• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Mate.
In order to properly evaluate the US it is important that you recognize how big it is versus how many states have taken their own
action and ignored the Fed clowns. California was in shelter before most places. The nutters protesting? A spec of dust.

Maybe so but the contagious rate of this means that’s all it takes. The scenes in Jacksonville wasn’t a good look.

I see Lammy is on the attack about CV exposing the UKs divide in terms of race and culture.

I personally think Lammy could be a force for good but causes more tensions than he needs to, that said he might have a valid point in terms of those living in small densely populated areas.

Although if underlining conditions are a big threat with this that might also answer that as there is a big threat of diabetes in certain races due to poor diets. A lot of family trends of poor health in many.

Maybe so but the contagious rate of this means that’s all it takes. The scenes in Jacksonville wasn’t a good look.

Again, California acted on March 16th. The distance between California and Florida is over 3000 miles. Off the top of my head that is around the same as Britain to Turkey?

I am no fan of the government or system there, but it is important to note that states operate differently.

The nutters will be outweighed. Those nutters exist everywhere, they just don't "package as well" as the American ones.

Again, California acted on March 16th. The distance between California and Florida is over 3000 miles. Off the top of my head that is around the same as Britain to Turkey?

I am no fan of the government or system there, but it is important to note that states operate differently.

The nutters will be outweighed. Those nutters exist everywhere, they just don't "package as well" as the American ones.

Ohh of course but everywhere I look here as an example people are vigilant about those breaking the rules, we are a long way off protesting to say we want to be free of lockdown, even in low numbers.

And although I understand it’s probably selective reporting but I keep hearing the term “constitutional right” which also comes out about guns.

Is there any chance we can cut and paste the last 30 odd pages into the Politics thread and just go back to happy old days of chatting about toilet rolls?

Good Segway, plenty about now for sure.

What’s interesting is my local Tesco has gone full circle on stock, got too much now and loads of deals on what was previously low.

Funny old humans, although lockdown was coming there was no reports of a predicted shortage of anything yet everyone went nuts for loo roll and bread

Reactions: DTA
The English.

White English dont say sh*t about sh*t cos your racist. The rest of the world can do as it pleases.

Mate look after yourself your doing a wonderful job and i hope you and your family are well.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. All well so far. I hope you and your family are well too.

I don't post or read on here very often anymore (its mostly this topic which has brought me back to some extent) but I've seen bits here and there that you may have been unwell recently?

If so, I wish you nothing but good health and hope you're the worst of it and back to full health soon.

Reactions: DTA
Echo this BTW, we have some great chats and a difference of views Hooty baby but nothing but respect to you and your colleagues.

I’m keen to make sure now that you understand that any conversations on here with Hoots are purely a POV and never meant with any ill feeling, I find the convos eye opening and interesting even if people do think I’m a racist.

Thanks mate, appreciate this too and would completely agree. Never personal or meant with any ill feeling, hope you and your family are keeping well!

Glad you're finding them informative as well, I feel like sometimes in some ways I'm just preaching to the choir and to others, its just ignored but thanks for pointing out that's not the case.

Just out of interest and not that it makes a difference but is PPE full proof against Covid-19?

And this isn’t meant as an argument to defend the government it’s not as I accept that it’s been poor on PPE I’m just interested to see if PPE is full proof?

I imagine there would be some casualties from frontline staff as a nature of the job? Almost like line of duty? Again that’s not a defence or an argument I am honestly just curious to what would be the potential natural casualty list from being in the most contagious of environments, there must be an element of that?

If we're talking full on PPE, as long as you can put it on and take if off properly, it is 100% full-proof. Its one of the ways the Chinese finally got it under control in Hubei, their staff would work 4-6 hour shifts in the full gear (basically the hazmat suit stuff) with adult nappies included as you weren't supposed to get out of it when you got in.

I think Singapore have essentially avoided HCW Covid-19 as well, as have some hospitals in Italy by having the full and appropriate PPE.

Failing that, something is better than nothing but some workers are feeling pretty demoralised by the lack of it in some trusts right now. It isn't helped that the general morale of the staff has been gradually eroded over the past 5-10 years, which is very sad.

I agree that there would potentially be some casualties from frontline staff, though of course, unlike soldiers, healthcare workers don't sign up to potentially die at work. They are definitely avoidable though. Having said that, despite my criticisms, I acknowledge that the UK is currently in an unprecedented global bidding war for PPE so not everything is their fault in this instance.

Sadly, I think many HCWs have lost their trust of the government over the past 10 years and goodwill towards them and the NHS as a whole has dwindled, which doesn't help matters. I hope this changes soon as I genuinely think, for all its faults, the NHS and the idea behind it is one of the greatest things about this country.

As the last few pages have been a bit heavy all round, a little something to lighten the mood.

In some hospitals across the USA currently, they're playing 'Don't Stop Believing' when they extubate patients on the ITU.

And playing some ridiculous inspiring song every time they discharge a patient who's recovered from Covid.

There's a lot of things I love about that country and its people but they are cheesy as fudge. :D

As the last few pages have been a bit heavy all round, a little something to lighten the mood.

In some hospitals across the USA currently, they're playing 'Don't Stop Believing' when they extubate patients on the ITU.

And playing some ridiculous inspiring song every time they discharge a patient who's recovered from Covid.

There's a lot of things I love about that country and its people but they are cheesy as fudge. :D

I hate that song too, I’m a huge Cleveland Indians fan and couple of years ago they won 22 in a row and they turned it into don’t stop believeland so cheesy

If we're talking full on PPE, as long as you can put it on and take if off properly, it is 400% full-proof. Its one of the ways the Chinese finally got it under control in Hubei, their staff would work 4-6 hour shifts in the full gear (basically the hazmat suit stuff) with adult nappies included as you weren't supposed to get out of it when you got in.

I think Singapore have essentially avoided HCW Covid-19 as well, as have some hospitals in Italy by having the full and appropriate PPE.

Failing that, something is better than nothing but some workers are feeling pretty demoralised by the lack of it in some trusts right now. It isn't helped that the general morale of the staff has been gradually eroded over the past 5-10 years, which is very sad.

I agree that there would potentially be some casualties from frontline staff, though of course, unlike soldiers, healthcare workers don't sign up to potentially die at work. They are definitely avoidable though. Having said that, despite my criticisms, I acknowledge that the UK is currently in an unprecedented global bidding war for PPE so not everything is their fault in this instance.

Sadly, I think many HCWs have lost their trust of the government over the past 10 years and goodwill towards them and the NHS as a whole has dwindled, which doesn't help matters. I hope this changes soon as I genuinely think, for all its faults, the NHS and the idea behind it is one of the greatest things about this country.

So I'm curious if in the examples you mention people are wearing the gear for a full session yet in the UK it seems to be single use only per patient?

Thanks mate, appreciate it. All well so far. I hope you and your family are well too.

I don't post or read on here very often anymore (its mostly this topic which has bought me back to some extent) but I've seen bits here and there that you may have been unwell recently?

If so, I wish you nothing but good health and hope you're the worst of it and back to full health soon.

I had the virus and was in hospital thankfully not to bad. I also have Parkinson's and was actually in china in January for stem cell therapy. My treatment went well and im doing ok but have only had one follow up appointment and was due to have another in May to see how if it was successful.

Back