• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Yes we would
He wouldn’t stop playing
And if he wants to leave he needs to keep performing or he ends up like Eriksen with less and less options
And he has 3 years left
We don’t need him to sign a new contract

Tbh I think he either runs his contract down or we sell him. Would be unwise for him to sign a new contract with us.

That sentiment is true but I don’t get why it only seems to get applied to Kane and Son, our two best players. We’d win the league if every player in the team was as good as those two. Kane and son would win the lot if they played for City, Chelsea, Liverpool or United

It obviously doesn't just apply to those two, but that was the post I was replying to, I didn't set the criteria.

None taken.
We certainly would not win tge league with a team full of lamela and Bergwijn players.
I feel that Harry has realised that he isn't going to win trophies here (which is a diabolical liberty, and not his fault) and has switched his focus.
I have nothing but admiration for Harry, but he isn't going to get his dues here and I don't see that changing tbh.
My only gripe with him is that he wants to play every minute of every game.
That's not good for him or the club.

He’s not smart with how he manages his body that’s for sure. I just feel we take him for granted because of how good he is. It’s like people expect him to get a goal or an assist every game. He’s great but he’s not Messi or ronaldo. Him and Son have carried us for the most part this season. It’s Jose’s negative tactics and the tinkle-poor CB’s that have screwed us this season. To think we could potentially have two players with more than 30 league goals between them and still miss out on Europe is quite staggering.

He’s not smart with how he manages his body that’s for sure. I just feel we take him for granted because of how good he is. It’s like people expect him to get a goal or an assist every game. He’s great but he’s not Messi or ronaldo. Him and Son have carried us for the most part this season. It’s Jose’s negative tactics and the tinkle-poor CB’s that have screwed us this season. To think we could potentially have two players with more than 30 league goals between them and still miss out on Europe is quite staggering.

I'd love to think it's just Jose, but it's not.
We've had pathetic displays like tonight and Sunday for as long as I can remember (although tonight was a whole other level).
There something wrong at the club, and tbh if after 16 months and a squad with players like Kane, Son, PEH, NDombele, bale can't get us even standing still then I don't know what the answer is.

We've had pathetic displays like tonight and Sunday for as long as I can remember (although tonight was a whole other level).
There something wrong at the club, and tbh if after 16 months and a squad with players like Kane, Son, PEH, NDombele, bale can't get us even standing still then I don't know what the answer is.

I don’t think tonight was another level, I’ve seen that before, a hundred times.

Fair enough mate. I just don’t get why some posters dig out Kane but constantly big up the squad players who score 1-5 goals a season just because they run around a lot.

It wasn't meant as a dig, although rereading the original post I can see why it could be taken that way.
I don't expect any player or duo to win win us games on their own. I also don't think any one player costs us games very often.
Ultimately I think Harry in his eagerness to be all thngs to all men hurts his performance and that of the team by knackering himself out over a long gruelling season.

It’s not all Jose I agree. But he’s cost us 3 points in at least 4 or 5 games this season but going 1-0 up and settling for that and not going for another goal. I don’t buy his BS about not setting up the team to sit back. I can’t see players like Kane, Son, Bale, Lamela, Ndombele etc intentionally playing rope a dope football unless they were instructed to.

I’ve said for years I don’t believe this club functions best when people expect things of us. How many knockout games/games to win and go top or put pressure on the leaders did we lose? We play our best when we go under the radar. I’d actually give us a fighting chance in the league cup final for that reason alone. No one expects us to beat city in the final.

It’s not all Jose I agree. But he’s cost us 3 points in at least 4 or 5 games this season but going 1-0 up and settling for that and not going for another goal. I don’t buy his BS about not setting up the team to sit back. I can’t see players like Kane, Son, Bale, Lamela, Ndombele etc intentionally playing rope a dope football unless they were instructed to.

I’ve said for years I don’t believe this club functions best when people expect things of us. How many knockout games/games to win and go top or put pressure on the leaders did we lose? We play our best when we go under the radar. I’d actually give us a fighting chance in the league cup final for that reason alone. No one expects us to beat city in the final.
City might beast themselves, I don't see us beating them.

Because you can probably separate the club into players who more often than not can be counted on -> Kane, Son, PEH, Ndombele, Lucas, Lamela and players that more often that not just aren't good enough both technically and mentally -> Dier, Toby, Winks, Sissoko, Davies.

Said it elsewhere, Jose may have failed miserably with us (and to some extent with United), but it's not because he didn't see things, his comments about nice guys rings in my ears every time we have one of these nights.

Is there a danger we are going to end up with a Liverpool/Stevie g situation? Without the trophies obviously.
Everything set up to play around him and when he has a bad day or out it all falls apart?
Not that I'm blaming him for tonight, that was utter gash and tge only ones to come out it with a y credit are lucas and Sanchez.

Is there a danger we are going to end up with a Liverpool/Stevie g situation? Without the trophies obviously.
Everything set up to play around him and when he has a bad day or out it all falls apart?
Not that I'm blaming him for tonight, that was utter gash and tge only ones to come out it with a y credit are lucas and Sanchez.

He's tired and carrying a knock, and Son wasn't there.

The similarities are probably the fact that I remember Pool grinding Torres and Gerrard into the ground, playing them with knocks, etc and IMO, broke them as players earlier than needed.

I put yesterday on Mourinho. Because:

A) We had a reasonably comfortable lead from the first leg (of course nothing is really comfortable when it comes to Spurs, but that's another story).
B) Kane was clearly tired from playing a lot lately.
C) Our back up striker has done quite all right in the EL.

The only sensible thing in that situation is to start Vinicius and bench Kane. Then, if brick is hitting the fan, you have a fresh legged Kane to raise havoc in their tiring defence. Instead we ran Kane into the ground, and him being equally tired wasn't able to punish them.

That decision is on Mourinho. Whatever Kane says and however much he wants to play, Mourinho is in charge and is obliged to see the bigger picture here. He should've benched Kane.

That said, even fudging prime Maradona up front wouldn't have been enough to save us from that gutless, spinless, tinkle poor overall performance we put on yesterday. Deary me, that was so depressing.

Kane deserves to be winning things he is good enough too for sure, he is 28 this summer and i think with all the injurys he has suffered will probably not play that many years at the top level. No one wants him to go but he will if we keep failing ( and i could not blame him for wanting/doing so.

Hate saying this but IF we could get a record fee for him it would at least enable us to buy the players we need to take over from the ones who can not do it anymore. We all can see that with our own eyes that some of the players are going through the motions ( some of the same ones who got Poch sacked)

Kane deserves to be winning things he is good enough too for sure, he is 28 this summer and i think with all the injurys he has suffered will probably not play that many years at the top level. No one wants him to go but he will if we keep failing ( and i could not blame him for wanting/doing so.

Hate saying this but IF we could get a record fee for him it would at least enable us to buy the players we need to take over from the ones who can not do it anymore. We all can see that with our own eyes that some of the players are going through the motions ( some of the same ones who got Poch sacked)

I agree on selling him and rebuilding.
By the time we rebuild without the funds we could raise from selling him Harry will probably be past his peak. Its that big a job.
It's sad, but it's probably best for everyone.

Back