• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Hospitals at capacity appears to be a view that depends on which parts of the press you frequent.

Nightingale hospitals completely unused is the other end of the same truth.

The nightingale mess is ridiculous. It seems the resourcing of them with qualified staff was not a consideration.

And plenty of doctors are clear there are capacity issues right now. I am happy to believe them rather than the tinpot weirdos on the other side of the debate.

Motorway service stations seem like a good place to provide vaccinations too.

I think that people need to be observed for ten minutes after to check that they haven't had a reaction. People would probably need to leave their cars for that and you would want large buildings or you end up having to limit numbers. Sports halls seem ideal.

The nightingale mess is ridiculous. It seems the resourcing of them with qualified staff was not a consideration.

And plenty of doctors are clear there are capacity issues right now. I am happy to believe them rather than the tinpot weirdos on the other side of the debate.

Toby Young has been taken apart by a load of doctors on Twitter today. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to him. He's a known liar and fantasist, who will say anything for attention and takes contrary positions for cash.

Toby Young has been taken apart by a load of doctors on Twitter today. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to him. He's a known liar and fantasist, who will say anything for attention and takes contrary positions for cash.

clam who pretends to be a man of the people who's daddy got him into school. clam of the highest order.

I think that people need to be observed for ten minutes after to check that they haven't had a reaction. People would probably need to leave their cars for that and you would want large buildings or you end up having to limit numbers. Sports halls seem ideal.

they have got large foyer style buildings...

Possible but it would make it difficult for other customers to observe social distancing.

You’d dedicate them for jabs. There should be few people on the road anyway. You can keep the petrol stations open.

We are going to need hundreds of places doing thousands of jabs a day.
Multiplexes, Business parks.

I met him once. He was on a panel with the late Paddy Ashdown. Toby is an absolute prick

You’d dedicate them for jabs. There should be few people on the road anyway. You can keep the petrol stations open.

With these clowns in charge? Dream on.

How soon after a jab can people drive? I seem to remember that many tend to feel woozy for a while afterwards.

As the article says, they aren’t being used due to a lack of staff to run them. This was raised as a concern when they were built in the Spring. The staffing shortages are exacerbated at present due to doctors and nurses having to self-isolate/having covid.

Don't be disingenuous. It's a resource issue. We just don't have enough qualified folk to run the places.
Then ship in cheap staff.

It's not like we're after consultants, we need people capable of putting a needle in someone's arm and giving them a biscuit.

I don't think he's ever made a post that isn't disingenuous.
I try my best to keep posts at an accessible level for all, but clearly don't always achieve it.

Next time you don't understand one of them just let me know, I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Back