• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54535481

Pictures of large crowds gathering in Liverpool two hours before new Covid-19 restrictions came into effect "shame our city", its mayor has said.

Footage on social media showed people dancing and surrounding a police car in Concert Square at 22:00 BST.

Liverpool City Region is the only area in the top tier of the government's new system of coronavirus restrictions.

Mayor Joe Anderson said ignoring facts about the virus was "why we are in Tier 3 measures".

Look on the bright side, think of all the jobs created building and running prisons under @DTA laws for this lot.

Reactions: DTA
I think a 14 day "circuit breaker" done properly (including international travel restrictions), with the right bubble assignments and resources, backed with working test and trace will work

as long as everybody, and it has to be every body, does their bit

it won’t be 14 days

Its already creeping up to 21-28 days

I think a 14 day "circuit breaker" done properly (including international travel restrictions), with the right bubble assignments and resources, backed with working test and trace will work

as long as everybody, and it has to be every body, does their bit
Ah ... working test and trace
The shambles that is!!!

Preposterous to your wallet. Stiff upper lip and carry on while people around you die? Doesn't fly any more. You need to adapt, I thought psychopaths were good at that?

Stiff upper lip and we are all in it together have been exposed for the lies that they are. The ones calling for workers to be sacrificed so that the economy will not be damaged, don't see themselves as being on the firing line. Don't worry, they will be tucked away nice and safe.

Not being cheeky but how does that starve the virus?
Is not still out there when you open up again?
If we all hide away the virus won't bugger off.

the virus needs hosts, if you have it you can only pass it on for so long, if we stop infection it dies off

Thats the basic principle. Circuit breaker will work if the lockdown conditions are harsh.

The harsh conditions would also mean that people would perhaps be a little less of the c unts they are and more socially conscious, because they wouldn't want that hard a lock down again.

It will save lives, gives us a reset and after the harsh lock down allow the economy to open up again.

It would be better for the economy then months of a soft lock down, or even regional tiered lockdowns.

Philosophically I don't think a capitalist (of any nature) can accept that level of government control. Governments rarely know best and tend to be far less good at doing most things.

Power is a ratchet just like taxation and social spending. You don't get it back once it's given away.

This is a time of national emergency, I of course wouldn't want that level of control outside circumstances that necessitate them.

This is a time of national emergency, I of course wouldn't want that level of control outside circumstances that necessitate them.
"There's been a terrorist threat. It's a time of national emergency. We require all citizens to switch on their track and trace apps"

It seems strange to me to consider a lockdown while masks on transport / in shops and 14 day quarantines for exposure / travel are still voluntary.

If rules are optional then will always be 20-30% who won't partake.

It seems strange to me to consider a lockdown while masks on transport / in shops and 14 day quarantines for exposure / travel are still voluntary.

If rules are optional then will always be 20-30% who won't partake.

They're not voluntary, they are mandatory and you can be fined for not wearing a mask or for not quarantining.
Of course that's only effective with a) the requisite level of resources for enforcement (i.e. resources that can actually take enforcement measures, not toothless covid monitors) and b) the will of the authorities to take an enforcement approach in the first place.
Both seem to be lacking.

They're not voluntary, they are mandatory and you can be fined for not wearing a mask or for not quarantining.
Of course that's only effective with a) the requisite level of resources for enforcement (i.e. resources that can actually take enforcement measures, not toothless covid monitors) and b) the will of the authorities to take an enforcement approach in the first place.
Both seem to be lacking.

As you say, it's only mandatory if it's enforced effectively.

As it is, anyone can simply not wear a mask or not quarantine and nobody says anything. Also see lots of groups > 6 after the pubs shut and police stand and watch them.

It's essentially voluntary atm.

Last edited:
funny thing about this (and i know some people want to go back to "normal") but i can't see that ever happening personally.

I don't think one day they'll just take down those plastic see through dividers at counters? Or masks will be taken off and never come out in public again?

It is a new normal. Our children will likely grow up in a world where it's commonplace people wearing masks out and about for example.

Both seem to be lacking.

A vast amount of resources, even more for the likes of DTAs suggestions, yet there's doubt we could manage a safe shielding for the vulnerable?

funny thing about this (and i know some people want to go back to "normal") but i can't see that ever happening personally.

I don't think one day they'll just take down those plastic see through dividers at counters? Or masks will be taken off and never come out in public again?

It is a new normal. Our children will likely grow up in a world where it's commonplace people wearing masks out and about for example.

What a truly horrible existence.

Back