• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

As already stated before we don't have to make this signing an english player we can buy a grealish type to stpck up the quota and focus on bringing in real quality for big money

Correction: Real premiership proven quality - so give us names...

He looks good in a bang average side. Moura is a better player.

It is clear - as so often happens - that your starting point is that you clearly don't rate Zaha. Fair enough; if you want to say "I don't care what arguments you bring; I just don't rate Zaha" I can accept and respect that. I would not agree with you one iota, mind you but you are entitled to your opinion. But if you start to bring in arguments and reasons, then those reasons become subject to discussion. Jay Rodriguez looked good in an average side. Zaha looked a different planet to his teammates and - I will make it in bold cause you seem to avoid this time and time again - kept a club that was odds on for relegation and bottom of the league in the Premiership practically on his own.

As for Moura being the better player; on what do you base that conclusion? The fact he came from PSG? or his a Brazilian? or maybe wishful thinking? Because nothing Moura did in a Spurs shirt even comes close to the performances Zaha put in last season

A player proven at the top end of a strong league or one with an exceptional record in a top league. Zaha is neither

Still no names I see...

Your argument is so flawed one struggles where to start... Janssen had an exceptional record in top league; So did Soldado. Fat good that did us. Getting any player from a foreign league carries a massive risk that he will not transfer that performance in the premiership. Even if they do they may need one or even two years e.g. That is why you pay a premium for proven premiership quality; and a second premium if they are English registered. And for as much as you try to denigrate the player Zaha fits into that category with abundant ease..

If you think we can't find a better WF for 60m than 1 in 6 Zaha then im not sure a list of players i think are better than him would make any difference.

If you think we can't find a better WF for 60m than 1 in 6 Zaha then im not sure a list of players i think are better than him would make any difference.

I can think of some great players we may get for that money... but Poch may not want them

And the English trained thing is a huge issue that people gloss over

Also you mention players who have done it at the top end in top leagues... their clubs that are our peers and why would they sell to us?

If you think we can't find a better WF for 60m than 1 in 6 Zaha then im not sure a list of players better than him would make any difference

And still no names... and new "reasons" without evidence or basis. It's fine dissing and being negative; easiest thing in the world.

Let me give you a name: would we sell Son for less than 60mill? Is he a 1 in 6 player? Has he consistently put in performances better than Zaha?

And still no names... and new "reasons" without evidence or basis. It's fine dissing and being negative; easiest thing in the world.

Let me give you a name: would we sell Son for less than 60mill? Is he a 1 in 6 player? Has he consistently put in performances better than Zaha?

Son can be inconsistent but he would be a £60m player no doubt

I can think of some great players we may get for that money... but Poch may not want them

And the English trained thing is a huge issue that people gloss over

Also you mention players who have done it at the top end in top leagues... their clubs that are our peers and why would they sell to us?

60m would rank as one of the highest transfer fees paid in football- you put that in front of any side in Europe bar the elite clubs and it's being considered at the very least.

We bought Son from Germany, we can poach that level of player from abroad because of the monetary advantage we have over them, simple as that- getting ripped off buying domestically is a mugs game, pick up your Grealish type players to pad out the squad and leave the big bucks for players who warrant it.

60m would rank as one of the highest transfer fees paid in football- you put that in front of any side in Europe bar the elite clubs and it's being considered at the very least.

But the players we need using you earlier comments are at clubs who pay those fees too

I normally really agree with most of your arguments but for the life of me I am completely puzzled by this...

So Mahrez (a non-UK trained player who at the moment we would struggle to incorporate with our foreigner limit) is fine because he can light up a team which is just two players short of the team which won the PL two seasons ago. But Zaha who would qualify as an English player and therefore pose no problem (which in turn adds a 10 mill premium to his fee) is not, despite the fact that he single-handledly kept his team up; a team made up of mediocre players who - with Zaha out injured - were routed at the bottom of the league with not a hope in sight. A situation that meant that he was double or triple marked every game and yet he still produced... game after game, even against top 4 clubs.

There is also another issue. Mahrez stayed for a full extra year after being stopped from leaving last summer and in January, even going on strike. There is no way Leicester could keep him for another season; their bargaining hand was weakened and that chops off another 10 -20 mill from his fee...

The thing is that a player's value is established by a myriad of factors and you cannot just compare like with like.

Is Zaha a risk? Of course he is. Would I prefer to spend 20 mill on Zaha than Richarlison - going at 50 mill; not a shadow of a doubt.

Ultimately I find this fixation by Spurs fans (I don't see it as much with other top clubs actually) on a player's fee rather strange. It is simply not something that concerns us, not when we have the most penny wise chairman in the league. If he agrees with the financial aspect of the deal, that should be good enough for us... and all we should discuss is whether or not Zaha can bring in something extra to the team.

To be honest mate you do make some good points and i do agree with some of them, i have also said earlier in the thread that IF Zaha is the player Poch REALLY wants then fair enough because he knows what we need better then any fan.

The reason i mentioned Mahrez is that i believe he is a better player then Zaha and IF the figure ( 70 mill) is what he would cost then imo he is not worth it. I really thing we could better for less money but what i think is not really relevant compered to what Poch wants/thinks.

IF we get Zaha i will of course show him support in our shirt.

Correction: Real premiership proven quality - so give us names...

It is clear - as so often happens - that your starting point is that you clearly don't rate Zaha. Fair enough; if you want to say "I don't care what arguments you bring; I just don't rate Zaha" I can accept and respect that. I would not agree with you one iota, mind you but you are entitled to your opinion. But if you start to bring in arguments and reasons, then those reasons become subject to discussion. Jay Rodriguez looked good in an average side. Zaha looked a different planet to his teammates and - I will make it in bold cause you seem to avoid this time and time again - kept a club that was odds on for relegation and bottom of the league in the Premiership practically on his own.

As for Moura being the better player; on what do you base that conclusion? The fact he came from PSG? or his a Brazilian? or maybe wishful thinking? Because nothing Moura did in a Spurs shirt even comes close to the performances Zaha put in last season
I think moura may well turn out to be outstanding but is impossible to judge based on a really small sample size

What we do know is Zaha drags palace up and they didn’t win a game without him playing

Sigurdsson had the same impact at Swansea and he has not exactly looked a world beater at either us or Everton. £60m for a player who looks good in an average size is too much of a risk. £30m yes, £60m no IMO.

As for Moura, i have watched alot of him before he came to Spurs and believe it or not i watched him when he was at Sao Paulo and i know what he is capable of. Why spend £60m on a player when we haven't given our last transfer a chance?

Last edited:
To be honest mate you do make some good points and i do agree with some of them, i have also said earlier in the thread that IF Zaha is the player Poch REALLY wants then fair enough because he knows what we need better then any fan.

The reason i mentioned Mahrez is that i believe he is a better player then Zaha and IF the figure ( 70 mill) is what he would cost then imo he is not worth it. I really thing we could better for less money but what i think is not really relevant compered to what Poch wants/thinks.

IF we get Zaha i will of course show him support in our shirt.

One problem we have is that the nearer we get to the end of the window, the more likely a club is likely to double down on the fee thinking they can screw us over. Can you think of a better player than Zaha that we could get this window for less than £60m?

Son can be inconsistent but he would be a £60m player no doubt

Precisely my argument. So if we would expect 60mill for Son if we sold him why should Palace not expect similar for Zaha, who has shown - at the very least - equal performance in the premiership. This is especially when Son leaving would have minimal impact on us whereas, if Zaha leaves, Palace are immediate relegation favourites...

Sigurdsson had the same impact at Swansea and he has not exactly looked a world beater at either us or Everton. £60m for a player who looks good in an average size is too much of a risk. £30m yes, £60m no IMO.

As for Moura, i have watched alot of him before he came to Spurs and believe it or not i watched him when he was at Sao Paulo and i know what he is capable of. Why spend £60m on a player when we haven't given our last transfer a chance?

Sorry mate, that is a yet more tosh... Sigurdsson was played out of position both by AVB and Everton. Had either team played to his strengths, he would have been a success, so much so that he is the only player Poch regrets selling.

To calculate a player's worth according to the team he plays in, and depreciate it simply because it is not a top 4 club, is snobbery of the highest level (sorry). It is frankly a ridiculous argument.

Watching Moura before he came to Spurs is completely and totally irrelevant; same thing was said of Soldado, who actually played in a more difficult league than the Sao Paolo one. It's what he does in the premiership that will be his yardstick, and the jury is still out from his (admittedly handful of) games in our colours. I am not saying he may not come good but TODAY there is no way you can say Moura is a better Premiership player than Zaha; if anything it is the opposite.

Back