• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Thought he was poor on Sunday but just read he has made the second most tackles in the league and that’s with playing only 8 games
That’s very good if true

Thought he was poor on Sunday but just read he has made the second most tackles in the league and that’s with playing only 8 games
That’s very good if true

I honestly just think like Reggie he needs some calming down and building on what he can do and not expecting things he cant, he and Reggie do that we have two very capable full backs

He's mostarda!

mustard.jpg

Hopefully Royale is OK today - last night somebody (Sanchez, Dier, Regi or someone) gestured to the bench with the international rolling hands gesture of "you better sub him off, he is injured" as Royal rubbed his shin and limped a bit, and then he got subbed.
People did say that the wingbacks would get subbed every game after an hour, which makes great sense to me. They are asked to patrol an entire side and run more than anyone else, so it makes sense that they maximise their output for an hour and then swap in someone else - either an attacking wing back if we are losing, or a defensive one if winning.

He has looked good in his few games so far, once he becomes more used to our game i think he will become a regular starter.

I like him, I do. And I appreciate it's still early both in his career here and under Conte and his new role.

Feels like there's quite a way to go for him though. I think we'll want and need quite a bit more in terms of quality on the ball and attacking output.

Was seemingly brought in as more of a defensive full back, credit to him to do as well as he has as a wing back so far. No doubt he's a good player. But he will have to step up to be the first choice answer for this role past the summer I think.

I like him, I do. And I appreciate it's still early both in his career here and under Conte and his new role.

Feels like there's quite a way to go for him though. I think we'll want and need quite a bit more in terms of quality on the ball and attacking output.

Was seemingly brought in as more of a defensive full back, credit to him to do as well as he has as a wing back so far. No doubt he's a good player. But he will have to step up to be the first choice answer for this role past the summer I think.
He has been very solid defensively. Much much better than I expected
I think his attacking side will come
He is still raw and young at 22
I think learning the language will help with comms too
We do need another player on that side for rotation, competition or improvement.

He was brought in as a RB to play in a 4 and was well known in Spain for his defensive work - not as an attacking full back.

I’m not sure the answer of him just being young is why he isn’t providing the output of goals and assists in that wing back role. I like him, but I think another attacking full back as rotation / competition would be good for squad balance

He was brought in as a RB to play in a 4 and was well known in Spain for his defensive work - not as an attacking full back.

I’m not sure the answer of him just being young is why he isn’t providing the output of goals and assists in that wing back role. I like him, but I think another attacking full back as rotation / competition would be good for squad balance
I never saw him play in Spain so can’t comment on his game there. But he has been very solid defensively imo

I guess my thinking is that we should let conte really go for players who are the ideal fit for his system. Then we will see even more results

I guess my thinking is that we should let conte really go for players who are the ideal fit for his system. Then we will see even more results
I think we will
He will get an out and out attacking WB for the right as an option (a few have been mentioned) and also a striker (belotti would be my guess)

Back