him, hes not played in what 2 months and is only just back in training.

will be good to have width from both sides though, its quite important with the current tactics and he looked good at the start of the season. Loads of overlaps and got into the box a lot.,

Yeah, would be great to see him back, but would be terrible to see him back too soon only to relapse.

Perhaps on the bench to come on if we need an attacking change? I always liked the old change of full back when you need a goal move.

Yeah, would be great to see him back, but would be terrible to see him back too soon only to relapse.

Perhaps on the bench to come on if we need an attacking change? I always liked the old change of full back when you need a goal move.

:ross:

Am I right in thinking BAE came on as sub in a couple of games last year and provided the cross for goals?

I may be totally making that up, but it feels right.

I think Mancini also brought on a full back a few times to allow him to re-jig his formation resulting in a win.

Vs Man UTD at home BAE came on and offered a natural attacking outlet from the left being able to cross the ball that lead to our equaliser

Back