• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Interesting that he is now a free agent... http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11455279/crystal-palace-in-talks-to-sign-max-meyer

Cannot imagine Daniel just cancelling the contract of an international player simple because he had a spat with one of our directors o_O
his contract expired they didn't cancel the contract, they just stopped playing him from April to the end of the year. The argument was around not signing a new contract I think.

"The 22-year-old was dismissed from training for the remainder of the season, and the row lead to him running down the remainder of his contract until it expired this summer."

Those per 90 stats show that Zaha would fit in nicely with our attacking options and be an equal contender for a first team place.

I think so too. Decent goal scoring and chance creation stats and very good figures for taking on players. He would give us something different and I think that he also might be an option for covering Kane.

If we keep all of our established players and add Zaha, that will be a very good transfer window imo.

Would you play Alli/Eriksen in a deeper role? What role do you see for Moura?

If Eriksen and or Alli can be successfully deployed deeper and Zaha can deliver more than say Alli in attack, I'd agree. Moreover Alli and Eriksen attacking from deep could be potent too. With have quite a large squad if we don't shed a couple. Making some space for youth players would be good.

If Eriksen and or Alli can be successfully deployed deeper and Zaha can deliver more than say Alli in attack, I'd agree. Moreover Alli and Eriksen attacking from deep could be potent too. With have quite a large squad if we don't shed a couple. Making some space for youth players would be good.

In the summer transfer thread, I posted a team that was 3 at the back, with a sort of diamond midfield (which iirc, we used near the start of last season when Dembele was out). But instead of Dele at the tip of the diamond, I'd play Dele deeper with Zaha/Son/Moura playing at the tip of the diamond, off of Kane. So an example XI would be:

-----------------lloris
-----toby-----sanchez-----vert
trippier-------dier----------davies
---------eriksen-----dele
---------------zaha
---------------kane

Eriksen and Dele would be free to drop deeper or go up with Kane, Zaha could go down the channels or through the middle, Kane is Kane. If we are chasing the game a little, we could sub out a centre-half and add Son/Moura/Lamela to the mix.

It leaves us very unbalanced. 8 senior AMs, but only 2 players who can play CF

CF would be Kane/Lamela/Son/maybe Zaha. Kane is gonna be playing most games, for the odd big game he misses, play Lamela upfront (like Chelsea away last season and a couple of other games around that time we also looked good with Lamela through the middle).

It leaves us very unbalanced. 8 senior AMs, but only 2 players who can play CF

but if fit, Harry will start every PL game and every CL game. That leaves the Fa cup and league cup where Poch will rotate. So we can cope with 2 in Kane and Son(plus Llorente if he stays)

Zaha Kane Son
Alli Eriksen
Dier
Davies Vertonghen Sanchez Trippier
Lloris
Would work for me

Moura and Lamela available off the bench/rotational options for Zaha and Son

Winks/Onomah/Dembele/Sissoko as options for Alli and Eriksen

Wanyama for Dier

I think it'd make a lot of sense

In the summer transfer thread, I posted a team that was 3 at the back, with a sort of diamond midfield (which iirc, we used near the start of last season when Dembele was out). But instead of Dele at the tip of the diamond, I'd play Dele deeper with Zaha/Son/Moura playing at the tip of the diamond, off of Kane. So an example XI would be:

-----------------lloris
-----toby-----sanchez-----vert
trippier-------dier----------davies
---------eriksen-----dele
---------------zaha
---------------kane

Eriksen and Dele would be free to drop deeper or go up with Kane, Zaha could go down the channels or through the middle, Kane is Kane. If we are chasing the game a little, we could sub out a centre-half and add Son/Moura/Lamela to the mix.

Son and Moura benched.

My biggest reservation with Zaha is he’s not that different to Son and Moura. He’s maybe a slight upgrade. And yes games are often won on small margins etc

Maybe playing eriksen in the middle is an upgrade on Dembele/ Dier/ Winks. Alli too possibly.

With 3 at the back do you need Dier screening or add Moura/Son/Lamela into the mix?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Zaha Kane Son
Alli Eriksen
Dier
Davies Vertonghen Sanchez Trippier
Lloris
Would work for me

Moura and Lamela available off the bench/rotational options for Zaha and Son

Winks/Onomah/Dembele/Sissoko as options for Alli and Eriksen

Wanyama for Dier

I think it'd make a lot of sense

Like a Liverpool setup, but with (imo) a better midfield (because we have Eriksen in there). I'd be happy with that team. As I said earlier, if we keep our players and add Zaha, we have had a good window. Poch would have many options with systems and personnel. And Poch does seem to add a new formation per season, so a 433 as you have posted wouldn't surprise me.

Son and Moura benched.

My biggest reservation with Zaha is he’s not that different to Son and Moura. He’s maybe a slight upgrade. And yes games are often won on small margins etc

Maybe playing eriksen in the middle is an upgrade on Dembele/ Dier/ Winks. Alli too possibly.

With 3 at the back do you need Dier screening or add Moura/Son/Lamela into the mix?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

@billyiddo has posted a good alternative lineup, it illustrates the options made available to Poch with our current squad plus Zaha.

Like a Liverpool setup, but with (imo) a better midfield (because we have Eriksen in there). I'd be happy with that team. As I said earlier, if we keep our players and add Zaha, we have had a good window. Poch would have many options with systems and personnel. And Poch does seem to add a new formation per season, so a 433 as you have posted wouldn't surprise me.

Im really quite keen to see us set up like this as i think it gets 5 dangerous attacking players on the pitch together and yet doesn't on paper appear to be congested - the wide men capable of stretching play and also coming inside, the deeper two lethal from range/good short passing game with Dele able to ghost in to the box and Eriksen on the edge finding pockets of space to pull the strings - would be a nightmare to defend against, even for bus parkers

Last edited:
Im really quite keen to see us set up like this as i think it gets 5 dangerous attacking players on the pitch together and yet doesn't on paper appear to be congested - the wide men capable of stretching play and also coming inside, the deeper two lethal from range/good short passing game with Dele able to ghost in to the box and Eriksen on the edge finding pockets of space to pull the strings - would be a nightmare to defend against, even for bus parkers

I think my one concern with that team would be Trippier at right-back and the overall strength of the back 4. Effectively, Trippier and Sanchez (who is still a bit raw imo) down the right channel with Dier infront, doesn't fill me with loads of confidence defensively. Going forward, it's a quality lineup though, and Trippier's technique and intelligence comes into it's own when we attack as well. The back 3 means we don't have as many attacking players on the pitch, but with toby---sanchez---vert as the defensive shield, it feels like we're more secure at the back.

I think my one concern with that team would be Trippier at right-back and the overall strength of the back 4. Effectively, Trippier and Sanchez (who is still a bit raw imo) down the right channel with Dier infront, doesn't fill me with loads of confidence defensively. Going forward, it's a quality lineup though, and Trippier's technique and intelligence comes into it's own when we attack as well. The back 3 means we don't have as many attacking players on the pitch, but with toby---sanchez---vert as the defensive shield, it feels like we're more secure at the back.

It's only a handful of games that I'd be concerned about with Trippier at RB tbh and in those instances a different approach could well be needed - guess it depends on how effective the front 5 im proposing would actually be, if they really hit it off as a unit then it could outweigh any negatives of the back line, even against strong opposition. But as you mentioned earlier we are well versed in a couple of formations now and switching to a back 3 for the odd game shouldn't be an issue - regarding Alderwiereld i just don't see him featuring much if he stays without signing a new deal

Back