• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

My ghod N.I are an awful team! Hope they get really tonked in the playoff! 37% posession vs Norway, and 1 shot at goal after 63 minutes.

N.I are brick! Beaten and totally outplayed by Norway, who also had 2 goals wrongly disallowed for offside. They should be nowhere near the World Cup!

England need Benitez as manager; can set a team up to defend and steal a result, knows how to win cups. Let him do it part time so he can stay with the toon.

Southgate is never going to get it done, doesn't matter how nice he is to the media. The team look fairly clueless, that's down to the coach.

Without actually playing football too. What a turgid team! Makes Pulisball look like Barcelona.

We've got tiny financial resources and a very small pool of players from which to pick, so do what we have to do. I wouldn't say England's football has been any less 'turgid' on the whole this campaign, nor at the Euro finals.

England need Benitez as manager; can set a team up to defend and steal a result, knows how to win cups. Let him do it part time so he can stay with the toon.

Southgate is never going to get it done, doesn't matter how nice he is to the media. The team look fairly clueless, that's down to the coach.

It will take a lot for Southgate to get replaced. He's the perfect yes man for the FA muppets.

The FA love a muppet - we make bad appointment after bad appointment.

We're finishing up on a cycle of getting Englishmen in charge but soon enough we'll be clambering for a tactically astute foreigner who wants 10m a year. I would actually give Wenger a crack once the goons get rid of him.

The national coach doesn't get enough time to impart a significant amount of tactics or impose his playing philosophy on the players. The best you can hope for is that they should be good at picking players for a role rather than shoe-horning in names.

When you consider the pool of players Southgate has at his disposal you can't expect miracles. There simply is not enough good ones. Teams like Germany or Spain derive their success from improving the player pool and all that entails.

The national coach doesn't get enough time to impart a significant amount of tactics or impose his playing philosophy on the players. The best you can hope for is that they should be good at picking players for a role rather than shoe-horning in names.

When you consider the pool of players Southgate has at his disposal you can't expect miracles. There simply is not enough good ones. Teams like Germany or Spain derive their success from improving the player pool and all that entails.
Aka, build it around the Spurs players, and play the same way.

National managers are in most cases second or third tier managers as well, they don't have the skills or ability to do it.

I don't have an issue with Southgate, I quite like him - but he's not a manager - but we will replace him with another second rate manager or have to pay over the odds.

I mean it was an option between Fat sam or steve Bruce last time

idon't have an issue with Southgate, I quite like him - but he's not a manager - but we will replace him with another second rate manager or have to pay over the odds.

I mean it was an option between Fat sam or steve Bruce last time

Ancelotti is free

Back