• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I wasn't complaining about Rodon, looks a good young player - but another CB of that level in alongside him isn't going going to transform our defence. Gazza seems to think we're going to buying 3 Diaz level defenders to play next to Reggie - i think he needs a bit of a reality check

Is that what I said? Jog on.

A quality CB can do wonders even for Dier. You only have to look at the defenders playing alongside Vvd when he is in the team vs when he is out. TAA has been shocking but obviously turned up against us.

Those things aren't changing though mate, no club gives managers free reign with signings.

Some clubs operate differently, klopp, pep, Chelsea in general, United, ... oh its only the successful clubs and possibly others too like Everton, West ham just to name a few in the prem.

Is that what I said? Jog on.

A quality CB can do wonders even for Dier. You only have to look at the defenders playing alongside Vvd when he is in the team vs when he is out. TAA has been shocking but obviously turned up against us.

You want us to improve the back line and have only named checked Diaz & VVD - perhaps you should explain yourself a little better if that's not what you meant?

Do you know why VVD cost 70m+?

Because players like him don't grow on trees. Good luck finding another - and if you do there will be a big queue for him.

Look at the money everyone has thrown at CBs the last 5-10 years.

Some clubs operate differently, klopp, pep, Chelsea in general, United, ... oh its only the successful clubs and possibly others too like Everton, West ham just to name a few in the prem.

You clearly haven't got a clue what you're talking about - you think all those clubs managers identify and buy all their players?

You want us to improve the back line and have only named checked Diaz & VVD - perhaps you should explain yourself a little better if that's not what you meant?

What coz i have not dropped a scouting list. They are prime examples surely even you can understand the point that it will take an upgrade in our backline to suite mourinhos tactics.

Do you know why VVD cost 70m+?
Thanks for the update, I didn't have a clue.

Because players like him don't grow on trees. Good luck finding another - and if you do there will be a big queue for him.
There are other players about that can improve our defence, an upgrade on any of our CBs will improve our team no?

Look at the money everyone has thrown at CBs the last 5-10 years.
So essentially we have not addressed the market with priority defensively? We were running on fumes with alder and verts who were very accomplished, niether broke key figures in the market, even during that time.

You clearly haven't got a clue what you're talking about - you think all those clubs managers identify and buy all their players?

You seem to think you have an insight into their dealings? I have not once heard the managers mention anything about not wanting this player or management brining in players on their behalf.

You seem to have all the clues apparently but no idea.

We're running at a ppg of 66 over the course of the season and currently only 4 points better off than this stage last season despite that including 12 games of brick that got Poch sacked. That's getting results is it?
You keep making points comparisons to other seasons, which is pointless because each season has different variables. Clearly Covid has meant a massive difference in points totals and has grouped teams closer together than usual. In some seasons our current points total would have us lower, in other seasons higher. All that’s truly relevant is where we are in this season, and we are still realistically in with a shout of at least achieving top 4 and a trophy. All I’m really saying is whilst I do agree with some of your criticisms of Jose I just want to see where we are at at the end of this topsy turvy season before making any true judgements....

Anyway billy "yiddo" I'm offski to watch the footie, you enjoy pulling your hair out (if there is any left) ... mourinho is staying atleast until the summer, let's hope that he wins all of his remaining games and brings some silverware. Im backing him to find a solution and go on a run of games. COYS.

@Gazza

It was only yesterday that you were pushing me for managers who would do better than Jose and then you ignored me when i didn't - so why should i not pay you the same courtesy on CBs?

You seem to think you have an insight into their dealings? I have not once heard the managers mention anything about not wanting this player or management brining in players on their behalf.

You seem to have all the clues apparently but no idea.

All those clubs have sporting directors and the like, it's common knowledge. City, Chelsea and United widely known for it. It's how football works these days mate.

Edit : enjoy the game and don't worry i have plenty of hair to pull at

You keep making points comparisons to other seasons, which is pointless because each season has different variables. Clearly Covid has meant a massive difference in points totals and has grouped teams closer together than usual. In some seasons our current points total would have us lower, in other seasons higher. All that’s truly relevant is where we are in this season, and we are still realistically in with a shout of at least achieving top 4 and a trophy. All I’m really saying is whilst I do agree with some of your criticisms of Jose I just want to see where we are at at the end of this topsy turvy season before making any true judgements....

Cool, come back then and we'll see whether Mourinho shows himself worth sticking with.

As I've said all along there's no point replacing him till the summer.

Nagelsmann would be my pick, but reckon he's off to Bayern München. Hassenhutl maybe? I'd take Brendan Rogers, to be honest.

It’s interesting watching the pattern that has developed with certain sections of this forum under Mourinho - go on a decent run and nothing is made of it, a single defeat and his job is apparently under threat

Not quite as extreme as that but yes - his football is so bad that he's only just tolerated if he gets results. If we're going to be a EL team under Jose, what is the point in him? Lev would come to the same conclusion - our brand is getting increasingly damaged, fans will stay away,..-

Not quite as extreme as that but yes - his football is so bad that he's only just tolerated if he gets results. If we're going to be a EL team under Jose, what is the point in him? Lev would come to the same conclusion - our brand is getting increasingly damaged, fans will stay away,..-

This is it. It's tolerable as long as you're getting results. But there's enough talent in this squad for us to be playing a completely different brand of football. So when you're not getting results, it's very hard to back.

Nagelsmann would be my pick, but reckon he's off to Bayern München. Hassenhutl maybe? I'd take Brendan Rogers, to be honest.

Rodgers, agreed. As I said yestreday - excellent football, very good signings, got results pretty wherever he's been, doesnt need to have megastars to play good football,...

I don’t see this being invoked until we are out of all cups and look like missing out on top 4.

Tricky one, the only downside to Rodgers seems to be his public persona and maybe the compo.
Nagelsman has a good up and coming rep but untested outside Bundesliga or won anything yet.
Hassenhuttl I like but Southampton seem to have a set up that allows managers to succeed. I’d want to see where he actually finishes this season before considering him.
If we are looking domestically is Nuno under consideration or would the Mendes connection be too conflicting?

I can see the rationale of the above stylistically and that my have improved their current teams, whether any of them can get us over the winning line would be questionable but for most part they have not had the resources to do so, apart from Rodgers hoovering up the Scottish titles.

I expected to see Allegri on a list like this, I wonder what opportunity he is waiting for?
Historically we seem to change from figurehead manager types to coaching types, so even if Simeone ever wanted a change not sure his style would be suitable for our next cycle.
Gaperini could be a wild card as the antithesis of Jose ball.

I assume Parker and Lampard are jokes.

I don’t see this being invoked until we are out of all cups and look like missing out on top 4.

Tricky one, the only downside to Rodgers seems to be his public persona and maybe the compo.
Nagelsman has a good up and coming rep but untested outside Bundesliga or won anything yet.
Hassenhuttl I like but Southampton seem to have a set up that allows managers to succeed. I’d want to see where he actually finishes this season before considering him.
If we are looking domestically is Nuno under consideration or would the Mendes connection be too conflicting?

I can see the rationale of the above stylistically and that my have improved their current teams, whether any of them can get us over the winning line would be questionable but for most part they have not had the resources to do so, apart from Rodgers hoovering up the Scottish titles.

I expected to see Allegri on a list like this, I wonder what opportunity he is waiting for?
Historically we seem to change from figurehead manager types to coaching types, so even if Simeone ever wanted a change not sure his style would be suitable for our next cycle.
Gaperini could be a wild card as the antithesis of Jose ball.

I assume Parker and Lampard are jokes.

Parker and Lampard are doing OK and get their teams playing good football

I dont think someone like Allegri I don't know how to use the like button. We dont want a manager, like Jose, who is used to having all the cash they want and the pick of hte players which they want. That's not going to be available to a manager at Spurs

No way Parker or Lampard

Parker and Lampard are doing OK and get their teams playing good football
Lampard got a job at Chelsea due to his connections with the club and a situation where they had a transfer ban. We’ve made the mistake of recruiting one of the few managers incapable of winning a trophy with Chelsea’s spending power so don’t see us going down that road.
I’m not sure Parker would be in the running for any job for the top 10 teams in the league. I think your definition of good may be different to mine, as good football to me is effective football. Graham Potter’s Brighton play aesthetically pleasing possession based football and he has been successful in two previous roles - I think I’d prefer him above those two.

I dont think someone like Allegri I don't know how to use the like button. We dont want a manager, like Jose, who is used to having all the cash they want and the pick of hte players which they want. That's not going to be available to a manager at Spurs

No way Parker or Lampard
So whilst I agree being the richest team in the league can sway the rating of a managers ability, at least Allegri has done his time without a top budget.

I just thought due to his reputation for delivering silverware and being tactically astute, whilst being out of work means he is a more credible suggestion than a couple of managers who have 2 years experience.

Back