• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Got to love the spin you lot are putting on it. Yeah of course Nagelsmann wasn’t a good fit for us, the alternatives are so much better:D....
It’s not spin
To me he hasn’t won a thing in the game and has achieved par relative to the investment in his teams
Par at Bayern is the league and last 4 CL
That’s actually standard fare for them
Not sure how he does any better

am sure it's already been highlighted but with the Euros too, it's absolutely essential we tie up a new manager to start as soon as the season finishes. there's a lot of work our squad needs, and that new guy will need as much time as possible.

Whether Levy will make that happen, as we know, is another question. He should be using the time Mason has to identify the right candidate and have him ready to go from 1st June basically. anything other than that is a failure on his part.

So where does that leave us?

Rodgers - i think this is dependent on CL qualification. If they don't get it, he's probable at best. If they do get it, then can't see it.

Ten Hag - good work with Ajax who we should look to emulate by rotating quality youth through and making a profit to keep us ticking over, but obvs it's a risk for someone with no PL experience.

Potter - for me if it's not Rodgers, it has to be Potter.

That list just makes a mockery of us not backing Poch btw...
I think it’s the plan to do exactly what you describe and why

am sure it's already been highlighted but with the Euros too, it's absolutely essential we tie up a new manager to start as soon as the season finishes. there's a lot of work our squad needs, and that new guy will need as much time as possible.

Whether Levy will make that happen, as we know, is another question. He should be using the time Mason has to identify the right candidate and have him ready to go from 1st June basically. anything other than that is a failure on his part.

So where does that leave us?

Rodgers - i think this is dependent on CL qualification. If they don't get it, he's probable at best. If they do get it, then can't see it.

Ten Hag - good work with Ajax who we should look to emulate by rotating quality youth through and making a profit to keep us ticking over, but obvs it's a risk for someone with no PL experience.

That list just makes a mockery of us not backing Poch btw...

There are plenty of other options mate, just because we don't know/like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Rodgers has managed in CL before, Leicester isn't going to do anything in CL, I don't think that is a decision criteria for him.
Ten Hag seems like an option
It's not going to be Potter/Parker/etc. that simply don't have experience.
It won't be a defensive type manager (we will go back to someone more attacking/progressive)

Just leave the Poch thing mate .. please ..

Would Dean Smith be an outside name? I’m not saying that he’s the perfect fit, but I do think that he has worked well generally with Aston Villa. He has them competitive in matches against the top sides, playing decent football and before Grealish’s injury, Villa were in contention for the top 6. For me he should be in contention as much as Potter is.

The amount of brick I'm getting from my mates about Southgate being linked
If we even went for him I would give up my ST 100%

It’s not spin
To me he hasn’t won a thing in the game and has achieved par relative to the investment in his teams
Par at Bayern is the league and last 4 CL
That’s actually standard fare for them
Not sure how he does any better
Bayern don’t just go for any old manager - there’s a reason a 33 year old is taking over there. He was the outstanding candidate.

Rodgers isn’t going to happen despite some thinking that we are some amazingly more attractive option compared to Leicester, and Potter and Ten Hag I would be curious to see but they are certainly not better options. In fact it seems to be quite slim pickings out there....

Bayern don’t just go for any old manager - there’s a reason a 33 year old is taking over there. He was the outstanding candidate.

Rodgers isn’t going to happen despite some thinking that we are some amazingly more attractive option compared to Leicester, and Potter and Ten Hag I would be curious to see but they are certainly not better options. In fact it seems to be quite slim pickings out there....
It is slim pickings
And I’d argue Bayern do go for nay manager as that’s how they ended up with Flick... he was the assistant and it was an easy move to give him the interim job. They then made it permanent at the end of the season. That was a calculated call IMO

and yes he is the outstanding candidate for them
As I say, he has shown that given a team with investment he can do really well
There is nothing wrong with that at all. They will invest in the team and he will win the league

kovac was an odd choice for them but again ... slim pickings

Would Dean Smith be an outside name? I’m not saying that he’s the perfect fit, but I do think that he has worked well generally with Aston Villa. He has them competitive in matches against the top sides, playing decent football and before Grealish’s injury, Villa were in contention for the top 6. For me he should be in contention as much as Potter is.

Appointments are often based on more than just ability

- It's clear (several media outlets including Ally Gold have reported) we are going to go for an attacking style
- Experience will also be important
- I suspect the club will avoid any manager with any "bad history/image", to me that's why the Sarri/Southgate/etc. will never happen

Hilarious that people think there are slim pickings .. literally hundreds of managers out there, personal lack of knowledge is not reflection of options

Those are the names for me, potentially with Allegri too.

Notable that all 3 of them work under DoFs, so us not having a proper DoF would mean that at Spurs they need to do more than they are used to today. Wonder whether we might get a DoF first?

Priority though, as others have said, is speed. I'd go for Rodgers personally, and then its a coin toss between Ten Haag and Potter - both have pluses and minuses and neither is risk-free. I'm not sure other options are going to miraculously appear who are better though

A
non-figuratively hundreds of managers out there, personal lack of knowledge is not reflection of options

Yes, but there are quite stringent criteria - I dont see us picking a random like Christian Gross again!

The chances are low that there is a name which meets the criteria which hasnt been picked up in the press or by the bookies or by people on here. Managers who have performed in a major league, managed a team of some size, ideally won something etc are a finite group

Yes, but there are quite stringent criteria - I dont see us picking a random like Christian Gross again!

The chances are low that there is a name which meets the criteria which hasnt been picked up in the press or by the bookies or by people on here. Managers who have performed in a major league, managed a team of some size, ideally won something etc are a finite group
Because everything is skewed by money

There are plenty of other options mate, just because we don't know/like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Rodgers has managed in CL before, Leicester isn't going to do anything in CL, I don't think that is a decision criteria for him.

People probably assumed we wouldn't do much too, yet made it to a CL final. Also, it's still a massive deal, and raises anyones profile. Leicester have a good team, made some shrewd purchases, completely rebuilt training centre like we have. We don't have as much allure over Leicester as people think in terms of footballing matters. It's not like he's leaving Burnley for Spurs. He's definitely gettable, but would be surprised to see him take them all the way to CL only to skip out when the time comes.

Ten Hag seems like an option

Ten Hag is a definite option, but the setup at Ajax very different to here. A bit like people discussing Germany, winning a title with Ajax or PSV are pretty much expected. Slight concern that not many Dutch coaches have made the grade in recent years, De Boer, Koeman was awful at Everton for example despite spending well. Lack of PL experience could be a factor.

Also as Football.London reported, he's very much embedded in Ajax. no guarentees he'll be as successful in an entirely different set up

It's not going to be Potter/Parker/etc. that simply don't have experience.

Potter's fairly experienced, managed in Uefa Cup, managed abroad, managed in PL and Championship. In terms of experience, he has more experience than Ten Hag.

No chance Parker.

Last edited:
Back