• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Elephant On The Forum

I find it impressive someone can draw so many difinitive conclusions from AVBs rather short career - a couple of seasons abroad in a not very popular league (in terms of coverage) half a season at the West London Circus and a season with us with an unbalanced squad coping with the loss of several important players.

Kudos

I imagine we'll eventually see a front 3 with Lamela Soldado and probably Chadli with a midfield 3 behind containg two of Paulhino Dembele Capoue and Sandro and one of Eriksen and Sigurdsson (hopefully Carroll later on if he impresses on loan) somewhere between a 433 and a 4231 but with Lennon and Townsend available we'll have enough flexibility to switch it around when needed

I find it impressive someone can draw so many difinitive conclusions from AVBs rather short career - a couple of seasons abroad in a not very popular league (in terms of coverage) half a season at the West London Circus and a season with us with an unbalanced squad coping with the loss of several important players.

Kudos

Not from his career, but from his past interviews. I have made many speculations regarding AVB since he joined and I am correct far more than I am wrong with one exception over the last few weeks. I predicted that Dembele would fall out of favour but he still very much seems to be ahead of Sandro in the pecking order.

I also predicted AVB wouldn't rate Kaboul but it's too early to see whether I am right on that yet. One thing I have gotten wrong, but I do believe will be addressed in the near future, is that Dawson's days are numbered at the club. In my opinion AVB will be looking to add another 5 or 6 players over January and next Summer including three or four new defenders and a left sided right footed player that can play on the left of a front three. You can quote me on that down the line.

Not from his career, but from his past interviews. I have made many speculations regarding AVB since he joined and I am correct far more than I am wrong with one exception over the last few weeks. I predicted that Dembele would fall out of favour but he still very much seems to be ahead of Sandro in the pecking order.

I also predicted AVB wouldn't rate Kaboul but it's too early to see whether I am right on that yet. One thing I have gotten wrong, but I do believe will be addressed in the near future, is that Dawson's days are numbered at the club. In my opinion AVB will be looking to add another 5 or 6 players over January and next Summer including three or four new defenders and a left sided right footed player that can play on the left of a front three. You can quote me on that down the line.

Totally believable that he's decided a 4-2-3-1 works better in the PL as it aids in transitions and provides quick support to the striker...or for any other reason.

To decry Eriksen as a panic buy and claim that he 'doesn't count' in some sort of debate point is amazing to me. We are clearly comfortable playing with a number 10 and we have Holtby also fighting for that position. Why sign these players if we weren't comfortable playing with a number 10? Why not just focus on a left sided forward instead of bringing Eriksen in?

The only thing Eriksen doesn't fit AVB's style of player on is that he's small. IIRC only Eriksen, Holtby and Soldado of AVB's 14 signings have been under 6'.

But he's technical, hardworking, versatile, young and likes to have the ball - all things that make him very much an AVB style player.

wonder why AVB tried to sign Moutinho in his first summer, and Villa and Bernard this summer.......could it be that he is not as predictable as you are trying to make him out to be???

for example, i dont think he signed Capoue because he is over 6 ft.....i think its because Capoue is very comfortable on the ball, is able to play quick forward passes with accuracy, and is capable of intercepting effectively and winning the ball back. Nothing at all to do with his size.

Dembele was due to be signed before AVB ever became. Redknapp had already lined him up. Sandro was signed under Redknapp

Chiriches is not the biggest centre half AVB could have signed. He is not known for his aerial prowess either. However the lad is comfortable on the ball and can bring it out of defence with ease. A centre half with technical ability, this is what AVb seems to have been looking for??

For central midfield, AVB likes big strong athletic players. I have no doubt that although we currently play with a number 10, that this is purely for transition and that AVB will be looking to remove the need for a number 10 sooner rather than later.

If he does, it will only be against the better teams, and he'll move the #10 (Eriksen/Holtby) to LF in place of Siggy/Chadli.

Still naaaa?

Utd in turmoil, City can't win away, Chelsea not a class above... why not?

2 of the big games down...

Still naaaa?

Utd in turmoil, City can't win away, Chelsea not a class above... why not?

2 of the big games down...

Early days. People getting carried away. You don't just go from qualifying for CL once and expect to win the league.

Of course we can't win it, it's impossible. Teams like City will go to Cardiff and Villa and get results, they have the mentality to do that. We don't.

8-[

I love the first few games of a Premiership season, with all the shocks before teams start to get a rhythm going. But I have to confess despite our extremely disappointing second half showing today, there is nothing to be afraid of in this league. Man Utd won it last season with their weakest ever Premiership side, and they won it at a canter. This season it seems that all the big guns again are misfiring and now is the time to take advantage and get some daylight between ourselves and them prior to them hitting any form.

Unfortunately the team best placed to do this is the scum. All the top teams have some very good players, but the balance is off for almost everyone but Arsenal. They have the balance and are the most settled side. They may well be favourites for the title, especially if they can get a head start on everyone else. They aren't looking very good against Swansea (who are also looking pretty poor) as I type this mind you.....

Early days. People getting carried away. You don't just go from qualifying for CL once and expect to win the league.

True. Then again Dortmund finished 6th and 5th in the two seasons before they won back to back titles.

Over all I don't think we'll win the league this year but I do think we can finish in the top three.

Unfortunately the team best placed to do this is the scum. All the top teams have some very good players, but the balance is off for almost everyone but Arsenal. They have the balance and are the most settled side. They may well be favourites for the title, especially if they can get a head start on everyone else. They aren't looking very good against Swansea (who are also looking pretty poor) as I type this mind you.....

I would agree. They seem able to take injuries in their stride at the moment and they always look like scoring. They are the only top side with a totally settled manager too.

We won't win the league. Not a hope in hell. We going to have a major battle on our hands for fourth. In order to get fourth we're going to have to finish above either an Arsenal team that people are now tipping as favourites for the league, or a Chelsea side that played us off the park in the second half today, a Emirates Marketing Project side containing some of the best players in the world, or last season's premier league winners.

Not to mention finishing above the likes of Everton and Liverpool.

I'd say thats a tall enough order for starters.

We won't win the league. Not a hope in hell. We going to have a major battle on our hands for fourth. In order to get fourth we're going to have to finish above either an Arsenal team that people are now tipping as favourites for the league, or a Chelsea side that played us off the park in the second half today, a Emirates Marketing Project side containing some of the best players in the world, or last season's premier league winners.

Not to mention finishing above the likes of Everton and Liverpool.

I'd say thats a tall enough order for starters.

I think we're outsiders. I haven't seen ANYTHING from Chelsea, Utd or City that states we are inferior to them. In fact, I'd say we have the strongest squad in the Premiership.

Liverpool will do well due to their settled squad and the system that Rodgers employs but ultimately I don't think they have the players to threaten us. Arsenal are the early threat, because they are settled and the two players they have brought in significantly improved their first team.

Back