• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chairman's message

Agree with everything you’re saying, of course!

I genuinely think Poch was that special. Both as a talented football manager but as a special person, someone who would put aside the idea of money or instant glory at Real Madrid to build something with us. He was that crazy. And yet, we still blew it.

He could have been our SAF. One of the reasons they succeeded over so many years was because of Sky money, and success that bought more money. But it was also their culture. His trust in young players, that floundered at other clubs as soon as they were away from his culture. His decisiveness in selling a good, big name player if it felt like that player was impacting the culture.

We so nearly had all of that, we so nearly has our own one. For a club that under ENIC will never have the most money, we so nearly had the culture that would be our competitive advantage. And we blew it. Levy’s view that Jose, or any manager, is a miracle worker was a terrible miscalculation. Levy’s head being turned, and either forgetting / not realising why Poch was succeeding means I too will never trust a managerial appointment he makes again. (I laugh at the idea he’s going to pitch the progress we’re gonna make under the new guy to Kane, when we’ve just sacked Poch and Jose...) I think he was too enamoured, and too much believed his own hype as someone that is always capable of making the ruthless decision, and doing ‘the right thing for the club’, but he just totally misdiagnosed what the right thing for the club actually was. The toxicity we are seeing now, from the unity we once had...Levy should feel embarrassed.

I would have done whatever it took to keep Poch here. Made it worth his while, whatever he needed. I’ve not heard a single good argument as to why we couldn’t have done that. It seemed like it wasn’t just about money as much as it was Levy actually starting to doubt his capability, which is just fudging crazy to me.

As you know mate, this is everything I believe and everything I said, albeit I think he should be utterly ashamed.

At the time I was distraught because I fudging knew. It was only the fact I support this club that made me try to see any positive I could in that clam who replaced him, however it gives me no happiness to say I knew he would blow it and I know Levy would blow it and fudge him with it. The Amazon puff-piece confirmed everything, what a sickening POS that is, a promo for two men in a relationship, one of whom thought his love was going to be returned, the other who was delighted to take a punt off the other's obsession.

If I was Poch I'd never ever consider walking back into this club even as a guest until that man is no longer part of things. Again, I can appreciate the excellent stadium Levy delivered, but that does not negate the stupid, stupid mistakes he made which cost us everything.

(I know we are just agreeing here...)

This is exactly it.

I would have forgiven him earlier transgressions, as he was amidst delivering a world class stadium which, all things being equal, would've delivered cash as fast as the beer surging up those cups. However he absolutely stone cold blew it with this gamble, and for some time, anyone who said as much was dismissed by many.

The fact remains that if ANY manager in the game had earned the right to rebuild again, it was Poch. The whole time of his existence we were in final years at our home, switching homes, late coming back into the new home, and then finally - in APRIL 2019- he finally got the side into the new home he had considerable input in helping design (and before anyone reading questions that, it is a fact, I heard it first hand and had pointed out to me the areas he had consulted on when touring prior to opening).

When Levy and Poch had their frost post-CL Final, Levy should never have then agreed to reconcile and move on. Because quite clearly the Jose Mourinho drums were being beaten in the distance and were getting louder. Then Mourinho was august again first game of the season. No-one with a quarter-clue thought he kept on showing up at ours to "check it out"...I consider it an enormous, enormous not just error of judgement but massive irresponsibility.

So yes, you're right. It is a massive black mark on him. I, for one, can never trust him fully to get a football appt right again, and people should also consider how small the world of football is and how far the whispers spread. The football world was stunned with the treatment of Poch.
Why on earth does anyone think managers would be jumping at the chance to work with Levy?!

You like @BrainOfLevy keep making the assumption Poch wanted to stay

And if he did stay, he could turn it around (it took Eriksen another year+ after Poch left to turn himself around with a change of scenery, you could say some of players still haven't turned it around).

Even you unequivocally believe Poch is/was special (at least for us), he hit that burn out point, the team was in a spiral and there are very few examples of that being reversible.

Jose was a bad call, I'm not convinced Poch at the end was one.

You like @BrainOfLevy keep making the assumption Poch wanted to stay

And if he did stay, he could turn it around (it took Eriksen another year+ after Poch left to turn himself around with a change of scenery, you could say some of players still haven't turned it around).

Even you unequivocally believe Poch is/was special (at least for us), he hit that burn out point, the team was in a spiral and there are very few examples of that being reversible.

Jose was a bad call, I'm not convinced Poch at the end was one.

:D

I think when they met for the storied dinner many weeks after the CL Final, Poch was good to go again, yes. Otherwise I think he'd have gone then.

By the end, when it was fudging CLEAR that skullduggery was taking place, would I assume Poch wanted to stay? No. If I were trying to do my job, and I saw another out of work manager's presence growing weekly around my club -especially given the covetous nature of my boss towards that person- I'd probably feel beleaguered to say the least. But I don't think Poch would've just walked mid-season, no. Levy fudged him. Simple. You can dress it up any way you wish, that is what happened. Look, you can even believe his 'recent record' meant he deserved that fudging (I don't BTW) but what you cannot deny is, it was done in a dirty, grubby, cheap and disrespectful way.

Say what you like about "irreversible spirals" and all that, and TBF, great if you think he deserved the tin-tack, I don't, I never did. Mourinho was a clam and a horrible appointment for our club, then like a 'good supporter' I tried to turn it off and get behind him, but here we are. How I wish I'd been wrong, but I wasn't, and it is fudging horrible.

Levy fudged him. Simple. You can dress it up any way you wish, that is what happened. Look, you can even believe his 'recent record' meant he deserved that fudging (I don't BTW) but what you cannot deny is, it was done in a dirty, grubby, cheap and disrespectful way.

If that's the case, how come Pochettino is still on speaking terms (or at least, he was a year ago) with Levy, as this piece suggests?

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/mauricio-pochettino-talks-daniel-levy-18300613

Perhaps because he is a bigger man than I would be?

Maybe but for all his merit, you can't deny that his time at Spurs made him a household name in world football. If he'd stayed with the likes of Southampton and Espanyol, I don't think he'd be managing PSG now, so he didn't exactly left empty-ended and he has every reason to be grateful to Levy, who gave him a platform to make a name for himself.

For me, the three consecutive windows without a signing signed his death warrant. It was a combination of outstanding work and unbelievable luck that allowed us to reach the CL final after that but I can't think of a squad that could survive such a low turnover over such a long time. Depending on what you read and who you believe, it could be anybody's fault but there's no denying that, at the end of the day, he alone paid the price of that incredible mistake.

Maybe but for all his merit, you can't deny that his time at Spurs made him a household name in world football. If he'd stayed with the likes of Southampton and Espanyol, I don't think he'd be managing PSG now, so he didn't exactly left empty-ended and he has every reason to be grateful to Levy, who gave him a platform to make a name for himself.

For me, the three consecutive windows without a signing signed his death warrant. It was a combination of outstanding work and unbelievable luck that allowed us to reach the CL final after that but I can't think of a squad that could survive such a low turnover over such a long time. Depending on what you read and who you believe, it could be anybody's fault but there's no denying that, at the end of the day, he alone paid the price of that incredible mistake.

Paid the price until now, Levy is reaping what he sowed.
Who 18 months later is looking like they are in a better position and cleverer?
Poch, sitting as the manager at one of the richest clubs in the world, after telling his previous boss that problems were on the horizon if he wasn't brave and acted now.
Or Levy, who is in the middle of several pr disasters, no manager, fans in uproar, team massively underperfoming and star player agitating for move.

Paid the price until now, Levy is reaping what he sowed.
Who 18 months later is looking like they are in a better position and cleverer?
Poch, sitting as the manager at one of the richest clubs in the world, after telling his previous boss that problems were on the horizon if he wasn't brave and acted now.
Or Levy, who is in the middle of several pr disasters, no manager, fans in uproar, team massively underperfoming and star player agitating for move.

Lose the league, and add that to the clusterfudge that was PSG’s CL exit, and Poch could be out the Parisian door very quickly.

Lose the league, and add that to the clusterfudge that was PSG’s CL exit, and Poch could be out the Parisian door very quickly.
Could. Maybe, maybe not.
He hasn't lost the league, it was never his, its not as if he was brought in when they were top.

:D

I think when they met for the storied dinner many weeks after the CL Final, Poch was good to go again, yes. Otherwise I think he'd have gone then.

By the end, when it was fudging CLEAR that skullduggery was taking place, would I assume Poch wanted to stay? No. If I were trying to do my job, and I saw another out of work manager's presence growing weekly around my club -especially given the covetous nature of my boss towards that person- I'd probably feel beleaguered to say the least. But I don't think Poch would've just walked mid-season, no. Levy fudged him. Simple. You can dress it up any way you wish, that is what happened. Look, you can even believe his 'recent record' meant he deserved that fudging (I don't BTW) but what you cannot deny is, it was done in a dirty, grubby, cheap and disrespectful way.

Say what you like about "irreversible spirals" and all that, and TBF, great if you think he deserved the tin-tack, I don't, I never did. Mourinho was a clam and a horrible appointment for our club, then like a 'good supporter' I tried to turn it off and get behind him, but here we are. How I wish I'd been wrong, but I wasn't, and it is fudging horrible.

So much in this

- You can't accuse Levy of skullduggery when Poch was publicly stating months before, he didn't know if he was staying (it would be Levy's duty to cover the possibility)
- You also seem to think burnout is something you can turn off or on, have a dinner and say "hey, I'm cool again", it really, really doesn't work that way.
- Jose being a bad call is agreed, still doesn't change the other opinion.

So much in this

- You can't accuse Levy of skullduggery when Poch was publicly stating months before, he didn't know if he was staying (it would be Levy's duty to cover the possibility)
- You also seem to think burnout is something you can turn off or on, have a dinner and say "hey, I'm cool again", it really, really doesn't work that way.
- Jose being a bad call is agreed, still doesn't change the other opinion.

I understand "burnout"...I also understand what constitutes a reasonable chance versus head turned by winking nod. Let's not go back to troubled marriage metaphors of two years ago.

Chairman's message

Sun 15 May 2022, 06:30|

Chairman, Daniel Levy, provides a message for supporters in our official matchday programme for today's final home match of the season against Burnley...

Dear Supporter,

It has certainly been a season of two halves. After a difficult and frustrating summer last year we started the season struggling to produce the performances we all wanted to see and, whilst it is never ideal to change coaches during the season, we moved swiftly to bring in Antonio Conte.

COVID and fixture scheduling then conspired to rob us of the chance of continuing to compete in the Europa Conference League and we saw our disappointing form continue. We had faith, however, in our squad and we knew Antonio and his coaching staff would need time to instil their methods and increase fitness levels.

Their impact, along with the new players who joined, delivered a second half of the season in remarkable contrast to the first - producing performances that put us in contention for a top four finish.

I write these notes before we play Arsenal and therefore without knowing what our final place will be in the league. We do know, however, that regardless of the next two fixtures, we shall be in Europe again – for the 16th time in 17 years. I’m not sure, earlier in the season, any of us thought we would be in this position. It is testament to the incredible work of our new coaching staff and the application and determination of our players.

We were delighted to see our Women’s team finish fifth in the Women’s Super League. Rehanne and her staff have continued to take the team forward and their progress has been impressive. We have delivered new training facilities for our Women’s team at Hotspur Way alongside the First Team, to further support their progress. Their last match of the season at the stadium on Sunday saw an amazing atmosphere and will have undoubtedly inspired so many young girls to follow in their footsteps.

When we reported our June 2021 year-end financial results we set out our vision for the Club and underlined that, whilst we had invested significantly in the squad, we needed to improve our recruitment and the January transfer window showed how important this can be. We shall continue to support investment in both our First and Women’s teams and our Academy.

Regardless of the results of our last three games of this season, I firmly believe we are well positioned to go forward into next season. The desire and determination to see success on the pitch is felt by everyone at the Club.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff for their commitment, time and effort that goes into making this Club what it is. We shall continue to work with energy and vigour to make all of our fans around the world proud to support Tottenham Hotspur.

It’s hard to believe that today’s game is the final fixture of only the first full season with fans in our new stadium. So, I think we can still call it ‘new’. It’s been such a long, challenging period since we first opened it in April 2019. The fact that we are filled to the rafters is testament to the unwavering support of you all.

Our players will take to the pitch to thank you and I thank you too.

I wish you and your families a wonderful summer. COYS!

Daniel

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/may/chairmans-message/

Is there really no-one at the club who knows how capital letters work and has the balls to correct Levy’s copy? What about Ben Davies? Or the Craig twins?

He really couldn’t find time in the last 3 days to add a paragraph about the Arse game so his message was fully up to date?

Commitment to spend is good to hear.
I think our whingeing here and other social media gets picked up and reported to Levy. They have to, sponsors will be doing the same.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back