• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

I'd love to see a super rich owner buy a club they hate and run it into the ground just for fun.

Thats what I'd do if I had the money.

I have actually thought about this too. I'd love to buy the goons, and then run them to finish 17th each year. It would be delightful hiring uninspiring managers (Bruce, Sherwood, Pulis, Lampard, etc), selling good players and buying in dross, going to the matches so I can listen to the fans boo, see the banners and hear them scream for my head. I wonder, how long would it take for them to stop buying new kits?

Shouldn't the 'in administration' rule be applied? Immediate 9 points point dedication

Surely they might be in it before too long. The restrictions on revenues surely going to hit them. I’d imagine some poor back room staff might get made redundant. I see the hotel isn’t allowed to take any more bookings that’s probably a few staff etc…

I'd imagine that the government will change the £20k travel rule given that it doesnt in any way make RA richer

And I'd have thought that they'd ok a sale of the club if all proceeds go to the war victims, and assuming its sold for the highest possible price (e.g. rather than it being sold for £1 and then the next billionaire pumping in the same fortunes to the club that they would have otherwise paid for the club).

That said, its quite funny and the sale will take a few weeks to play out so in the meantime the club is in flux.

Unfortunately I dont see it impacting them on the pitch. Players will still want to win the CL, and they have a decent enough position in the league that I don't see the distraction from this causing enough problems that they're going to drop to 5th by May

Good song choice. So appropriate because of it's symbolic use of the Radical Dynamic Shift - twice even - at 1:40 and 2:36.

Radical Dynamic Shift? You know. Full band entry, fortissimo, while maintaining consistent apparent volume on the vocal track.

Says it all, really, about how this ownership situation will be resolved.

I'd imagine that the government will change the £20k travel rule given that it doesnt in any way make RA richer

And I'd have thought that they'd ok a sale of the club if all proceeds go to the war victims, and assuming its sold for the highest possible price (e.g. rather than it being sold for £1 and then the next billionaire pumping in the same fortunes to the club that they would have otherwise paid for the club).

That said, its quite funny and the sale will take a few weeks to play out so in the meantime the club is in flux.

Unfortunately I dont see it impacting them on the pitch. Players will still want to win the CL, and they have a decent enough position in the league that I don't see the distraction from this causing enough problems that they're going to drop to 5th by May

Why would they change the £20k travel limit?
Think most voters would like that limit.

I wonder what the position is regarding a future sale of Chelsea and the money owed to Abramovich. Obviously it cannot happen right now but it'd be in the government interest to allow a sale to happen as long as Abramovich doesn't actually get the money from it.
In his current situation, could he legitimately write-off the loan that Chelsea currently owe him/Fordstam?
If not, then any potential buyer has to be looking at buying an entity that has £1.5billion debt against it.
On top of the purchase price.
Then the costs of sorting out their stadium predicament.

Multi billion pound business tskeover while one party is sanctioned won't be rushed through in a matter of weeks

I wonder what the position is regarding a future sale of Chelsea and the money owed to Abramovich. Obviously it cannot happen right now but it'd be in the government interest to allow a sale to happen as long as Abramovich doesn't actually get the money from it.
In his current situation, could he legitimately write-off the loan that Chelsea currently owe him/Fordstam?
If not, then any potential buyer has to be looking at buying an entity that has £1.5billion debt against it.
The 1.5b debt is reflective of what has been invested on top of actual income though. If that gets written off the proposition becomes a lot more attractive to an investor and Chelsea end up getting doped again.

Multi billion pound business tskeover while one party is sanctioned won't be rushed through in a matter of weeks

The acquisition process can easily be done in that time especially as we're talking about a trophy asset here rather than a listed company making an acquisition

Then its just the case of the government nodding its head

Very easily done in 4-6 weeks

The acquisition process can easily be done in that time especially as we're talking about a trophy asset here rather than a listed company making an acquisition

Then its just the case of the government nodding its head

Very easily done in 4-6 weeks

Who has that much capital laying around?

It'll rumble on for months if not years

Who has that much capital laying around?

It'll rumble on for months if not years

The sort of investors which they're talking about can raise that. They'd raise some short-term bridge finance and then refinance that with longer-term afterwards. Very easily done

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the ongoing board meeting lol.

Will be against ffp.
(Edit apologies had been answered to that effect).

Not according to this bloke who writes about FFP and football finance it can't...

Don't think they'll go into administration (as such). Think they'll be given leeway and be allowed to sell players in the summer.

They might have an administrator appointed though.

Tbh i doubt anyone really knows. First time, politicians aren't exactly known for long term thinking in this country.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the ongoing board meeting lol.

Will be against ffp.
(Edit apologies had been answered to that effect).

Debt has nothing to do with ffp. Unless it is transfer debt that you can't pay.

Ffp focuses on how much you can spend compared to your costs.

Know nothing about this other than what's being reported.

Gut feeling is that they will get out of it somehow, be ready for the summer transfer window with or without this particular oligarch at least.

Don't think they'll go into administration (as such). Think they'll be given leeway and be allowed to sell players in the summer.

They might have an administrator appointed though.

Tbh i doubt anyone really knows. First time, politicians aren't exactly known for long term thinking in this country.

Can’t be so as this is a way to circumvent rules. Borrow £1billion. £1Billion written off.

Back