• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Both have it
I’m not 100% on how any of this would be applied
No club has been sold for £3b in football anywhere

At the end of the day they were within ffp (mostly) when abramovich loaned them the money. Him wiping the debt shouldn't be an issue, they've already received the money. Some of it before ffp even existed.

Now hmrc on the other hand could see it differently. Is it a gift?

Anyway they'll probably just factor it into the deal. Their lawyers will know how.

At the end of the day they were within ffp (mostly) when abramovich loaned them the money. Him wiping the debt shouldn't be an issue, they've already received the money. Some of it before ffp even existed.

Now hmrc on the other hand could see it differently. Is it a gift?

Anyway they'll probably just factor it into the deal. Their lawyers will know how.
We shall see
I’m just speculating and guessing

Haha Dubai lamenting the fact we're not owned by a crooked oligarch. Winning football trophies is more important than dignity to some.

'Our owner is a c*nt, but less of a c*nt than yours' is not a chant I can see myself ever singing, but to each their own - sure Dan will he pleased to hear that ring out at the Lane. ;)

I'll happily take being in the debt if the alternative is war and death of innocent people.
But each to their own.

I'll happily take being in the debt if the alternative is war and death of innocent people.
But each to their own.

Joe Lewis is a c*nt too, just less of one. I don't think that's something to brag about, mate. We're owned by a lesser c*nt, and we had 20 grinding years to show for it. They're owned by a greater c*nt, and have had 20 years of happiness to show for it.

But, that's besides the point. People told me he'd sink Chelsea by calling in the debts, and that's why it's better to be 800m in hock to the banks.

He didn't. He left them debt-free. People were wrong, is all.

As for war and destruction, I stand for Ukraine. I also despise ENIC. As in that Putin thread, I can want both in the Hague at the same time.

Joe Lewis is a c*nt too, just less of one. I don't think that's something to brag about, mate. We're owned by a lesser c*nt, and we had 20 grinding years to show for it. They're owned by a greater c*nt, and have had 20 years of happiness to show for it.

But, that's besides the point. People told me he'd sink Chelsea by calling in the debts, and that's why it's better to be 800m in hock to the banks.

As for war and destruction, I stand for Ukraine. I also despise ENIC. As in that Putin thread, I can want both in the Hague at the same time.
He's written off the debts because of a war.
That is pretty simple to understand.
So the core reason people are "wrong about him not leaving them high and dry" is written in the blood of the people that have, and will, die.
So it's pretty distasteful argument.

I dunno who told you he'd call in the debts. So can't say anything about that.

What i can say is that chelsea could be in a lot of trouble depending on who buys them now. Hardly anyone has £2-3bn in cash. Unless a huge wealthfund comes in or a consortium sells off other assets (by friday no chance) to raise funds. A buyer will have to borrow money from the banks. Suddenly our debt looks small in comparison. With little infrastucture (in comparison to us) to use as collateral, interest rates will be high. Add to this they will not be getting subsides from their sugar daddy owner they could be in a lot of brick.

He's written off the debts because of a war.
That is pretty simple to understand.
So the core reason people are "wrong about him not leaving them high and dry" is written in the blood of the people that have, and will, die.
So it's pretty distasteful argument.

Nah. People were also saying years ago that he'd write his loans off when he left. Ukraine had nothing to do with it other than hastening his departure - it's a fairly even bet that he would always have just gifted them the money when he left anyway.

It happened sooner, is all. Meanwhile, our pair stick around like tight-fisted barnacles.

Nah. People were also saying years ago that he'd write his loans off when he left. Ukraine had nothing to do with it other than hastening his departure - it's a fairly even bet that he would always have just gifted them the money when he left anyway.

It happened sooner, is all. Meanwhile, our pair stick around like tight-fisted barnacles.

He' not written anything off. He'll get the money when he sells.

It ai for the Chelsea fans
Their happy
Genuinely
I’d love trophies too
Not sure I would convince myself the owner was a saint though
But it’s gonna be interesting tos re how this plays out with FFP now
They can’t just write of a club debt that was due yet his press statement says he is writing it off. That debts on the books of the company and has been tax efficient and also recognised as debt
I assume the new owners pay him the debt… he somehow pays off the debt he is owed and they argue with fifa
But the new owners will be interesting as no one so far linked is that rich so I assume it will be a debt funded model just like United
FFP doesn’t care whether debt exists or is written off…. All it cares about is cumulative losses over the last 3 year period. Much of Abramovich’s funding came pre FFP and since FFP came about Chelsea have always stayed the right side of it.

But the club owes the debt
They can’t just pay it off and comply with FFP as they have had the benefit of the debt on their books
That’s my interpretation anyway
It would be different if it was commercial debt
It doesn’t….. and they can. Abramovuch can simply convert that debt to equity at the stroke of a pen, as I always said I expected him to do at some point.

What we really need now is the return of Sir Les. He did sterling work here on G-G tracking chelsea's financial woes 20 years ago when Bates had got them into a mess....just before Roman swooped in and saved them. I'd love him to return to reprise his role of "day by day charting chelsea's descent into receivership*" he'd be like Ali returning to the ring. :)

* His signature line back when we could have them.

Please GHod have jordan back on talk sport tomorrow to cut through all this bs. You have people believing that he's wiped the debt and is going to sell the club and give all the money to charity because he's such a great guy. That he's been doing peace talks. And probably saved a puppy from getting run over aswell. He had nothing to do with putin, his only crime is that he was born russian. Ffs.

He was instrumental in putin becoming president of russia in the first place. He recommended him to yeltsin to be his successor. He helps manage/launder putins money. He bought chelsea to help sports wash russia at putins behest. He has contacts in the russian mafia. Including berezovsky who aparently committed suicide after trying to sue him.

The guy is trying to aviod sanctions or at least cash in before his assets can be frozen. He's trying to save his own skin.

If you want to give the money fine. Amnesty int or the red cross already exist. No need to create your own. If the money isn't important, give the club to the fans. Donate some of your other billions to charity.

This is sports washing at it's finest. Sanction him. Don't let him fool you. If that fudges chelsea, all the better.

Just have a look at the shed end. Hook line and sinker.

https://www.theshedend.com/topic/32425-roman-abramovich/page/36/#comments

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me what would happen to chelsea if abramovich's assets were frozen?

Could they get new sponsors?
Trade players?
Sell tickets?

What can they and can't they do? Who makes decisions?

It doesn’t….. and they can. Abramovuch can simply convert that debt to equity at the stroke of a pen, as I always said I expected him to do at some point.

I'm pretty sure Abramovitch or Chelsea said this had happened at one point. Then the debt reappeared (possibly on a different company).

I very much doubt he intends the 1.5 billion to go to the Ukraine non-war, non-invasion charity. The whole charity stunt must be to stave off sanctions so he can liquidate his assets.

Can anyone explain to me what would happen to chelsea if abramovich's assets were frozen?

Could they get new sponsors?
Trade players?
Sell tickets?

What can they and can't they do? Who makes decisions?
They could continue to trade but he wouldn't be able to invest anything or pay himself dividends.

Would that include player trading? Players would be considered assets no? Amortisation and that.
I only know about asset freezing when businesses are under legal challenge but I suspect it's the same rules.

In those cases, the business continues to run but there can't be anything transferred in or out to the owners. The business can swap cash for assets and vice versa because it's the owner who is being restricted, not the business.

Last edited:
Finance is not something that I know a great deal about. However, it strikes me as odd that everyone is talking about this as if it’s a done deal. £3 billion is a LOT of money for a football club. Further - and more importantly, I’d have thought - I’m not convinced that RA is in any kind of position to be demanding top whack for his club. He is NOT in a strong position to sell because everyone knows he is desperately trying to get it done before he gets sanctioned, booted out the country or whatever. Any prospective buyers will be well aware they he needs to sell far More than they need to buy. I simply cannot see any businessman paying even ‘going rate’ for Chelsea. Quick deal must surely equal a cheap deal.
I still have my fingers firmly crossed in the hope that this vile football club will end up slithering back to where it came from.

Back