• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

It’s fine to have reservations about a player and still wish to be proven wrong when they sign!

Moura and Traore would be a nightmare down that right hand side, both for defenders and their team mates as neither will know what they are going to do when they have the ball!

All in, if Doherty is part of the deal, it’s less than 20m and he’s not the biggest signing of the window I can be positive about it. The amount of space that Emerson is given will surely not be given to Traore and we saw fleetingly even with walking Bale that any threat from the right frees up space for Son.
I do wonder that if we were in talks with the summer and due to the fact we have a relationship with Mendes and it’s a domestic transfer how these things can’t be lined up and done on 1 Jan. I guess clubs, agents and players are always trying to squeeze something somewhere with acts of brinkmanship.

Edit: apologies, wrong thread. Will move it.

What is the best we could hope for? Being realistic.

Sign: Eriksen and Traore.

Then miraculously sell Ndombele and Le Celco allowing us to sign Vlahovic. Okay that isn't realistic.

Something like, sell/loan with option to buy Le Celso and Bergwjin and sign Eriksen, Traore and a CB. It would leave us light up front, but any forward worth their salt won't be free to transfer in Jan in all likelihood. It will be one of those where you could sign a stand in forward, but then why not give minutes to Scarlett who's similar quality. And save the cash for spending on someone top tier in the summer.

I'd be happy with shifting 2 and signing 3. But it doesn't look too promising yet. The final week of the window is where things may pick up.

Last edited:
I know wing backs are important for Conte's system but I refuse to believe that he wants Traore just for sheer speed.

Traore is two footed and has excellent close control. Having him as a straight replacement will not improve us much if nothing else changes in the centre.

I think about how Conte has relied on and deployed Moura down the centre to greater effect. Could Traore do a better job there to unsettle defences? A muscular version of Moura?
Or we could just use Moura.

Screenshot_20220111-114309_Chrome.jpg

It’s fine to have reservations about a player and still wish to be proven wrong when they sign!

Moura and Traore would be a nightmare down that right hand side, both for defenders and their team mates as neither will know what they are going to do when they have the ball!

All in, if Doherty is part of the deal, it’s less than 20m and he’s not the biggest signing of the window I can be positive about it. The amount of space that Emerson is given will surely not be given to Traore and we saw fleetingly even with walking Bale that any threat from the right frees up space for Son.
I do wonder that if we were in talks with the summer and due to the fact we have a relationship with Mendes and it’s a domestic transfer how these things can’t be lined up and done on 1 Jan. I guess clubs, agents and players are always trying to squeeze something somewhere with acts of brinkmanship.

I don't like this lumping of Moura in with Traore. Moura is a proper good, intelligent, effective player. It's like comparing Kane with Jozy Altidore

That's him in a nutshell.

The kind of player fans love watching, because he tears the opposition apart, but does nothing to further the team's cause.

Maybe (hopefully if we actually are after him) he's just had a complete lack of decent coaching in his career and a good manager can teach him how to use his head when he plays.

He has passed through Barcelona and is in the same team with players like Moutinho. I think he can't be taught anything at this stage.

Unpopular opinion. Spurs is not a serious club if we are seriously going after Adama.

If we were seriously after adama i would think it would be done by now.
He wants a move and they are willing to sell.

This is a smokescreen.

Watch him sign in the next hour :)

If we were seriously after adama i would think it would be done by now.
He wants a move and they are willing to sell.

This is a smokescreen.

It's not even that. It's just lack of imagination from the journalists, because they haven't got anything genuine to go on. I don't think we were even that interested last summer, even with Mendes' tentacles then fully wrapped around us

if Conte thinks Traore will work, then i trust him. I'd have reservations if this were Nuno, but with Antonio, i back him.

No doubt he's a great coach, but his record with transfers is patchy at best - Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Luiz and Barkley were some of his big Chelsea signings, and all flopped. Only Kante, maybe Rudiger, really went on to excel.

Back