• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

That being the case (clearly its BS) Id expect us to be favourable to him. More young, British players, more chance of playing, has been courted by us a long time...

Unless he just wants a paycheck, at which point Chelsea are welcome to him.

Like last time with Barclay - though I would hope that would serve as a cautionary tale to Zaha (again, if it didnt then they are welcome to him!).

I'd rather pay 50 million for Richarlison than 70 million for Zaha. WZ is better now, but he's likely at his peak and had the entire team built around him at Crystal Palace. He's not better than Sonny, Dele, or Eriksen and has been nowhere near as productive as Lucas Moura who is exactly the same age.

I don't think we're signing him, and I really hope we don't.

Id say the opposite.

Richarlison has done the square root of fudge all. And will likely be a long way off until he really starts to produce (if at all).

£20m gets me a player that is matured, and able to drag a team to results, then Ill pay that gladly.

Funny you say Palace have built their team around him, I disagree. His game has developed massively this last couple of seasons, and now suits them as much as they suit him. And he has shown an improvement in his productivity in this time.

As to Son/Dele etc - the point is not whether Zaha is better or not. Its that he is different. He is another option, another tool to help the team win games.

We need to move past the idea of team and into the idea of squad. Thats the game we play now.

I think its a huge sum being touted for him, but I would also be delighted to sign him.

Richarlison has done the square root of fudge all. And will likely be a long way off until he really starts to produce (if at all).

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying I'd want to pay 50 mil for Richarlison. I'd want us to do neither. However, Richarlison is miles better than Zaha was at the same age. Zaha hadn't scored more than 4 goals in a single season until his age 23 season. Richarlison did that in his FIRST season as a 20 year-old coming from Brazil. Last season, Richarlison accounted for 9 goals, where Zaha accounted for 12. And he'll be 26 in February!

I'm sorry, that's not a 70 million pound attacker, not even close. At least with Richarlison, you're paying for potential.

He's not 70 million pounds better than Moura or Lamela, especially when we're working with a limited budget and needing to replace a few extremely important players (Dembele, Alderweireld). I can see them spending big on Martial, because he can also fill our back-up striker need, but breaking our transfer record by a mile to sign a good option off the bench when we already have them, is insane imo.

He is, at this point in time, £20m better than Richarlison for us - that was my point.

£70m is insane money. Meaningless money. I cant argue with anyone saying they dont want to spend that on a player, but ultimately all we can do is have an opinion - not a say - its Levy who determines whether something is worth it. So ultimately our opinion is meaningless.

In simpler terms, for this upcoming season, Id welcome Zaha.

I appreciate people have doubts about him, but personally I think he is about to step it up - and I do think he has all the things we lack in a forward right now.

He can turn stalemates into wins, and thats the sort of thing that wins titles.

£15m on Lookman is the smart deal out there at the moment.

Exactly this. He's exactly the type of player we should be going after to bolster the squad.

Spend big on your most important needs — Dembele/Ald replacement — and take a punt on a young, promising player like Lookman.

He is, at this point in time, £20m better than Richarlison for us - that was my point.

£70m is insane money. Meaningless money. I cant argue with anyone saying they dont want to spend that on a player, but ultimately all we can do is have an opinion - not a say - its Levy who determines whether something is worth it. So ultimately our opinion is meaningless.

In simpler terms, for this upcoming season, Id welcome Zaha.

I appreciate people have doubts about him, but personally I think he is about to step it up - and I do think he has all the things we lack in a forward right now.

He can turn stalemates into wins, and thats the sort of thing that wins titles.

Yeah, I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying on Zaha. Sure, it'd be better to have him on our bench, than not. He's better than Sissoko or whatever.

However, I don't think "meaningless money" is a thing with Spurs right now. We are building one of the biggest and best stadiums in the world, and we need to be smarter and more careful than ever with who we sign. We're not Liverpool, City, or United. We can't just double our record transfer fee on someone who will improve our bench and maybe improve our squad.

I'd so much rather spend that 70 million across the squad on players we can develop than stump it all on someone who isn't going to make our XI better. Of all the players we've been linked to, the only ones who are worth that kinda outlay are Martial and Kovacic imo.

I'd be very happy with something like...

15 mil Lookman
20 mil Grealish (I'm not the biggest Grealish fan, but Poch seems to like him)
30 mil Ndombele

Yeah, I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying on Zaha. Sure, it'd be better to have him on our bench, than not. He's better than Sissoko or whatever.

However, I don't think "meaningless money" is a thing with Spurs right now. We are building one of the biggest and best stadiums in the world, and we need to be smarter and more careful than ever with who we sign. We're not Liverpool, City, or United. We can't just double our record transfer fee on someone who will improve our bench and maybe improve our squad.

I'd so much rather spend that 70 million across the squad on players we can develop than stump it all on someone who isn't going to make our XI better. Of all the players we've been linked to, the only ones who are worth that kinda outlay are Martial and Kovacic imo.

15 mil Lookman
30 mil Ndombele

Id welcome all those deals.

None are going to have the immediate impact, and address the immediate needs that Zaha will though.

And thats what we need right now.

I fully believe in buying and developing potential, but the team has grown such that players like that generally dont make immediate impacts.

We have a need for a strong, pacey, direct forward. A dribbler able to make things happen, draw players in to create space, and facilitate our beating defensive teams with more ease and regularity. And we need it now. You dont really get that by buying cheap, as NJie, Nkoudou have shown in recent seasons.

We need to adjust our transfer moves to accommodate buys from the top end of spending as well (be that Zaha/Martial/Whoever) which can be expected to make the required immediate impact.

IF we buy Zaha, or anyone, at that sort of money it will be because we can. Levy has delivered on the finances since forever, if its ok with him we are in no position to complain. And that is what I mean by saying our opinion on the money is meaningless.

Liverpool just spent £60m on a goalkeeper, while Leicester took Liverpools 3rd choice keeper for £10m - the money on transfers has literally gone mad. Who are we to judge what represents value any more?!

15 mil Lookman
30 mil Ndombele

I wouldn't even bother with those two. They aren't improvements on Moura/Lamela or Dembele/Winks respectively. In a year's time we'd have them in the Janssen/Nkoudou/Sissoko pile

We need to be only make very select signings - like Martial and Kovacic

I wouldn't even bother with those two. They aren't improvements on Moura/Lamela or Dembele/Winks respectively. In a year's time we'd have them in the Janssen/Nkoudou/Sissoko pile

Have to say im impressed with your knowledge ofFrench football having seen NDombele

Ill ask again on the Kovacic case... why would we sign him??

When has he been any good?

Yeah, Ndombele would be my pick to replace Dembele long-term. Though I don't doubt Winks' quality, I am concerned that he still isn't fit after being out for the better part of six months, and who know what is going on with Wanyama's knee? NDombele isn't a similar prospect to those mentioned, and from all accounts, is someones who is rated higher than any of those three you mentioned. I don't think us signing Kovacic is realistic, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Lookman would be a good, cheaper option for the back-up striker/wide-forward role if we can't get Martial, who would be my preferred signing. And like I said, I added Grealish to the list just because he seems like almost nailed on to sign.

As far as Kovacic, the guy is incredible. The handful of times I've seen him play for Madrid, he's been so impressive, and his numbers are really impressive. The way he can receive the ball against a press is similar to Dembele, and he's a really clever passer and dribbler. Look at how highly Real Madrid fans rate him, and not being able to break into a midfield with Kroos/Modric or Modric/Rakitic is nothing to be ashamed of.

Have to say im impressed with your knowledge ofFrench football having seen NDombele

I've only seen Ndombele play a full game once for Lyon, where he was very active and impressive. Most of my opinions come from looking at his underlying numbers, reading a bunch of stuff about him, and looking at the odd highlight reel. Obviously, just my uniformed opinion, but it's pretty clear that he plays in a similar style as Mousa, is super athletic, and a really good passer. Just feels like a Pochettino player.

Lookman would cost more than £15m, I'd expect he'd cost £25-£30m in the current climate. I don't think he's worth that given his experience but that seems to be the market.

Lookman would cost more than £15m, I'd expect he'd cost £25-£30m in the current climate. I don't think he's worth that given his experience but that seems to be the market.

I’d bite their hand off of him at that money

The lad given the right coaching will be brilliant

Back