• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Chelsea are skint, aren they? I think this is how clubs who cant afford to just throw money around try and operate.

I could well imagine NKoudou* appealing to them, early rumours were Sissoko too, though they just bought Kouyate and have Meyer lined up (£170k a week!).

Having lost Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye, maybe its a bit of a rebuild?

.........Sissoko.....Kouyate
...............Meyer
.Townsend............ ?
...............Ayew

Kind of thing?

They also have Schlupp, who is a decent option/better than Nkoudou

Martial is quicker, a better passer and goalscorer and can play CF. Zaha only stands out by being a big fish in a small pond

Im not sure that Martial is quicker, to be honest.

Zaha is also an insane dribbler, a foul magnet, whose presence would afford Kane/Eriksen/Alli/Moura etc more space and time in key areas. he is flexible enough to play all across the attacking areas, and is physically a beast (which we know Poch appreciates).

Its not like its an entirely one sided thing, is it?

They also have Schlupp, who is a decent option/better than Nkoudou

Thought he was a defender? Not that I care particularly - it was speculative in the first place.

Im not sure that Martial is quicker, to be honest.

Zaha is also an insane dribbler, a foul magnet, whose presence would afford Kane/Eriksen/Alli/Moura etc more space and time in key areas. he is flexible enough to play all across the attacking areas, and is physically a beast (which we know Poch appreciates).

Its not like its an entirely one sided thing, is it?

Thought he was a defender? Not that I care particularly - it was speculative in the first place.

I'm not sure how flexible Zaha is. I've never really seen him perform anywhere but on the left.

I'm also not sure how prized an asset dribbling is in a post-crossing world. Ball carrying is very useful, but step-overs and mazzy runs less so.

Schlupp plays all over the place. LB and LW. He was a CF when I first saw him play - I remember him scoring a brilliant hattrick for Leicester against Rotherham.

Zaha can be unpredictable. We always struggle against the teams who sit back and defend, Zaha is exactly the type that can open things up. Would be a brilliant addition but I feel its too late now. Palace wont have time to replace him.

Character is also a massive factor, I see Martial as a sulking type, Zaha would fit in much better with our English core

Chelsea are skint, aren they? I think this is how clubs who cant afford to just throw money around try and operate.

I could well imagine NKoudou* appealing to them, early rumours were Sissoko too, though they just bought Kouyate and have Meyer lined up (£170k a week!).

Having lost Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye, maybe its a bit of a rebuild?

.........Sissoko.....Kouyate
...............Meyer
.Townsend............ ?
...............Ayew

Kind of thing?

Apparently Palace also want Ings and Antonio

I'm not sure how flexible Zaha is. I've never really seen him perform anywhere but on the left.

I'm also not sure how prized an asset dribbling is in a post-crossing world. Ball carrying is very useful, but step-overs and mazzy runs less so.

Schlupp plays all over the place. LB and LW. He was a CF when I first saw him play - I remember him scoring a brilliant hattrick for Leicester against Rotherham.

Palace often play without a striker, so Zaha (particularly) and Townsend have freedom to roam where the space is. While he operates from the left side, he is far from a chalk on the boots type and has developed a game that works well centrally and even over on the right.

Also, crossing is not the point of dribbling. It would be like levelling the same issue at Dembele. The point of dribbling is to create space, something Zaha excels at and we struggle to do against defensively set teams. If Zaha can pull two defenders out of place and lay it off, for example, we are laughing considering its Alli/Eriksen/Kane getting the ball, in those areas, with space.

You need to refine your understanding of the player, because whenever you talk about him you appear to be talking about someone else entirely.

Ive always seen NKoudou as a right sided player, not sure why then Schlupp would have anything to do with him. Though, as I said, it was speculative anyway. I actually like NKoudou, I think theres somehting about him - but it seems clear he wont be getting chances here.

Last edited:
Zaha can be unpredictable. We always struggle against the teams who sit back and defend, Zaha is exactly the type that can open things up. Would be a brilliant addition but I feel its too late now. Palace wont have time to replace him.

Character is also a massive factor, I see Martial as a sulking type, Zaha would fit in much better with our English core

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that. He does seem to go into his shell.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/85059/Show/Wilfried-Zaha
Mainly in the center last year according to this

Prior to Zaha going to Man Utd I remember him playing centre forward against them in a Cup match and he absolutely ripped them to shreds, I think it was that performance that made Ferguson go after him.

What do you mean by not being sure how prized dribbling is in a post crossing world? Whenever a player beats his man it leaves him running into space and leads to the opposition having to pull a player out of position to cover that space, which then results in space for other players to receive the ball.

Apparently Palace also want Ings and Antonio

Given the amount of business they are looking to do, I do wonder if they are spending the Zaha money before allowing him to go?

Meyer (free, but big money), Kouyate, that keeper, then rumours of Ings, Ayew, Antonio etc...

EDIT: Reports are Ings is £24m

Injury prone with an attitude - same position as Anderson.

Bilic made the right move to try and make him a rwb but he kicked up a fuss.

Fair enough, I cant say I follow West ham enough to notice these thigns!

Always struck me as clumsy, not very refined, but somehow effective. A decent option to have around - but if they can do better without that would make more sense.

Don't get this fascination with Martial, Zaha has done much more in the Premier League. Zaha character seems to be a much better fit for us and I think is a much better player.

Martial has a better scoring and assist rate than Zaha iirc obviously that doesn't factor in the differences in playing for Palace v playing for Utd but to say Zaha has done much more than him is inaccurate imo

Martial has a better scoring and assist rate than Zaha iirc obviously that doesn't factor in the differences in playing for Palace v playing for Utd but to say Zaha has done much more than him is inaccurate imo

I suppose that depends on your definition of "much more". Statistically, I doubt it.

But has Martial dragged a team out of relegation when they looked set to leave? Become a leader in that unit, big game player etc?

Could be the angle he was thinking...

Palace often play without a striker, so Zaha (particularly) and Townsend have freedom to roam where the space is. While he operates from the left side, he is far from a chalk on the boots type and has developed a game that works well centrally and even over on the right.

Also, crossing is not the point of dribbling. It would be like levelling the same issue at Dembele. The point of dribbling is to create space, something Zaha excels at and we struggle to do against defensively set teams. If Zaha can pull two defenders out of place and lay it off, for example, we are laughing considering its Alli/Eriksen/Kane getting the ball, in those areas, with space.

You need to refine your understanding of the player, because whenever you talk about him you appear to be talking about someone else entirely.

Ive always seen NKoudou as a right sided player, not sure why then Schlupp would have anything to do with him. Though, as I said, it was speculative anyway. I actually like NKoudou, I think theres somehting about him - but it seems clear he wont be getting chances here.

I thought Zaha played the majority of games last season through the middle, leading the line (couple of sites seem to back that up fwiw) id hazard a guess that someone who thinks he only plays off the left and is not flexible probably hasnt watched much of him at all (quelle surprise)

Fair enough, I cant say I follow West ham enough to notice these thigns!

Always struck me as clumsy, not very refined, but somehow effective. A decent option to have around - but if they can do better without that would make more sense.

Very effective (in a really ugly way) and great with ghosting in at the back post and scoring headers. But he is injury prone and other than pace doesn't really offer a lot else. Last chance for West Ham to get decent money for him and he is the type to kick up a fuss if he isn't being played.

Only an opinion but if he listened to his manager I think he has the tools to be a decent RWB but that ship has sailed now, will be a middling RW.

At heart Martial is a Striker playing on the Wing and Zaha (last year) is a Winger playing as a Striker. If continued there I think Zaha will pick up more to his game and get more goals but this was his first year in the position.

at around £60M for either I am comfortable with the fees - in this crazy world. And would want either, probably leaning towards Zaha.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "much more". Statistically, I doubt it.

But has Martial dragged a team out of relegation when they looked set to leave? Become a leader in that unit, big game player etc?

Could be the angle he was thinking...

Much like the arguments as to why his numbers may be low because of who he plays for the same logic should be applied for Martial who hasn't been in a position to drag a team out of relegation etc tbf

Back