• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Guys I tell you this has to be easy money, betting against England notto make the next round. That midfield looks to much like the one that got owned by the Germans during the WC. Downing 3 penalty misses, no goals and no assists but he makes the England squad. Lennon must be glad he was not picked, why would he want to be a part of this shower?

Johnsen makes the England squad but Micah Richards does not and we are expected to believe that Hodgson picked the team on footballing reasons. There is a very good chance that Parker will not make the Championship, and if does not Jordan Henderson, and yes that was not a typo, I repeat Jordan Henderson will make the squad.

So in essence there is a good possibility that the best of England may include Gerrard, Johnsen, Downing, Henderson and Carroll, 5 players that helped get their manager the sack today, only in England

Roy should have left Terry at home. I think it's a really big mistake to take him, especially having left Rio out. Much, much simpler and more harmonious to leave both at home, bring Jagielka and hope that he, Cahill, Lescott and Jones can cover CB. I would have thought those 4 would see you through a tournament.

Downing is entirely undeserving. Entirely. If Adam Johnson can play on the left - and I see no reason whatsoever why he can't - he should have been in instead.

Other than that, let's face facts - Roy's options were woefully limited.

How you feeling about Ireland?

Last i saw we were 7/4 to not get out the group. Having seen the squad,it's now probably 5/4 or not far off. Depressing really. The "golden" generation couldn't get past the quarters and now we're left with that brick.

even graham taylor had better players to choose from and that's saying something. even carlton palmer and andy sinton would be embarrassed (well almost) to be in this squad.

fudge knows why arry ever wanted to get involved with this shower. a lucky escape for him if you ask me

Seriously question:
if Stewart Drowning is the answer. What is the question????

...and where the hell is my delete button on my new Macbook pro?

Carroll in the squad on the basis of literally 3 half decent games at the end of the season. Has Woy forgotten the 9 months of utter brick that preceded it. Whatever anyone thinks of Crouch, he simply had to be in the squad. Then we have the lunacy of Downing, the forgotten man Milner, Oxywotsit, Barry, jesus give me strength !

Seriously question:
if Stewart Drowning is the answer. What is the question????

...and where the hell is my delete button on my new Macbook pro?

When I changed from PC to Mac - I endured much torture just like yo are.

For example - Where the fudge is the hash tag?

Anyways I wont be telling you where the delete button is - I want you to suffer - just like I did.

I think he's been relatively sensible in terms of defence -

It's basically Chelsea with a different right back.

But I think he should have chosen Carrick, and gone for as close as possible a Man United midfield.

Glad to see Ruddy get a call up but Jesus I'm going to struggle to support that team.

There is a direct link between the amount of enthusiasm I show for an England side vs the amount of blue/red scum in it. I can safely say I'll be wanting them to get knocked out in the groups this year.

It won't be Gerrard and Lampard together. Parker will be next to Lampard and Gerrard will play just behind the main striker.

I'm not saying we will win, but judging by the negative reaction I predict a few people will be surprised come the summer....

They nearly always are! :D Some absurd predictions with England over the years. It is not much that England aren't as bad as claimed but thinking everyone else has to be so much better when they really aren't. A case in point was WC 2010 qualifying where Croatia were expected to deliver more of the same from the previous qualifying campaign. Instead they got battered, home and away.

Anyways I wont be telling you where the delete button is - I want you to suffer - just like I did.

nice thanks! I'll add the hash onto the page up/down button along with the 'end' button.
wtf?

It won't be Gerrard and Lampard together. Parker will be next to Lampard and Gerrard will play just behind the main striker.

I'm not saying we will win, but judging by the negative reaction I predict a few people will be surprised come the summer....

They nearly always are! :D Some absurd predictions with England over the years. It is not much that England aren't as bad as claimed but thinking everyone else has to be so much better when they really aren't. A case in point was WC 2010 qualifying where Croatia were expected to deliver more of the same from the previous qualifying campaign. Instead they got battered, home and away.

Last i saw we were 7/4 to not get out the group. Having seen the squad,it's now probably 5/4 or not far off. Depressing really. The "golden" generation couldn't get past the quarters and now we're left with that brick.

Still narrow favourites to win the group. 13/8 in most places.

I know where the delete button is, but where is the hash tag????

EDIT: Found it

I'm hoping England lose every game so I'm pleased with this.
The whole attitude and expectation that England should win against far superior teams is laughable.
English players are rubbish, foreign players make the prem what it is!!

I'm hoping England lose every game so I'm pleased with this.
The whole attitude and expectation that England should win against far superior teams is laughable.
English players are rubbish, foreign players make the prem what it is!!

Completely agree. When I was at school, I was the only one who refused to say that England would win whatever tournament was being played that season.

If Parker doesn't make it fitness wise, and Defoe gets flogged off in the next few weeks, there could be no Spurs players in the squad at all.

Back