• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arrrgh! Winks is so frustrating! Three times he got the ball close to the half way line, under no pressure, and Son made fabulous runs behind their defence, but Winks ONLY thinks backwards, and passes it to Dier or Alderweireld. FFS try and have a look FORWARD!

Arrrgh! Winks is so frustrating! Three times he got the ball close to the half way line, under no pressure, and Son made fabulous runs behind their defence, but Winks ONLY thinks backwards, and passes it to Dier or Alderweireld. FFS try and have a look FORWARD!
He is literally a boring footballer, its like having Ray Wilkins in your team

Not too bad, this. We're doing quite well offensively. Doherty is going to add a lot to our game. Winks is yet again completely out of it, doesn't add anything to the side.
I've slowly been coming to the conclusion that Winks is shi......meh

I've been saying it for a while slyly hoping that he will prove me wrong and rekindle that playstyle we saw when he first came through but it's just not going to happen. [emoji30]

Long term it still looks like it's a case of 1 of Hojberg/Winks and maybe Sissoko paired with a more progressive player.

Doherty is looking quaoity, the rest is all slightly pah

I feel sorry for Kane, Son and Alli. The system isn't helping them and everything is so slow and deliberate behind them

The replacement for Walker we have been looking for the last few years - the only positive so far

Pretty even game at half-time - three good chances for us, two good chances for them.

In terms of individual match-ups, the biggest single differentiators have been James against Dele, and Richarlison against Lucas. Both Everton players have handily won the battle for influence against our lads, who have been anonymous.

Davies also having a bit of a shaky game, needs to be a bit sharper. And I'd bring on Ndombele for Alli.

if he's not going to pass foreward get the GOAT in there, we get more defensively, a ball carrier, and another speedy player on the break

Also it’s such a shame that Kane doesn’t get the pass he gave to Doherty, Son has and easier opportunity to roll him in on 1 on 1.

He’s a much better footballer then many give him credit for.

What happened to Winks? When he first came on the scene I swear he stood out as being brave and progressive on the ball.
I remember this too. Either over coached or the impertinence of youth? Post that injury he moves better but passes worse too?

What happened to Winks? When he first came on the scene I swear he stood out as being brave and progressive on the ball.

He was, but he's been a victim of being a bit of a utility player in that midfield - over time, he's been moulded by both Poch and then Mourinho to be the holder (a role he's pretty unsuited for), while someone else (Sissoko/Lo Celso/Ndombele) was designated as the forward player alongside him.

With Hojbjerg being basically identical as far as I can tell, we might need to drop Winksy for Gio when the latter's fit. Gio offers us the stability Winksy does, with a bit more forward passing and ball progression.

Lot of people shooting their load over Rodriguez. He’s been okay but nothing more. Am I missing something?
He hasn't been amazing but given what he has done today you can't help but think if we swapped him into our side we'd look a hell of a lot more dangerous that we have done.

Imagine Son or Moura being played into space or into the 1on1s as James has done for Richarlison.

Back