• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The only thing that leaves a sour taste in my mouth is how he wants to fudge off to win things but didn’t turn up when it mattered for us. He has had the opportunity to really put himself into that top tier of footballers and has bottled it. You can claim its a team effort but Lewandoski carried Dortmund to that champions league final aswell as pretty much carrying his country and turns up in the big games yet Kane doesn’t really do any of them.

Scoring a few goals against Arsenal and Chelsea doesn’t count as big goals, you can probably list 10 players in the league who have good scoring records against the elite clubs.
Erm, he is in the top tier of footballers

He is not on the same level as Ronaldo and Messi.

I don’t even think he is quite at the level of Lewandoski and Neymar in my opinion.
Yes, he's not at the level of Ronaldo and Messi, Maradona is probably the only player in the history of the game that can claim that...

He's in the argument for the best striker in the world, top tier

I feel people in this country sell Lewandowski short. People turn their nose up at what he’s done with Bayern “ah easy league, they win it every year” but his numbers are ridiculous and his record in the champions league is excellent (top scorer when they won it IIRC?) and the CL is the highest standard of club football there is. And don’t forget he won back to back titles with Dortmund and scored four goals in a CL semi final against Real Madrid. If that’s not turning up when it matters then I don’t know what is.

I feel people in this country sell Lewandowski short. People turn their nose up at what he’s done with Bayern “ah easy league, they win it every year” but his numbers are ridiculous and his record in the champions league is excellent (top scorer when they won it IIRC?) and the CL is the highest standard of club football there is. And don’t forget he won back to back titles with Dortmund and scored four goals in a CL semi final against Real Madrid. If that’s not turning up when it matters then I don’t know what is.

Most ppl don't watch the Bundesliga so really have no frame of reference for Lewa. [emoji848]

Whose said Lewandowski doesn’t turn up when it matters? I’ve seen people say Kane doesn’t and use Lewandowski as an example of someone who does though. But that’s the opposite of what you are saying happens?

Whose said Lewandowski doesn’t turn up when it matters? I’ve seen people say Kane doesn’t and use Lewandowski as an example of someone who does though. But that’s the opposite of what you are saying happens?

Tbh I didn’t even mention Kane. I was talking exclusively about Lewandowski and how people in England have a bias towards players who play in this country and a bias against anyone who hasn’t done it in the premier league. They are two very different players albeit who play in the same position. Reminds me of the Villa v Torres debate. English fans in general often picked Torres even though Villa had scored more goals and won more trophies.

Tbh I didn’t even mention Kane. I was talking exclusively about Lewandowski and how people in England have a bias towards players who play in this country and a bias against anyone who hasn’t done it in the premier league. They are two very different players albeit who play in the same position. Reminds me of the Villa v Torres debate. English fans in general often picked Torres even though Villa had scored more goals and won more trophies.
Villa was by far the better player imo.

Ok fair enough, bit of a random comment in the Kane thread then?

I can only go on my experience and I’ve not heard or read any belittling of Lewandowski. Maybe it’s just the circles I move in though.

Reminds me of happened with Ibrahamovich - lot's of "never seen him had a good game" type comments.

Gotta agree with @Gazza Dazzla though - can't say I've seen/heard anyone talk Lewa down.

Last edited:
Wow
Have people actually said he hasn’t???
The guys pure class and got better with age

Ok fair enough, bit of a random comment in the Kane thread then?

I can only go on my experience and I’ve not heard or read any belittling of Lewandowski. Maybe it’s just the circles I move in though.

Not really IMO. They are the two best players in their position in the world currently. Only natural that people will compare them. Seen plenty of people have debates about the pair of them. And it’s not so much belittling, it’s just an insular English pundit opinion to look down somewhat on every other league unless the player has proved himself in England, Ronaldo for example. Hence the many many debates about whether Messi could cut in this country, albeit some of it I feel is tongue in cheek, can he perform on a cold night in Stoke etc.

Reminds me of happened with Ibrahamovich - lot's of "never seen him had a good game" type comments.

Gotta agree with @Gazza Dazzla though - can't say I've seen/heard anyone talk Lewa down.

It is understandable to an extent. We have far more exposure to players who perform in the premier league so there is a level of bias that comes with that. Even if it’s unconscious. But it blows my mind when ex players and pundits speak with obviously so little knowledge of other leagues, especially when they are paid to be “experts” on BT. It’s embarrassing. I’m not expecting them to watch every minute of every foreign league but would it kill them to watch revista de la liga once in a while? Rio Ferdinand at the euros was the quintessential example. Shearer and Lineker were keen not to talk down Italy and with good reason. Rio’s attitude was “we’ll still do em” and “I’ve never slept so well in two years”.

Re Ibra, I do actually think he is a bit overrated. Unbelievable player and you can’t knock his record but he had a habit of not turning up in the big CL matches.

Last edited:
Wow
Have people actually said he hasn’t???
The guys pure class and got better with age

More that he doesn’t play in England so every other league is inferior. Even though he’s done it in the champions league which is all that matters. But to some the premier league is the be all and end all.

More that he doesn’t play in England so every other league is inferior. Even though he’s done it in the champions league which is all that matters. But to some the premier league is the be all and end all.

I personally just think Kane is better mostly because of years like last, we were shocking and he carried us and some, could Lewa? Possibly but we don't know, but we do know Kane can do what he does so he shades it

He was at that parade when he was 8 years old (he says so in that article) so 2001, still part of arsenal youth then.

From the article:

"It was in the academy that he was pictured in a team photo, whilst another picture later surfaced of him wearing an Arsenal kit at their 2004 trophy parade alongside a friend."

There's even a fella in the background with a "04 Champions" shirt on.

It doesn't make too much difference to me by the way whether he supported them as a kid. Just struggle to believe that people think he'd willingly wear their shirt at a parade celebrating the Invincibles two years after Woolwich binned him off and still be a lifelong Spurs fan.

If my young fella tried that, he'd have a size 11 firmly implanted in his back side.

Back