• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I've answered a similar post elsewhere but the squad isn't in that bad of a shape, the hard work has been done (and credit to Mourinho for whatever role he played in that)

2 x CBs (1 if he's a leader)
1 x RWF

job done
Another CM who can pass the ball.Apart from Tanguy there is little creativity. Just long balls.
Some will say Lo Celso but he’s been here long enough and the verdict is still out. Looks a decent player but not anywhere near Eriksen was and he’s been a miss.

Son and Kane can’t be happy playing in this manner. I hate seeing Kane dropping deep. As much as he’s capable he needs to be in and around the box occupying the CBs. Scoring Goals doing what he’s best at. Not clipping balls in behind for Son to chase.

I've had enough of Mourinho, to be honest. Sure, he's probably a nice guy deep down, and is a proven winner - but he's also getting older in the world of football. He doesn't seem able to keep up with the game. You can't just rely on playing to your opponents weaknesses, a team needs their own identity and playing to their strengths. We've seen very little of that since he took over. Mourinho works when he wins, but when he doesn't - what's the fudging point? With other managers you can see them trying to implement a system, get a team working - with us it's largely about individuals - Kane and Son doing something brilliant, Ndombele doing something great or Højbjerg fighting like a hero. I just don't see a team effort from us these days.

But I realize we're stuck with him for a while, so let's just hold out and hope for a brighter day eventually. fudging brick day to wake up to.

Sadly there's still awful performances, no different to what we saw during the last 10 months of Poch's reign.

The reality is, we have one hell of a squad on paper but not on the pitch. There are some first team players with unbelievable inconsistencies and then equally frustrating some of the performances in the cups, especially Europa League, has me feeling little confidence in our back up players.

Whilst disappointed by the tactics at times I don't think Mourinho is entirely at fault like some elude to. Our squad talks the talk but can't walk the walk, no trophies to show so far and then unbelievable inconsistencie Great one minute (Soton away, Man Utd away, Arsenal home) and then infuriatingly poor the next (West Ham home, Leicester home, last night).

Another game where, truth be told, i don't see what Jose has done that couldn't have been implemented by Poch had he been provided the same backing... As always, i still back Jose and he's our manager, and yes each of the 3 goals were mistakes, but there's so much more to unpick...

1) as i said in the OMT, we dont have defenders capable of not making mistakes, yet Jose's football requires that. He hasn't shown any adaption in his methods

2) From F365: "They might have lost because of “individual mistakes” but they failed to win because of one individual’s mistake in setting them up so counter-intuitively" - Henderson and Phillips as their CB's for the second half. And what did we do? Have our last shot on goal in the 48th minute. I'm pretty frustrated of banging this drum, but with the attacking ability we supposedly have, it's remarkable how little we do on attack. 2 shots on goal yesterday, 1 on target (48th min from PEH). After that, nowt

3) Subs are so frustrating, if you remove Kane, surely you have two ready made options to offer SOMETHING. Lamela isn't it. If you don't trust Vinicius (who was poor vs Wycombe), surely Bale up top could have been a better choice? or out wide with Son up top? Either way, i get he trusts Lamela, but that sub was a terrible decision to make and i don't get the decision to do that at all. And i've posted this a few times now, his subs are often questionable when we need to change or chase a game.

4) Everyone knows how we play, if you negate Son and Kane, we won't really score from anywhere else. Now some teams will struggle on this, but not all. Liverpool knew this, and simply put them away after the first 30mins. What is Jose's Plan B? I don't see it?

5) everyone had the same fear, is Jose yesterday's man? He's had a year now, he's brought in some of his own players, he's had time to work his methods, and we're no better off than under Poch who wans't afforded the same purse strings

Granted we have a game in hand, but we're 2 points behind West Ham, and 3 points ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea. Jose is not getting the best out of this squad, which on paper is a far better squad than several teams and at least equal to teams like Leicester and Man Utd.

Another game where, truth be told, i don't see what Jose has done that couldn't have been implemented by Poch had he been provided the same backing... As always, i still back Jose and he's our manager, and yes each of the 3 goals were mistakes, but there's so much more to unpick...

1) as i said in the OMT, we dont have defenders capable of not making mistakes, yet Jose's football requires that. He hasn't shown any adaption in his methods

2) From F365: "They might have lost because of “individual mistakes” but they failed to win because of one individual’s mistake in setting them up so counter-intuitively" - Henderson and Phillips as their CB's for the second half. And what did we do? Have our last shot on goal in the 48th minute. I'm pretty frustrated of banging this drum, but with the attacking ability we supposedly have, it's remarkable how little we do on attack. 2 shots on goal yesterday, 1 on target (48th min from PEH). After that, nowt

3) Subs are so frustrating, if you remove Kane, surely you have two ready made options to offer SOMETHING. Lamela isn't it. If you don't trust Vinicius (who was poor vs Wycombe), surely Bale up top could have been a better choice? or out wide with Son up top? Either way, i get he trusts Lamela, but that sub was a terrible decision to make and i don't get the decision to do that at all. And i've posted this a few times now, his subs are often questionable when we need to change or chase a game.

4) Everyone knows how we play, if you negate Son and Kane, we won't really score from anywhere else. Now some teams will struggle on this, but not all. Liverpool knew this, and simply put them away after the first 30mins. What is Jose's Plan B? I don't see it?

5) everyone had the same fear, is Jose yesterday's man? He's had a year now, he's brought in some of his own players, he's had time to work his methods, and we're no better off than under Poch who wans't afforded the same purse strings

Granted we have a game in hand, but we're 2 points behind West Ham, and 3 points ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea. Jose is not getting the best out of this squad, which on paper is a far better squad than several teams and at least equal to teams like Leicester and Man Utd.

Sadly we need Levy to act. He won't.

GHod I fudging hate Mourinho in every way. I know we've had far worse teams and performances in the past, but this is the least I've enjoyed supporting Spurs in as long as I can remember (I'm only 36 mind you!)

GHod I fudging hate Mourinho in every way. I know we've had far worse teams and performances in the past, but this is the least I've enjoyed supporting Spurs in as long as I can remember (I'm only 36 mind you!)
It reminds me of AVB’s tenure, when we get opened up the ‘keep it tight and try to nick one’ approach is neither effective or pretty.
Individual errors is one thing, but everything about the second half was turgid all over the pitch. Sometimes plans don’t come off but it’s hard to see what the plan was with the subs, we were in the game for the first 45 and handed them the impetus from the off, without the personnel or shape to increase our chances of scoring.
Next few games will be huge as without Kane it’s hard to see how a system so reliant on his passing to Son and holding the ball up is going to be successful.

I've answered a similar post elsewhere but the squad isn't in that bad of a shape, the hard work has been done (and credit to Mourinho for whatever role he played in that)

2 x CBs (1 if he's a leader)
1 x RWF

job done

Could say a lot here but you haven’t even mentioned another keeper
Hugo who was abysmal last night and we have no back up

Start from there

Basic schoolboy errors from your senior keeper spreads through the team

It reminds me of AVB’s tenure, when we get opened up the ‘keep it tight and try to nick one’ approach is neither effective or pretty.
Individual errors is one thing, but everything about the second half was turgid all over the pitch. Sometimes plans don’t come off but it’s hard to see what the plan was with the subs, we were in the game for the first 45 and handed them the impetus from the off, without the personnel or shape to increase our chances of scoring.
Next few games will be huge as without Kane it’s hard to see how a system so reliant on his passing to Son and holding the ball up is going to be successful.

Agree, and we're not paid £15m a year to decide, Jose is, and he's paid handsomly to figure it out.

Said 1000x times now like a broken record, our inability to attack is not by accident, it's by design. We should have no excuses for two shots on goal in 90 minutes, with our last shot on target in the 48th when you have Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Lucas.

I'm sorry, but that's brick.

We rarely do well against the Dippers but they were there for the taking last night but being honest I thought we were very lucky to get away with 3-1

im still shocked at how bad we were

End of season pay Jose off try and keep Kane Son PEH Tanguay Rodon and Skipp when he returns
I like Reggie but I would imagine he can’t wait to leave
Gio ok but poor fitness

After that I’m struggling and a big clear out needed unless we’re happy with mid table and the occasional cup run

Could say a lot here but you haven’t even mentioned another keeper
Hugo who was abysmal last night and we have no back up

Start from there

Basic schoolboy errors from your senior keeper spreads through the team

Lloris has been playing well this season, he's been widely praised for his form as has Mourinho and the coaching team for the turnaround post injury.

Jose is the reason why top class players can't play simple passes? When are we going to realise that we also need to kick our players' behind. Yesterday was disgusting. Offensively we made mistakes and defensively we made errors. Liverpool punished us for them.

Lloris has been playing well this season, he's been widely praised for his form as has Mourinho and the coaching team for the turnaround post injury.

So you were happy with his performance last night then?

The amateurish palm out ?
Failure to cut out a simple cross then blaming Aurier? (tbf Aurier didn’t track back either)
Not helping Rodon when he failed to clear a cross?
I have watched replays and he doesn’t say anything
He should have been screaming at Rodon to clear it

Right, I've crossed to the dark side. I'm in the Jose-out camp. I just can't see progress with him, think he's underachieving with the players he has and he's taking the joy out of supporting Spurs with terrible football. I know there is an argument that he needs time and that's how this will play out (i.e. he'll get time). But when you have the wrong man, you have the wrong man. We have the wrong man and time won't fix this in my opinion.

I think Mourinho is far from past it. It's such a cliche to say that he is a dinosaur or has not kept up to date with the modern game ... so rediculous.

Simple fact is that our team is ridden with under inconsistent performers. Name one defender that we have that is deemed world-class or gives ANY of you confidence when they play.

Our fringe players are simply not good enough to make any impact on the game. How can anyone blame Mourinho for his tactics when Kane has openly come out and says that its not Mourinho who tells them to sit back on a lead.

I think some still think that this Pochettino skeleton team is still going to hit some miraculous height fulfilling their potential.

After the CL final i think its fair to say that was their peak and its all downhill from there.

There is no manager out there, NONE, that can work with this lot. We need a full freshening up of the players.

The players brought in like Regi and Pierre have excelled, Doherty was a speculative purchase and looked like brilliant value for money, Carlos has not had the minutes to make much of a judgement, Bale will not be making any impact for us im afraid.

We have done well to stay with the pace so far and the season is far from over.

Its the players that need to have a look at themselves not Mourinho. He has already got us into a final.

Right, I've crossed to the dark side. I'm in the Jose-out camp. I just can't see progress with him, think he's underachieving with the players he has and he's taking the joy out of supporting Spurs with terrible football. I know there is an argument that he needs time and that's how this will play out (i.e. he'll get time). But when you have the wrong man, you have the wrong man. We have the wrong man and time won't fix this in my opinion.

It's not nice on the Darkside.
Mourinho will bugger it up and be gone. :)

Back