• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

She attended Oxford apparently. How the hell did that happen? A clerical error I reckon. Some kid with a surname close to Truss, was wondering where their Oxford place went after getting a perfect score.

Last edited:
So it looks as if Liz Truss will be the next PM as elected by the right wing nut job element who make up the Tory membership. Will she fix the collapsing NHS? Will she stop the rorts and waste of public money? Will she alleviate the high cost of living? Will she manage to reduce the high interest rates. Will she be able to get tens of thousands of Britons off food banks. Will she solve the Brexit conundrum? No of course not, she will tackle the big issues. Like the fact that Britain imports two thirds of it's cheese consumption. The woman is a retread and your next PM.

She'll make them unelectable for at least the following 3 terms, so it's not all bad. Short term pain for long term gain.

So it looks as if Liz Truss will be the next PM as elected by the right wing nut job element who make up the Tory membership. Will she fix the collapsing NHS? Will she stop the rorts and waste of public money? Will she alleviate the high cost of living? Will she manage to reduce the high interest rates. Will she be able to get tens of thousands of Britons off food banks. Will she solve the Brexit conundrum? No of course not, she will tackle the big issues. Like the fact that Britain imports two thirds of it's cheese consumption. The woman is a retread and your next PM.

I saw your post and settled my down to read some really good ranting take downs, disappointed, thats really weak and not at all up to your usual standard.
I can only assume truss gives you so much to work with you don't know where to start!

She was interviewed R4 this morning (shame it was Nick Robinson rather than Amol Rajan or Mishal Hussain, who would have given her a tougher time) but it was very clear that she has a [very limited] number of phrases she repeats ad nauseum. But I'm not sure the tory membership will care, as long as she talks about bringing taxes down and simultaneously bringing down inflation.

Now I know that no party wants to give up power willingly but due to the general incompetence and embarrassing carry on Boris and his merry men and woman has laid before us in recent times, tactically, the conservatives might be wise to play the long game and use Truss as a sacrificial lamb. She is clearly a bit weird and commands absolutely no confidence or authority.

The conservatives need to shake themselves of Boris and all associated, and with the backdrop of the country looking down the barrel for the next (est) 1-5 years, perhaps ending up at an election sooner rather than later, and losing, might give them the breathing space for new faces to come forward and the easier job of observing (shouting) the coming car crash from the opposite benches.

I dont know if this has been raised before but why are we feed the Tory leadership debates on TV? Few if any of us has a vote in the initial circus and only current members of party can elect from the survivors.
It's not entertainment it's just reinforcing the point that "politics is too serious to be left in the hands of politicians"

I dont know if this has been raised before but why are we feed the Tory leadership debates on TV? Few if any of us has a vote in the initial circus and only current members of party can elect from the survivors.
It's not entertainment it's just reinforcing the point that "politics is too serious to be left in the hands of politicians"
Because it generates viewing figures.

And TV companies are (rightly) free to televise whatever gives them the ratings they want.

So nothing to do with import and export tariffs increasing due to being outside the eu, and the increased bureaucracy (which we were told would actually decrease following brexit) making it take longer to get goods and materials through customs.
Nothing to do with food production costs massively increasing due to the loss of cheap European labour and massive increases in waste age for the same reason
You do realise that every large car manufacturer from Honda to Nissan to ford is moving production away from the Uk to europe precisely as was predicted would happen, increasing unemployment and reducing in tax income?
Nothing to do with the removal of workers rights and the attempted introduction of fire and rehire on worse terms across both the public sector and private industry?

Exports to the EU are at an all time high now.

I disagree I think more things like this should be televised. Almost no one watches PM questions, and therefore performances or lack there of, are ‘consumed’ via the warped lense ie the the political bias of wherever you get your news from.

is the platform or format perfect? Of course not but the more we can see them ‘non scripted’ (hahaha) the more likely we will be to see that they aren’t wearing any clothes

No it appears that is correct surprisingly:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktrade/april2022

• EU exports have increased for the third consecutive month in April 2022 and are at the highest levels since records began.

Although what this statement doesn’t say is when did these records begin , like say perhaps post brexit?

Might not be inflation normalised? Like cinema box office takings are always the highest ever for a film, until they do that adjustment?

Back