• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So Idris is saying he is confirmed positive but Sabrina (his mrs I guess?) who is next to him in the video hasn't been confirmed yet. Even if it is a 95% chance she'll already have it cause they've been in close contact, surely for the example set she should not be near him. Is that an overly reactionary thought on my part? These things may have a minuscule effect but if you're gonna post this kind of update surely you have to be aware of the image presented......

Like Klopp getting tinkley with that journo, yes football is a contact sport but not shaking hands prior to the game is about minimizing superfluous contact + setting the example.

I'm on an elbow bump vibe now. It depends on which group of friends but certain people we'd always handshake then quick manhug (no custard) just out of habit but if it can help me not carry it on to an elder that it could be fatal for then it's an easy decision.

So Idris is saying he is confirmed positive but Sabrina (his mrs I guess?) who is next to him in the video hasn't been confirmed yet. Even if it is a 95% chance she'll already have it cause they've been in close contact, surely for the example set she should not be near him. Is that an overly reactionary thought on my part? These things may have a minuscule effect but if you're gonna post this kind of update surely you have to be aware of the image presented......

Like Klopp getting tinkley with that journo, yes football is a contact sport but not shaking hands prior to the game is about minimizing superfluous contact + setting the example.

I'm on an elbow bump vibe now. It depends on which group of friends but certain people we'd always handshake then quick manhug (no custard) just out of habit but if it can help me not carry it on to an elder that it could be fatal for then it's an easy decision.
The new advice is for the whole household to isolate - you have to assume now that if you have it your family will.

I think what will happen is we’ll improve our treatment of it as we get to know more about it and we’ll then learn to live with it, to a certain extent, as we do with seasonal flu.

I also think we’re about to see the fastest development and mass production of a vaccine in human history.

It's almost certainly already developed. It's the testing that cannot be accelerated.
Yes, there are several vaccines developed already. But there is (quite rightly) some rigorously testing required before it can be given to everyone. Firstly, they have to prove that it is more effective than say eating garlic, they have to prove that the benefit is greater than the negative effects, and then it needs to be tested on humans to see if it actually works as intended. This prosess can't be speed up, so all in all it's about an 12-18 month prosess.

Just heard that a vaccine was tested on humans for the first time yesterday. Normally it will have to be tested over a period of 12 months. There have been exceptions, if it can be proven that it can not be harmful. How they can prove that, I have no idea, but it has probably something to do with what "ingredients the vaccine contains. Reports now also say that if you get the virus, you will be immune for life.

Just heard that a vaccine was tested on humans for the first time yesterday. Normally it will have to be tested over a period of 12 months. There have been exceptions, if it can be proven that it can not be harmful. How they can prove that, I have no idea, but it has probably something to do with what "ingredients the vaccine contains. Reports now also say that if you get the virus, you will be immune for life.

As I was saying above...

There will be a vaccine widely available faster than anything we have ever seen, imho.

This is an abnormal situation and so there will most probably be a medical response which is out of the ordinary.

As I was saying above...

There will be a vaccine widely available faster than anything we have ever seen, imho.

This is an abnormal situation and so there will most probably be a medical response which is out of the ordinary.
Making a vaccine for a virus like this isn't very difficult. It's the testing that takes time.

As I was saying above...

I'm not sure you've got a grasp of what is slowing this down.

It's not that there's no will or resources, it's that before you inject/spray million (billions) of people with something, you need to know that 12-18 months down the line it won't make them suddenly keel over. You can only do that by giving it to test subjects and waiting 12-18 months.

From my understanding, 12 months is the minimum. Then they need to develop a method of mass production, distribution, and anwsy of administering it to that many people.

Soap breaks down the virus.

Eat soap.

giphy.gif

It's not that there's no will or resources, it's that before you inject/spray million (billions) of people with something, you need to know that 12-18 months down the line it won't make them suddenly keel over. You can only do that by giving it to test subjects and waiting 12-18 months.

From my understanding, 12 months is the minimum. Then they need to develop a method of mass production, distribution, and anwsy of administering it to that many people.

If I understood what I saw on the news last night correctly they're talking about running these processes alongside the testing phase, to cut time. Gambling that the tests are all clear, and they can go straight into distribution.

Seen a little bit of similar stuff around me on the home front the last couple of days. One or two people on my social media I won't be going out of my way to have cosy conversations with next time I see them...

Some of them want to hope there isn´t much strain on the Hospitals when they are suffering. If they get back that is, if they are stuck in Spain...Happy Days, Ciao Guys

I completely understand that. I also understand that capitalism won’t allow the world to shutdown for 12 - 18 months - or to re-open and then have to shut down again.

I think a way will be found. But that’s just my opinion.

Not heard any expert in the field say anything else so far at least.

I think there needs to be some level of proportion to the response. If the mortality rate of this virus was much greater, say an order of magnitude things would look very different. Over that again and calls to be much less careful with vaccine testing would be considered I think.

This is bad, really bad. We could face much worse in the not so distant future. The long term consequences of fairly widespread vaccine damage in a situation like this could minimize the ability to deal with future pandemics.

I won't try to predict what will happen, but I would worry if this was rushed in terms of proper testing.

Animals will be getting vaccinated, infected and tested now. Mice, monkeys. Then after that humans.

@Kandi1977 interesting, where did the immunity info come from? If you are immune for life after catching the virus, it seems like coronavirus can lie dormant in people. They appear better, but it can flare up again. That would explain why some seem to have it twice.

Last edited:
Scara is right, you cannot hope there are no serious adverse events over a prolonged period if you rush it out. Imagine vaccinating the whole world to realise it makes you sterile etc...

Patient safety is key, anything else is wholly irresponsible especially for a virus that only impacts the majority of people temporarily.

Back