• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

We have a strong attack as it is, we can afford to give a new signing in this area time to acclimatise
Fair enough but by that theory we are pretty strong in every position and can give anyone a couple of years to acclimatise. Zaha would add impact immediately and this is what we need now, even if you don’t agree on Zaha being one of these players - Players who are going to improve us now, we’ve got enough investments for the future....

Maybe they would but we need players who will deliver quality NOW. They sound like players that will still need a couple of seasons to fully adapt. We can’t continue with this cycle or we will forever not achieve anything. Keep signing players with potential will mean waiting a couple of years for them to fully deliver, which means in the meantime a couple of our top players will leave because we have still won nothing which in turn will set us back and we have to start all over again. Someone like Zaha is fully acclimatised, will deliver instantly and is a quality talent and threat. If we have to overpay a little then so be it....

I understand and agree with nearly all of that, the one exception is that i am not convinced about Zaha and at the fee's being thrown around ( 60/70 mill) for him is far to much ( imo).

our wage budget is 6th highest in the richest league in the world, i think we will be able to attract players from all but the obvious top tier clubs in Europe.

players in Germany/Spain/Italy outside of Bayern/Barca/Real/Juventus will not be earning what we can pay
I think the issue, or definitely the historical issue is we want to attract a player who’s good enough to play for those five higher paying clubs, who either prefers to play for us for less than they would pay or that they have not shown an interest in. I dread to think how many players we’ve had positive conversations with only for their agents to point them towards the higher salary offer and how frustrating that must be for those at the club involved in negotiations.

Although we are sixth we are between 70-80% in total wages away from the next team and I think i’d worked out that we could have added Everton’s wage bill to ours before we entered that top 5 group.

Also pre new stadium renewals our relatively low ceiling meant that smaller teams could pay an individual more and offer more football for the type of player we’d see as a squad player.

I think these figures are always the best argument for how far we punch above our weight if anyone non Spurs tries to tell me coming 4th or losing a game to any of those clubs is us under achieving.

New stadium will hopefully help with the disparity and I’m pleased that the players and manager who have contributed to us closing the gap on the pitch are benefitting from it with the recent renewals. Still hoping we extend it to a couple of new ones soon!

I understand and agree with nearly all of that, the one exception is that i am not convinced about Zaha and at the fee's being thrown around ( 60/70 mill) for him is far to much ( imo).
Maybe it is a tad steep, in a year or two it might prove good value. Either way, if he is genuinely one of Pochs main targets I would rather we overpay on that player for once rather than getting a value for money plan B Or C player which we tend to do most of the time.....

Maybe it is a tad steep, in a year or two it might prove good value. Either way, if he is genuinely one of Pochs main targets I would rather we overpay on that player for once rather than getting a value for money plan B Or C player which we tend to do most of the time.....

I understand that transfer fees are/have gone crazy, but City paid 60 million for Mahrez who has proved he can light any team up, Zaha ( imo) is/has been quoted as up to 70 million and as i have said i do not see that about of money being value for money.

However if Poch really wants him then so be it as he knows better then all of us about what he needs.

Fair enough but by that theory we are pretty strong in every position and can give anyone a couple of years to acclimatise. Zaha would add impact immediately and this is what we need now, even if you don’t agree on Zaha being one of these players - Players who are going to improve us now, we’ve got enough investments for the future....

CF and AM positions we are well stocked in the first team, central midfield not so much and at the back if Alderwiereld goes not so much either - both those positions potentially require a more ready made player to step in than in AM where we already have Son Eriksen Alli Lamela and Moura available for 2/3 positions

[QUOTE="billyiddo, post: 1074798, member: 275"]CF and AM positions we are well stocked in the first team, central midfield not so much and at the back if Alderwiereld goes not so much either - both those positions potentially require a more ready made player to step in than in AM where we already have Son Eriksen Alli Lamela and Moura available for 2/3 positions[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Llorente and Janssen? If you're thinking of Son, Dele, Moura and Lamela, none are out-and-out strikers, whilst youngsters Sterling and Griffiths are totally inexperienced and unproven at top level.

I understand that transfer fees are/have gone crazy, but City paid 60 million for Mahrez who has proved he can light any team up, Zaha ( imo) is/has been quoted as up to 70 million and as i have said i do not see that about of money being value for money.

However if Poch really wants him then so be it as he knows better then all of us about what he needs.
Funny enough I was going to use mahrez as a justification for Zaha along the lines of I would much rather have Zaha than mahrez so if he cost ....

[QUOTE="billyiddo, post: 1074798, member: 275"]CF and AM positions we are well stocked in the first team, central midfield not so much and at the back if Alderwiereld goes not so much either - both those positions potentially require a more ready made player to step in than in AM where we already have Son Eriksen Alli Lamela and Moura available for 2/3 positions
Seriously? Llorente and Janssen? If you're thinking of Son, Dele, Moura and Lamela, none are out-and-out strikers, whilst youngsters Sterling and Griffiths are totally inexperienced and unproven at top level.[/QUOTE]

In the sense that we have Kane & Son yeah - anyone we sign to be Kanes backup will be spending most of his time sat on the bench

CF and AM positions we are well stocked in the first team, central midfield not so much and at the back if Alderwiereld goes not so much either - both those positions potentially require a more ready made player to step in than in AM where we already have Son Eriksen Alli Lamela and Moura available for 2/3 positions
I see where you’re coming from but I think one of our biggest issues is still breaking teams down despite our plethora of attacking players. All the other top teams have that game changing pacy dribbler and that is the one thing we really lack. Son has his moments but i wouldn’t put him in that category. Zaha would change games for us, in the same way Sane,Mahrez,Salah,Hazard can.....

Seriously? Llorente and Janssen? If you're thinking of Son, Dele, Moura and Lamela, none are out-and-out strikers, whilst youngsters Sterling and Griffiths are totally inexperienced and unproven at top level.

In the sense that we have Kane & Son yeah - anyone we sign to be Kanes backup will be spending most of his time sat on the bench[/QUOTE]Agree Son is a decent option but to mount a serious challenge for the title we could really do with a proven out-an-out striker as further back-up.

The Palace chairman unfollowed him on social media today

I really hope we're not about to sign him for £60mish. If we're prepared to pay that for Zaha, we should test Juve's resolve first with an offer of say £70m for Dybala on the basis that they've just spent €140m on Ronaldo and Douglas Costa

Is it still Simon Jordan the man with the stupidest haircut I have ever seen.

You've obviously not watched the film Prodigal Son then? But Jordan comes a close second

1499483510_2.jpg

Back