• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

it's all about options!

I agree regarding Potter
but like Scott, a lot and wouldn't write off Fat Frank because of the Chelsea background.

So basically it boils down to:

A) Manager that has won things in relavent leagues that doesn't spend huge sums of money but develops players, and players this swashbuckling type of football ... the "tottenham way" (whatever the fudge that means, and really unsuccessful)

Does this manager exist?

B) Up and coming manager who plays great football and needs some sort of chance at the expense of the foundations we have laid at the club.

Most would have a brick fit if the likes if a relatively unknown manager comes in.

We will never learn. Either accept mediocrity and have inconsistent games, never to challenge for titles. Or win titles at all costs.

Pochettino is a unicorn in the managerial arena, ultimately though even he failed. People were calling for his head before he got sacked instead of giving him the time to rebuild his squad.

All of them
They were much worse under hughton
Their foot all was awful and they limped over the line

CH is a defensive manager, it’s the way he set up.

just because the football is better than the last manager doesn’t mean his improved the players.
I’m not sure that’s improving the players, also he’s improved them so much they will be 4th bottom again - they have the 5th highest net spend in the past 5 years - which of course isn’t all potter.

CH is a defensive manager, it’s the way he set up.

just because the football is better than the last manager doesn’t mean his improved the players.
I’m not sure that’s improving the players, also he’s improved them so much they will be 4th bottom again - they have the 5th highest net spend in the past 5 years - which of course isn’t all potter.
Hey it’s all about opinions
I’ve seen them out plus much more expensively assembled hyped teams but lack the striker to get them the goals
That’s not unusual for teams at their level other than of course out playing those sides
Pep even said it two weeks ago about him and them

What about Jardim? He's still available.
He did a good job at Monaco before the whole team was basically sold.
Don't know loads about him but just seen he wasn't in a job

Could this change happen earlier than we think - only one man has a bigger hard on for mourinho than levy and that is florentino perez.

Madrid are about to lose at home to levante so maybe perez gives zidane the boot and comes calling for mourinho.

An honest chat between levy and mourinho could see them agree its for the best - spurs simply dont have the tools for mourinho to build one of his great sides of the past.

Would be classic levy for this to happen and get the likely big compo to release him.

Then go all out for nagelsmann.

Could this change happen earlier than we think - only one man has a bigger hard on for mourinho than levy and that is florentino perez.

Madrid are about to lose at home to levante so maybe perez gives zidane the boot and comes calling for mourinho.

An honest chat between levy and mourinho could see them agree its for the best - spurs simply dont have the tools for mourinho to build one of his great sides of the past.

Would be classic levy for this to happen and get the likely big compo to release him.

Surely no man will ever have a bigger hard-on for Jose Mourinho than Jose Mourinho. Nice idea though.

We have lost 4 league games from 19. Liverpool twice, Everton and Leicester. All 3 are having good seasons so far. We could have had and maybe should have had around another 9/10 points but for defensive lapses. I didn't want Poch out or Jose in but he's here and doing a decent job. Style wise the football hasn't been up there with Liverpool/City or even Villa this season but there have been some cracking moves and goals when the team has clicked. We have booked a place in the League Cup final, we may lose against an in form City we may not. Through to the 5th round of the FA Cup. Into the last 32 of the Europa. The season may go downhill fast or it may turn out well, time will tell but one thing for sure is that Jose will be in charge until the end of this season at the very least so we just have to face up to it. With Spurs we always get our hopes up no matter who's in charge and have failed on so many occasions in the last 30 years that I'm actually not fussed about Jose being our manager and some kind of anti-christ character. I'm at the point where I just want him to do a good job, hopefully win us a trophy or two or three, and then move on in another year or so as he always seems to do.

Isn’t getting results? Is there not some sort of middle ground here? We have had some poor results for sure, but also some damn good ones. Do you want to show me all the sides that have consistently got good results throughout the season and have pulled way ahead of us? Emirates Marketing Project apart who are on another level, as I thought Liverpool would be yet even after our defeat to them we will be only a point behind them if we take advantage of our game in hand. In a cup final, seen no reason why we can’t go deep in the Europa at the very least too. And despite the apparent disaster that we are only a couple of points off top 4 having played one of the toughest teams twice.

It’s interesting watching the pattern that has developed with certain sections of this forum under Mourinho - go on a decent run and nothing is made of it, a single defeat and his job is apparently under threat. The funny thing is I can almost guarantee Levy hasn’t even thought about pulling the trigger, but it is entertaining watching posters get their knickers in a twist nonetheless....

Both of these posts are spot on but they contain too much sense for some.

Stayed off here since the game because i just knew that there would be a lot of posts " bed wetting" " over reacting opinions" and low and behold this thread it self proves the point.

As for the bolded bit above is spot on, there were posters who made it clear from day one that they disliked Jose and never wanted him here and they are now rubbing their hands in glee to try and prove their point, despite as you say we are still in the race for 4 competitions. Sad really.

Both of these posts are spot on but they contain too much sense for some.

Stayed off here since the game because i just knew that there would be a lot of posts " bed wetting" " over reacting opinions" and low and behold this thread it self proves the point.

As for the bolded bit above is spot on, there were posters who made it clear from day one that they disliked Jose and never wanted him here and they are now rubbing their hands in glee to try and prove their point, despite as you say we are still in the race for 4 competitions. Sad really.

Spot on.

If jose wants to succeed and see it out at spurs I have no doubt he can and will. Its a big if, but I have not seen or read anything about him agitating done sort of negativity about the club.

Some just want shot of him no matter what he does. The Liverpool game highlighted for me that our players are not good enough at this current moment and it's up to him to work with them until he is backed in the market.

He guffed it against Liverpool but that's one game where I thought we looked ruderless. This was compound by the fact Harry got injured and aurier threw his toys out.

Funny though some question auriers mentality ... what about some of the motives and mentality of some of our fans.

Just follow some silly narrative about jose.

Ill continue to back him until he is out of the door. Let the man have the chance to turn it around and see what he can do. I'm all for having this discussion about him getting axed out staying at the end of the season.

That would be perfect! Get rid of Jose, and get some cash for him too, rather than having to pay him off!

Anyone got Perez's number?

Some just want shot of him no matter what he does.

This and the usual stuff @parklane1 trots out whenever anyone dare questions the manager is pure gonad*s.

If he looked like he could take us forward and improve people would be happy enough with him in charge.

Why would anyone want to stick with a manager they don't think is going to succeed?

I'm able to explain and debate my position on Jose mate and I'm all ears if you have something of note to say on the subject for a change

Where Jose is concerned you have a closed mind on him as you posts mainly show. Fine that is your opinion. Repeat, repeat, repeat its obvious to some ( not just me) that you never wanted him here and never slow in having a dig at him.

I have no idea if we will win anything with him ( and neither do you) but some have already made their mind up and want him gone, if you need any proof of that do yourself a favour and read back through this thread that was started by another poster who dislikes him.

Back