• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

There's only a certain distance which you can take a team like Leicester surely though isnt there? I mean, he's probably taken them to a top 4 finish - are they realistically going to win the league again? Or win the CL?
Or even stay in the top 4 again once Liverpool get themselves sorted out, hopefully we become a stronger challenger, Vardy retires (he's 34),...?

We certainly have a higher ceiling than Leicester and, in the opposite way to it being harder to see Leicester going much higher than they are, he'd be coming to Spurs when our star has fallen a lot so easier to show an improvement
The difference may be that Leicester's owners do not have expectations on their manager to consistently over achieve compared to the level of the investment they make into the playing squad? By rights we should be finishing in about 6th to 8th position in the PL but manager's who don't do considerably better than that get sacked very quickly at Spurs.

I think ManCity have proven that there's no such thing as ceilings in today's football. If Leicester's owners are willing to pump money into the club and we aren't, then they'll go much further than we do. Most players couldn't care less if they're playing for Leicester or Marine: they only look a the number of zeros on the check. A decade ago, living in London seem to hold some sway but it doesn't even look that way anymore.

I'm sure Messi or Ronaldo or even Mbappé would play for Leicester, if the money's right.
You are absolutely correct here. When my Dad was representing players the first question they would ask him when their club had agree a transfer fee for them wasn't who the club was that they had agreed the transfer with it was 'how much are they going to pay me a week?'.

I'm still wondering what happened that made Levy fire Jose..well what happened between the week we lost to Arsenal and Zagreb and the draw vs Everton....

I'm still wondering what happened that made Levy fire Jose..well what happened between the week we lost to Arsenal and Zagreb and the draw vs Everton....
'A majority of fans are likely to be angry about this ESL thing.... I'll throw them a bone and sack Jose to ensure they don't completely turn on me'???? :D

This ten Hag talk gathering pace.

Meh.
Seems a good coach, I thought his Ajax team played fantastic football that year that they probably should've won the CL.

Not sure how much say the manager at Ajax gets into their recruitment but I had always assumed not too much (in terms of buys anyway). If so then he would seem the ideal type of manager to work with a DoF.

Seems a good coach, I thought his Ajax team played fantastic football that year that they probably should've won the CL.

Not sure how much say the manager at Ajax gets into their winkietossiewoo but I had always assumed not too much (in terms of buys anyway). If so then he would seem the ideal type of manager to work with a DoF.
From what I’ve seen and heard of him he comes across as class
And the football is quality too

Tottenham Hotspur look set to suffer an early blow in their attempt to replace Jose Mourinho, with Bayern Munich closing in on the appointment of the Premier League club’s top target Julian Nagelsmann.

And that will only increase the pressure on Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who was already facing calls to go from supporters who were angered by the club’s involvement in the failed European Super League plan.

Ajax manager Erik ten Hag is now expected to move up Tottenham’s list of targets, which is also understood to include Ralf Rangnick, while there is admiration for England manager Gareth Southgate.

Mourinho was sacked last week by Tottenham, who hoped to join the front of the queue for Nagelsmann but German sources claim the RB Leipzig manager has agreed to succeed Hansi Flick at Bayern and Spurs fear they have lost out on the 33-year-old.

Nagelsmann had been identified as the perfect candidate to reintroduce an exciting, progressive brand of football to Tottenham next season, something Ten Hag could also promise.

It was under Ten Hag that Ajax reached the Champions League semi-finals two years ago which they lost to Spurs, then managed by Mauricio Pochettino, and the Dutch club are comfortably in the lead in the Eredivisie table again this season.

Ten Hag will only have a year remaining on his Ajax contract at the end of the season, meaning any compensation fee should not be out of Tottenham’s reach.

Tottenham considered Rangnick, who is currently out of work, before hiring Andre Villas-Boas in 2012 and the German, who last managed RB Leipzig in 2019, was considered for the Chelsea post earlier this year before the club appointed Thomas Tuchel.

Rangnick is credited with influencing the likes of Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Jurgen Klopp and Ralph Hassenhuttl, and has also been a director of football, as well as a manager.

Southgate is well liked by Tottenham and his close relationship with Harry Kane means that he would have at least one high-profile supporter inside the club’s dressing-room.

But England’s involvement in the European Championships would complicate any approach and Southgate is believed to be keen to remain in his role for the next World Cup in Qatar in 2022.

Brendan Rodgers, who would be among Tottenham’s top targets, is not thought to be interested in leaving Leicester City at this point in time with the club in the final of the FA Cup and competing for Champions League qualification for next season.

Belgium coach Roberto Martinez is believed to be keen on a return to club management after the Euros, but, as in the case of Southgate, Tottenham would have difficulties in making a firm approach before the end of the tournament.

There are a lot of good articles about his tactical style online. He was also Bayern II coach when Pep was there.

Interesting that ten Hag didnt ever play for Ajax. They dont ever seem to have non-Ajax people in their management or leadership

Back