• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Cue ITK.

Hercules said: Dead!!!

Much like his "Not dead" comment came moments after Pablo's info (who works for the Sun).

They are completely buying into this charlatan. If Hercules says so it's definitely off. Nobody is closer to this than him. This is all Levy's fault.

I've always felt he's the Plan B if Martial doesn't work out, so I see us dropping out as good news

I actually think Martial is a name being floated repeatedly by Utd/agent! I think they are seeing how "desperate" we are to bring in a "big name"...we shall see!

I actually think Martial is a name being floated repeatedly by Utd/agent! I think they are seeing how "desperate" we are to bring in a "big name"...we shall see!

I can't imagine Poch or anyone preferring Zaha over Martial. The only reason they are being spoken about in the same sentence is because Martial has fallen out with the manager and is nearly out of contract. Otherwise he's younger, performing at a higher level, and can also genuinely cover CF

The swap with Alder makes so much sense to all 4 parties, I almost can't see it not happening

I can't imagine Poch or anyone preferring Zaha over Martial. The only reason they are being spoken about in the same sentence is because Martial has fallen out with the manager and is nearly out of contract. Otherwise he's younger, performing at a higher level, and can also genuinely cover CF

The swap with Alder makes so much sense to all 4 parties, I almost can't see it not happening

I remain unconvinced he is a prime target myself. We shall see mate...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Talk on Palace boards according to my mate that Chelsea are lowballing them too, 30m + Drinkwater supposedly - so if rumours are to be believed then we aren't the only ones who use such tactics in the market.

Wonder if N'koudou might appeal to them as a nake weight...

Talk on Palace boards according to my mate that Chelsea are lowballing them too, 30m + Drinkwater supposedly - so if rumours are to be believed then we aren't the only ones who use such tactics in the market.

Wonder if N'koudou might appeal to them as a nake weight...

Chelsea are skint, aren they? I think this is how clubs who cant afford to just throw money around try and operate.

I could well imagine NKoudou* appealing to them, early rumours were Sissoko too, though they just bought Kouyate and have Meyer lined up (£170k a week!).

Having lost Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye, maybe its a bit of a rebuild?

.........Sissoko.....Kouyate
...............Meyer
.Townsend............ ?
...............Ayew

Kind of thing?

I doubt they are skint, sadly. I just suspect this sort of player trading helps with the overall FFP impact... thereby allowing them to spunk trillions of roubles somewhere else.

Well, it certainly seems like Roman has stopped bankrolling them and they have tightened their belts accordingly (the last time he wasnt bankrolling them they were about to fold!)

Their business the last few windows seems to support this. Perhaps "skint" isnt the word, but they definitely arent spending like they used to and appear to be trying to be self sufficient.

Chelski are being careful with their spending, Arse only spent 70 mill which was the total budget despite them needing a major rebuild. Utd have spent 70 mill and now Woodward has told Mourinho he has to sell before he can buy anyone else. Liverpool have mostly spent the Coutinho money. City have signed one player. Spurs yet to buy but as always it will be sell to buy and we will try to balance the books

It's been a pretty quiet prudent summer for the top clubs imo. Not as reckless as previous ones.

Chelsea have also badly misspent in MF - bakayoko / Barkley* / Drinkwater and will likely need to get rid before they bring someone else in and this seemed like a good way to get one off the books for a half decent fee. Now they have Meyer cant see them wanting drinkwater.

*I thought Barkley was a good buy and thought it made sense to be going for him, if he gets over his injury issues still may be successful.

Don't get this fascination with Martial, Zaha has done much more in the Premier League. Zaha character seems to be a much better fit for us and I think is a much better player.

We wanted Martial a few years back when he was one of the biggest talents in France. Now, at just 22, we get a second shot at him.

He is a hugely talented player with big potential, and I think the attraction for many is that while putting in impressive displays/stats now he clearly hasnt reached that potential.

Personally Id be very happy to get him.

That said, Im also a big fan of Zaha who is, IMO, quite a different player.

Don't get this fascination with Martial, Zaha has done much more in the Premier League. Zaha character seems to be a much better fit for us and I think is a much better player.
http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-...eated/goals_scored/total_shots/tackles_won#90

Yes, this is cherry picking. I'm just pointing out the reasons that people prefer Martial. There are plenty of areas Zaha is better in, but Martial wins all the important ones. Martial is also on an upward trend, Zaha is a good bit older.

Martial is quicker, a better passer and goalscorer and can play CF. Zaha only stands out by being a big fish in a small pond

Back