• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

The argument that the squad isn't good enough is a load of crap. Bar City and Liverpool our squad matches up to anyone else's in the league.
It is comfortably a top 4 squad and saying it is not good enough is just making excuses for Mourinho underperforming with it.

Really? Our defense is a joke.

Our defence is the only area that is weak. But look at Liverpool, they've non-stop injuries in defence. They're using CMs and kids there, but they are organised, the players know what's expected and they are coping. A million miles away from us.

Our defence is the only area that is weak. But look at Liverpool, they've non-stop injuries in defence. They're using CMs and kids there, but they are organised, the players know what's expected and they are coping. A million miles away from us.
They defend from the front so their defence doesn’t get exposed
I mean it’s simple when you have a set up you have worked 5 years to perfect
They all know their jobs too
Hence why players can drop in
I think our squad has a massive issue with people being here too long. Regardless of their talent or ability so many players have stagnated and not progressed here which is a huge issue
Their may be talent there and people will argue the quality is there but no one is convincing me the mentality is
To me it peaked on the final season at the lane when the team couldn’t be beaten
They knew it before they went on the pitch
We’re a ling way from that now with a team that knows that we always have a player or two who will be the oppositions best player

Yes, they've had five years to perfect it, but new players and kids fit in seamlessly.
I don't see any progress in the time that Mourinho has been here that any of our players know what they're doing beyond get it to Son and Kane.

Defences win games and titles. Mourinho builds his team on Defences.

Liverpool have struggled this season and are now many points above us?

We have had games where we should have seen out if it had not been for our defence.

Having dier, sanchez, an ageing alder and a novice in Rodon is not even close to being good enough. Full backs are not good enough bar reggie.

Defences win games and titles. Mourinho builds his team on Defences.

Liverpool have struggled this season and are now many points above us?

We have had games where we should have seen out if it had not been for our defence.

Having dier, sanchez, an ageing alder and a novice in Rodon is not even close to being good enough. Full backs are not good enough bar reggie.
Those games should have been put to bed long before the defence messed up.
And it's not defences that win titles, you can have the best defence and a crap attack and win fudge all.

Those games should have been put to bed long before the defence messed up.
And it's not defences that win titles, you can have the best defence and a crap attack and win fudge all.

I think you will find the best teams have the best defences in the league, easier to win a match 1-0 than 4-3 every game.

I think you will find the best teams have the best defences in the league, easier to win a match 1-0 than 4-3 every game.
They usually are in the top 2 for both attack and defence. One of the main reason they are usually in the top for defence is that they have the majority of the ball and are constantly attacking.

I think that we should also remember that the argument in favour of Mourinho from some was that he would have an immediate impact on a good squad who were just being held back by a lack of winning meteorology (which Mourinho would provide). It turns out that the last manager wasn't doing so bad after all.

He was doing bad, that Jose is now also doing bad doesn't change that.

Yes, they've had five years to perfect it, but new players and kids fit in seamlessly.
I don't see any progress in the time that Mourinho has been here that any of our players know what they're doing beyond get it to Son and Kane.
He has been here 1 year plus the odd 2 month period when everyone was at home (but or players didn’t quite manage that)
The playing side may not have improved but the actual points gained has
Ultimately that’s the measure as the league will be won on lower points this season
But we all want better football

They usually are in the top 2 for both attack and defence. One of the main reason they are usually in the top for defence is that they have the majority of the ball and are constantly attacking.
Yep
The years we should have arguably won the league we hit those numbers as you say

Just laugh at all, what a backlash after the Liverpool game. Im sure he will learn and is making it clear to levy who he needs and wants to ship out.

Pointy shouty supporters always come out during a bad spell. Some calm is needed and yes again let's pick this up at the end of the season.

Just off topic, how many of our defenders are capable of playing for whoever comes in next.

He has been here 1 year plus the odd 2 month period when everyone was at home (but or players didn’t quite manage that)
The playing side may not have improved but the actual points gained has
Ultimately that’s the measure as the league will be won on lower points this season
But we all want better football

4 points better off over the same period last season - you might consider that a good job or an improvement but 9 signings and 127m later i expect more.

It's par at best.

Last edited:
Just laugh at all, what a backlash after the Liverpool game. Im sure he will learn and is making it clear to levy who he needs and wants to ship out.

Pointy shouty supporters always come out during a bad spell. Some calm is needed and yes again let's pick this up at the end of the season.

Just off topic, how many of our defenders are capable of playing for whoever comes in next.
It’s not just the Liverpool game, it’s a culmination of performances and league results since beating Goons:
Palace - dropped points by losing initiative after taking lead
Liverpool - I thought we were unfortunate to lose and deserved at least a draw, the pain was conceding a late goal
Leicester- completely outplayed and never looked a threat
Wolves - dropped points by losing initiative after taking the lead
Leeds - good 3-0 win, only clean sheet in this run
Fulham - dropped points by losing initiative after taking the lead
Sheff United - good win
Liverpool close first half marred by conceding at the end while the game was stable. Second half capitulation, rarely threatened after going behind.

So out of 8 games, drew 3 by being negative, lost a tight one to a top 4 team, completely outplayed by two top 4 teams and beat two teams as expected. One clean sheet in that time. Hopefully it’s something we turn around but if we’d started the season with 9 points from 8 games questions would be asked. If we can deliver the same results from period before, when we were taking 2 points a game and were unfortunate to drop 4 more against Spammers and Saudi Sportswashing Machine then the mood and confidence will naturally improve. The next handful of games without Kane and Reguillon do not feel me with great optimism based on the last handful with them though.
It can change quickly of course and my position is one of concern rather than one of wanting an immediate change - I’m sure the exact opposite is now being posted about Arteta on a Goons message board somewhere, but it’s easier to afford patience and optimism when the form is improving instead of declining.

A fair question on our defenders, l think you could make a case for one replacement across the back 4, any more would be a massive upheaval along with the challenges we already seem to have moving players on - keeping one of Doherty or Aurier, Rodon, Reggie and one of Dier, Toby and Davies as I think combined they just aren’t mobile enough. I’m still a huge fan of Tanganga and would like to see him involved due to his mobility and comfort on the ball. I know Dier divides opinion on here but he appears at the scene of too many crimes for me to be convinced he isn’t on some way culpable! Sanchez is completely surplus to requirements. The internal challenge for Jose may be whether he asked for Dier and Toby to be given contracts or Levy encouraged it for financial reasons.

Last edited:
It’s not just the Liverpool game, it’s a culmination of performances and league results since beating Goons:
Palace - dropped points by losing initiative after taking lead
Liverpool - I thought we were unfortunate to lose and deserved at least a draw, the pain was conceding a late goal
Leicester- completely outplayed and never looked a threat
Wolves - dropped points by losing initiative after taking the lead
Leeds - good 3-0 win, only clean sheet in this run
Fulham - dropped points by losing initiative after taking the lead
Sheff United - good win
Liverpool close first half marred by conceding at the end while the game was stable. Second half capitulation, rarely threatened after going behind.

So out of 8 games, drew 3 by being negative, lost a tight one to a top 4 team, completely outplayed by two top 4 teams and beat two teams as expected. One clean sheet in that time. Hopefully it’s something we turn around but if we’d started the season with 9 points from 8 games questions would be asked. If we can deliver the same results from period before, when we were taking 2 points a game and were unfortunate to drop 4 more against Spammers and Saudi Sportswashing Machine then the mood and confidence will naturally improve. The next handful of games without Kane and Reguillon do not feel me with great optimism based on the last handful with them though.
It can change quickly of course and my position is one of concern rather than one of wanting an immediate change - I’m sure the exact opposite is now being posted about Arteta on a Goons message board somewhere, but it’s easier to afford patience and optimism when the form is improving instead of declining.

A fair question on our defenders, l think you could make a case for one replacement across the back 4, any more would be a massive upheaval along with the challenges we already seem to have moving players on - keeping one of Doherty or Aurier, Rodon, Reggie and one of Dier, Toby and Davies as I think combined they just aren’t mobile enough. I’m still a huge fan of Tanganga and would like to see him involved due to his mobility and comfort on the ball. I know Dier divides opinion on here but he appears at the scene of too many crimes for me to be convinced he isn’t on some way culpable! Sanchez is completely surplus to requirements. The internal challenge for Jose may be whether he asked for Dier and Toby to be given contracts or Levy encouraged it for financial reasons.
All those are fair calls except your comments about Leicester. We were comfortable before the head butt into a players back by Aurier
They had 3 shots by that point
And or course their second goal came from a shocking static sissoko being out jumped by the smaller man. But the second half was really poor

Ah
They add in Lo Celso money to it... odd but there you go
I’d also say that you would have to look at net spend as that’s what’s always use for Pochs comparison isn’t it
So that’s £76m dead using their numbers
Shows how much more work is needed to fix the squad

I think that's semantics really.

I'm not seeing the improvement in points that your posts mentions.

Back